The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2007

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
THECAP said:
Hope u win summit at this racin mark hate to see growin men stamp there feet and av a big lip on lol
lets nip this in the bud to avoid involving moderators, too many other show organisers have had their threads hijacked and these types of comments just aren't constructive.

please dont bring any arguments or personal agendas onto our thread, if you want to direct your personal comments at someone please do so on your own thread or via PM.

Many Thanks

The Lurcher Showground

Just to keep everyone updated, pictures of this years trophies have just been added to our website, here is a preview of one of the Cornish Champion Trophies:

sunchamp2.jpg

if you would like to see all of this years trophies please click here

Hope you like them :)

Keith

i think i will be coming down to this show, hope to see marks little dogs run again,

ill introduce myself 2 u mark so u know who i am.

jane123 said:
i think i will be coming down to this show, hope to see marks little dogs run again,ill introduce myself 2 u mark so u know who i am.

yes that would be nice and i hope my dogs perform on the day as it will be one of there last shows,good luck to everybody,mark

Nice trophies. Looking forward to attending a week Saturday and to take pics if that is ok. :thumbsup:

Looks asthough its going to be a brilliant weekend!

Could anyone let me know if you have to pre book camping? also do most people drive down friday?

Can anyone give me some details camping or holiday parks (i.e Haven),what ever you have down there.Preferably dog freindly.

STEVE180 said:
Can anyone give me some details camping or holiday parks (i.e Haven),what ever you have down there.Preferably dog freindly.
will you not have to ask youre mummy and daddy 1st, :lol: tt

http://www.thelurchershowground.co.uk/

what a cracking place......kinda tempted though ive an english event every fortnight so dont think i could do 3 weeks on the trot.

i noticed an interesting line in the website above the picture of the ground....

(a Lurcher is a Longdog cross of no more than 7/8ths of any one breed)

i know a few who shouldnt be there then :lol: :lol: :- "

your views please................and i dont want the "2 usuals" going on about their "world champion life saving- scientist -dogs" and how their dogs cleared 20 buses on a motorbike whilst skinning rabbits that they needed for tea because there was no shops that sold dog food around :eek: :- " :lol:

Tom Pickering said:
Looks asthough its going to be a brilliant weekend! Could anyone let me know if you have to pre book camping? also do most people drive down friday?

Hi Tom, Yes its non stop action all weekend, except for in the Maequee Sat eve when we have time to chat to folks :sweating: .

To book camping plase click on the link below the Trophy picture in the post above and follow the contact details :thumbsup: .

A lot do camp on friday, especially if coming long distances :teehee: .

Have a good trip, Keith

Last edited by a moderator:
STEVE180 said:

Hi Steve 180,

www.visitcornwall.co.uk

should help you find a suitable site :thumbsup:

Keith.

Last edited by a moderator:
stormydog said:
what a cracking place......kinda tempted though ive an english event every fortnight so dont think i could do 3 weeks on the trot.

i noticed an interesting line in the website above the picture of the ground....

i know a few who shouldnt be there then  :lol:   :lol:   :- "

your views please................and i dont want the "2 usuals" going on about their "world champion life saving- scientist -dogs"  and how their dogs cleared  20 buses on a motorbike whilst skinning rabbits that they needed for tea because there was no shops that sold dog food around  :eek:   :- "  :lol:

well you know my view, and if its the only way people can win,well good on em , :oops: se i run just plain working old fashioned rough coated lurchers and these people still cant knock my dogs from the top and like its said,LURCHER show ground not greyhound are whippets,mark

markbrick said:
stormydog said:

i know a few who shouldnt be there then  :lol:    :lol:    :- "

your views please................and i dont want the "2 usuals" going on about their "world champion life saving- scientist -dogs"  and how their dogs cleared  20 buses on a motorbike whilst skinning rabbits that they needed for tea because there was no shops that sold dog food around  :eek:    :- "   :lol:

well you know my view, and if its the only way people can win,well good on em , :oops: se i run just plain working old fashioned rough coated lurchers and these people still cant knock my dogs from the top and like its said,LURCHER show ground not greyhound are whippets,mark

and john come on over it will be a good weekend

markbrick said:
stormydog said:

your views please................and i dont want the "2 usuals" going on about their "world champion life saving- scientist -dogs"  and how their dogs cleared  20 buses on a motorbike whilst skinning rabbits that they needed for tea because there was no shops that sold dog food around  :eek:    :- "   :lol:

also would a whippet track let lurchers run with the whippets are a non ped meeting let rough coat lurchers NO WAY

stormydog said:

your views please................and i dont want the "2 usuals" going on about their "world champion life saving- scientist -dogs"  and how their dogs cleared  20 buses on a motorbike whilst skinning rabbits that they needed for tea because there was no shops that sold dog food around  :eek:   :- "  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Respect :thumbsup:

stormydog said:

Good point mate.what are the club views on running a Whippet x Grey or Non-Ped.

STEVE180 said:
stormydog said:

Good point mate.what are the club views on running a Whippet x Grey or Non-Ped.

i would say enter it in the endurance thing on saturday :lol: :lol: see how good it really is, all its got to do is simulated,longjump,hurdles ,speedjump and then racing if there is anything left in it,thats why lurchers were formed,STAMINA

stormydog said:

a lurcher is a sighthound cross forget the percentages

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back