The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Best In Your Opinion !

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I think it is very UNFAIR to compare the dogs of the past with the dogs of today.

You cant compare them. You might say times are quicker but this is due to spring boards and probably better running surfaces, different feeding, different supplements etc. A lot of dogs are made to look good because because their is not much about at the time.

I still say the dogs of yesteryear would of more than held their own with the dogs of today, if they had the same help[springboards etc]

the time when north meets south is normally the champs. im from the north ie newcastle upon tyne and steve williams is from the south and my scratch and his scratch had some great races @ champs time but we never raced 2gethter up here or down there so i kinda get wot u r saying b ut then again u may have the best dog down south therfore wud still get recognition. :thumbsup:
Not every body can make Scotland :lol: , work, fuel, injury's,seasons and other commitments, also the dog may not of qualified for a Championship earlier that year due to the same again, :lol: I'm not personally talking about my own dog Leia, just making the point that NOT ALL dogs necessarily get the recognition they deserve because of where they live and distance to the shows that seem to creep further and further in the wrong direction. :-

I know Steve lives down south along with others and they might disagree, :lol: but at the end of the day,(IMO) if a dog can't make all or most of the events how can it prove it was any good. (w00t) :teehee:

I look forward to racing against your dogs Sherry, :thumbsup: I'm not sure what weight group you race in now, but I'm thinking of dropping a group this year so maybe we will meet. :thumbsup: di

the time when north meets south is normally the champs. im from the north ie newcastle upon tyne and steve williams is from the south and my scratch and his scratch had some great races @ champs time but we never raced 2gethter up here or down there so i kinda get wot u r saying b ut then again u may have the best dog down south therfore wud still get recognition. :thumbsup:
Not every body can make Scotland :lol: , work, fuel, injury's,seasons and other commitments, also the dog may not of qualified for a Championship earlier that year due to the same again, :lol: I'm not personally talking about my own dog Leia, just making the point that NOT ALL dogs necessarily get the recognition they deserve because of where they live and distance to the shows that seem to creep further and further in the wrong direction. :-

I know Steve lives down south along with others and they might disagree, :lol: but at the end of the day,(IMO) if a dog can't make all or most of the events how can it prove it was any good. (w00t) :teehee:

I look forward to racing against your dogs Sherry, :thumbsup: I'm not sure what weight group you race in now, but I'm thinking of dropping a group this year so maybe we will meet. :thumbsup: di

yes not all can make scotland but then not all can make devon either. im lucky i made both 7 and half hours to devon approx 3 hours to scotland. these days u dont have to qualify 2 race in the champs u havent had to qualify 4 years as far as i know. unless u mean the superleague? thats fairly new. @ the moment i dont have a scratch dog :( and i hate it having had a scratch dog for 13 years. now i have a 28/29lber and a 23lber but im hoping to get a scratch dog from nikki whizz & jack the lad. in our region the north east, even if u just ran @ the 4/5 north east opens and won u wud get recognition as we have a north east dogs only competition ie top dog, top bitch, top 36/40 and no limit scratch. dogs from this catergory that have attended and won @ local opens get points and the one with most is the winner and gets a trophy etc. does your region not have this kind of competiition? i know norrth yorks have it as well. it makes it a bit nicer if u can only race locally. :thumbsup:

You seem to be taking my opinions personally Sherry :lol: i still recon that dogs that can race more often (due to where they live) are bound to get noticed more. :lol: di

Devon is only 2 hours for me :eek: i hate to think what Scotland would be from Truro. :wacko: (w00t)

You seem to be taking my opinions personally Sherry :lol: i still recon that dogs that can race more often (due to where they live) are bound to get noticed more. :lol: di 

Devon is only 2 hours for me :eek: i hate to think what Scotland would be from Truro. :wacko: (w00t)

Just googled it, (w00t) 10 hrs 9 min aren't i the lucky one...... :lol:

not taking it personally @ all gabbitas just saying that most people have to travel :thumbsup:

why is it always north v south

their all club dogs at the end off the day

me in person dont care if i win or not its only a hobbie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back