The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2007

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After several complaints and messages about legal action and solicitors, I've made a dozen or so posts on this thread invisible.

I hope you'll all understand that (whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation between the photographer and the show organisers) it's not appropriate to use this forum for a public disagreement. The two parties should conduct their business off K9.

In addition, K9 has some new rules regarding advertising. They were updated when The Market Place came into being in July.

Advertising of goods or services on K9 Community is permissible only in 'The Market Place' forum. You must not promote goods or services anywhere else on K9 Community in a deliberate attempt (or apparently deliberate attempt) to avoid a proper advertisement being placed in 'The Market Place'. Such posts will be removed or edited and the poster contacted advising them of the problem.

Advertising of goods or services in signatures is not allowed. This includes banners and text advertisements.

If you know of a site that's selling photos of an event you've attended and you want to share the information, it's probably no longer acceptable for you to give a link in your post as this could be classed as advertising. Instead, you might say something like, "I've seen a site selling photos, if anyone wants the link please PM me..." I think that would be acceptable although I would like to clarify the situation with Nigel :thumbsup:

In this particular situation, if people do not agree with the showground's stance and wish to contact the photographer and make private arrangements, then I suggest they do it via the PM system to avoid disrupting an otherwise good thread.

Any further posts about this disagreement will be removed, so please keep on topic and carry on enjoying the success of the Championships :thumbsup:

~Helen~ said:
After several complaints and messages about legal action and solicitors, I've made a dozen or so posts on this thread invisible.
I hope you'll all understand that (whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation between the photographer and the show organisers) it's not appropriate to use this forum for a public disagreement. The two parties should conduct their business off K9.

In addition, K9 has some new rules regarding advertising. They were updated when The Market Place came into being in July.

Advertising of goods or services on K9 Community is permissible only in 'The Market Place' forum. You must not promote goods or services anywhere else on K9 Community in a deliberate attempt (or apparently deliberate attempt) to avoid a proper advertisement being placed in 'The Market Place'. Such posts will be removed or edited and the poster contacted advising them of the problem.

Advertising of goods or services in signatures is not allowed. This includes banners and text advertisements.

If you know of a site that's selling photos of an event you've attended and you want to share the information, it's probably no longer acceptable for you to give a link in your post as this could be classed as advertising. Instead, you might say something like, "I've seen a site selling photos, if anyone wants the link please PM me..." I think that would be acceptable although I would like to clarify the situation with Nigel :thumbsup:

In this particular situation, if people do not agree with the showground's stance and wish to contact the photographer and make private arrangements, then I suggest they do it via the PM system to avoid disrupting an otherwise good thread.

Any further posts about this disagreement will be removed, so please keep on topic and carry on enjoying the success of the Championships :thumbsup:

:) I just want to clarify the advertising situation after checking with the other Mods and Admin Team.

It IS okay for you to post links to other sites where photos or any other goods are being sold, just so long as you do not gain personally from this, and you are not attempting to avoid putting an advert in The Market Place.

So, if you think other K9 members will benefit from knowing about a reliable and trustworthy site that you think is selling good stuff, then it is okay to post :thumbsup:

:cheers:

After giving the matter some thought, rather than merely listing everybodies final position in the Endurance Challenge, I thought it might be nice for you to see a full breakdown of points in each event and how they progressed throughout the day.

So if your dog took part and you'd like to have a look at the full Endurance result chart please follow this link

Keith :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that it is nice to see how the dogs accumalated their points!! looks like they all did well for the first time this event was held!!

ps well done on your racing result too :D

jml said:
Thanks for that it is nice to see how the dogs accumalated their points!! looks like they all did well for the first time this event was held!!
ps well done on your racing result too :D

Hi jml and thanks, we are very pleased with Keel's first adult outing :D .

It is intresting to see how the Long Jump effected the overall results of The Endurance Challenge.

All the handlers should be very proud of their dogs efforts :huggles: .

Keith.

[SIZE=14pt]The Lurcher Showground Website Gallery[/SIZE]

Our New Website Gallery is now up and running with pictures of 'The Championship Weekend' for you to view, comment on or to download (w00t) .

Special thanks to Robw for making his pic's available for everyone to access :thumbsup: .

We hope that you have fun looking for pictures of youself or your dog/s amongst them :D .

Click on my signature to go there :unsure:

:cheers: Keith.

some cracking pictures there,and some real good ones of the long jump, how the hell lady clears 22 foot and 26 foot sometimes and she only 21 inchs tall i dont know,but she loves it thanks again for a really good weekend,mark

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back