The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

"the Last Waterloo Cup" Bbc 2 Sept 30, 9pm.

Mike from Hereford said:
Took a year to film, one for VHS I reckon.  Get it in your diary NOW !!!
Enjoy,

Mike.

going to be taping that to show the grandchildren etc. Who knows mike we may even be on the program.I was at altcar and lydaitte showing my support. I saw all the police horses and anti's. Most of the anti's needed a good wash and hair cut filthy they were.

Anyway my phone will be off the hook that night thats for sure.

Cheers for letting us all know mate

Mally,

if they run 2006's Waterloo Cup in Ireland were getting a group together if you fancy it? that goes for anyone else.

watch the coursing by day, racing by night, then a few :cheers: afterwards.

I won,tgo,I won,tgoI won,tgo, ..........................thats a week for me then PLEASE !!

Mike

and afew friends," Bet we can drink more cider than you !!!"

count me in lads coursing dogs good hares good :cheers: = good day

keep on hunting

coursing1.gif

if they run 2006's Waterloo Cup in Ireland were getting a group together if you fancy it? that goes for anyone else.

watch the coursing by day, racing by night, then a few cheers.gif afterwards.

Is the waterloo cup really going to be held in Ireland this year? cause if it was i would really like too go see it! :thumbsup:

," Bet we can drink more cider than you !!!"
umm now the problem might be! we'll all see day 1, some might make day 2 but how many of us will survive to see day 3? :cheers:

As far as i'm aware nothings definat yet about where it will be held but the favourit venue has to Be Ireland,

Well lets see if we can fill a ferry. :p

Wel if it is to held in Ireland! then thats handy for me because i live in Ireland! and i would go if it is in Ireland! :thumbsup:

There was an article on the programme in the Saturday Telegraph magazine. The reviews say that it gets repetative. We don't care, we'll be too busy looking out for our friends!

The cameraman ended up in the beat when he was in Yorkshire. He was run ragged! I don't think he filmed at the same time though. At least he got really involved.

Hope I'm not seen as my boss is an anti! :oops:

Cerito

I was at altcar and lydaitte showing my support. I saw all the police horses and anti's. Most of the anti's needed a good wash and hair cut filthy they were.

ha ha, made me laugh!

its on later, I'll be watching it, see what I've been missing

hope you enjoy it :thumbsup:

About to set video in case we miss anything! OH is sad coz they would have been out for the first coursing next week.

(w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
A really informative insight into hare coursing.Archie was mesmerised!!!!!!!!!! (w00t)

I do think it's a shame it is all over :(

The end really did explain why it shouldn't be banned. some of the hares shot have slow and painful deaths. With dogs its over quickly

the last shots of the hare shoot and the slow deaths suffered said it all, how many did they say they shot that day? was it 300 or so? :(

how can that possibly be prefered :(

I'll be honest, my dogs are all retired show dogs so I have never been coursing, though I did take my whippets lure coursing, and anyway, you can't have a sight hound and expect it not to chase - my whippets chase everything that moves, even leaves, and my little italian greyhounds catch more birds than the local cats do!! :oops:

It still didn't stop me explaining to my kids how coursing protects the land and the hares - they really didn't understand how until they watched the programme and saw the end bit, with all those hares that had been shot :(

and my dogs were glued to it too (w00t)

felt quite sad to see the old boys watching part of their lives end - my kids go fishing with my old man, they understand that what they do with him now will stay as part of their childhood memories forever - quite moving really :unsure:

The programme was on BBC4 the other week, watched it again and still shed a tear. No matter what the government say, its still going on and the Waterloo Cup in Ireland? lets hope theres a good turnout next year and Skippy and I will deffo make the effort to support it.

my old man has aunts and uncles who live in Ireland and we keep saying that we should go over, we only need to pay for travel :thumbsup:

where and when will it be taking place? perhaps my lovely auntie Kay or uncle Shay will get visitors after all :lol:

Great programme,that encapsulated all the good qualities of coursing.I thought Sir Mark Prescott was fantastic .LONG LIVE COURSING.

Had fears for this one :sweating: ...but unfounded :thumbsup: , should have been shown to every anti before the legislation was ever even drafted...hope they are ashamed :rant:

Wont get into the politics of the matter, but always felt it was an absurd class thing based on views drawn from??? not reality anyway. Sooooooooooooo ironic as everyone I know involved with coursing (and the whole fox hunting thing as it goes), is what would be termed working class.

Anyway...whats about this ferry then? Did all the Liberty and Livelyhood protests... and petition thing, and the letters to elected ones...all to no avail...in the past, but no quiter...so now prepared to spend me sterling in Ireland, if enough of us make that point ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back