The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The South West Lure Coursing Club ....

Sorry (It was a saturday evening :b ),I was just wondering what i get for my money as £10 seems alot of cash compared to other events!

For £10 your dog will be guaranteed at least 2 runs over a course of about 500 yards .....The winner of the main Whippet stake wins a velvet jacket, the runner up, novice stake, winners and runners up also win a trophy or rosette .......and whats more is if that wasn't enough in itself, everyone will be lucky enough to be graced with Rae's and my presence for a whole day :clown: .......

Strike Whippets said:
For £10 your dog will be guaranteed at least 2 runs over a course of about 500 yards  .....The winner of the main Whippet stake wins a velvet jacket, the runner up, novice stake, winners and runners up also win a trophy or rosette .......and whats more is if that wasn't enough in itself, everyone will be lucky enough to be graced with Rae's and my presence for a whole day :clown:   .......
Extremely good value for money. £10 doesn't buy much we know but a day spent lure coursing and the cameradery of those with you probably represents money well spent. Not to mention the thrill of watching dogs run,with your own running at least twice and the possibility of a semi final or final. What the hell more do you want for a tenner man?

lamping man said:
Strike Whippets said:
For £10 your dog will be guaranteed at least 2 runs over a course of about 500 yards  .....The winner of the main Whippet stake wins a velvet jacket, the runner up, novice stake, winners and runners up also win a trophy or rosette .......and whats more is if that wasn't enough in itself, everyone will be lucky enough to be graced with Rae's and my presence for a whole day :clown:   .......
Extremely good value for money. £10 doesn't buy much we know but a day spent lure coursing and the cameradery of those with you probably represents money well spent. Not to mention the thrill of watching dogs run,with your own running at least twice and the possibility of a semi final or final. What the hell more do you want for a tenner man?

A smack on the arse (w00t) 8) :- "

TCx

Officer Crabtree said:
Sorry (It was a saturday evening :b ),I was just wondering what i get for my money as £10 seems alot of cash compared to other events!
I'm not sure if you are joking or not, however as Hannah has already replied each dog will get a minimum of 2 runs, plus the chance of a jacket or rosette, plus theres the field to have cut and rolled, the eqpt to pay for, the slipper and judge, use of a toilet block, a quad bike for re-threading the lure. We arent going to be rolling around with tenners stuffed down our pants at the end of the day if thats what you are worried about.

Rae said:
Officer Crabtree said:
I'm not sure if you are joking or not, however as Hannah has already replied each dog will get a minimum of 2 runs, plus the chance of a jacket or rosette, plus theres the field to have cut and rolled, the eqpt to pay for, the slipper and judge, use of a toilet block, a quad bike for re-threading the lure. We arent going to be rolling around with tenners stuffed down our pants at the end of the day if thats what you are worried about.

Well said dear xx

Rae said:
Officer Crabtree said:

Quite the bleedin opposite :rant: some of us have put our hands in our pockets to try and start this club off !! if you think a tenners too dear then dont enter - go down the pub buy yourself three pints of beer and a packet of peanuts you'll still have a few coppers to put back in your trouser pocket to play with, perhaps that will make you happy. When we have eventually recouped the initial outlay of setting up this club ( which won't be from the proceeds of this meeting) then we will

plough any surpluses back into the club for the benefit of the members.

larruu said:
Rae said:
Officer Crabtree said:

Quite the bleedin opposite :rant: some of us have put our hands in our pockets to try and start this club off !! if you think a tenners too dear then dont enter - go down the pub buy yourself three pints of beer and a packet of peanuts you'll still have a few coppers to put back in your trouser pocket to play with, perhaps that will make you happy. When we have eventually recouped the initial outlay of setting up this club ( which won't be from the proceeds of this meeting) then we will

plough any surpluses back into the club for the benefit of the members.

Great post ......As Laurie said 3 of us have put the money up to set up this club ....... Our great friend Jason has lent us rollers, batteries and is going to be our slipper (for free to help us out and has found us our Whippet judge for free) though I'm a tad scared of having to be the Lurcher judge :b .....South Cotswols are lending us their lure machine as back up ...... This is how it should be, no club needs belittling especially a new one .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put everyone. Forget about the penny pinching sadoes they are not what you need. Your future looks rosy with the committment shown by the genuine sportspeople that have shown interest so far. Good luck to you all :thumbsup: :luck: :cheers:

lamping man said:
Well put everyone. Forget about the penny pinching sadoes they are not what you need. Your future looks rosy with the committment shown by the genuine sportspeople that have shown interest so far. Good luck to you all :thumbsup:   :luck:   :cheers:

Thanks Chris :D

Some top posts its hard work putting together an event & making everything run smoothly & i think people often overlook all the work that is put in to one of these events Time/sponsors/venues/equipment/trophies/raffle prizes/preperation/advertising + the efforts of the peolpe on the day Slipper/judge/officials & sporting members etc :thumbsup:

I can't run any of mine this time round as they are too young (or won't chase a lure), but I hope to be able to give them a trial or two and I'll be only too willing to pay the going rate for this :thumbsup:

If I want to run my horse in a Point to Point I have to pay £15 to enter at least a week before but if I don't run him the money stays with the hunt - it doesn't get refunded to me!

So I think £10 on the day - and only if you run - is a BLOODY GOOD DEAL :p :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Some top posts its hard work putting together an event & making everything run smoothly & i think people often overlook all the work that is put in to one of these events Time/sponsors/venues/equipment/trophies/raffle prizes/preperation/advertising + the efforts of the peolpe on the day Slipper/judge/officials & sporting members etc :thumbsup:
Thanks Jeff ...You've got it spot on :thumbsup: ....people just don't take on board whats involved in running a meeting :sweating: :wacko: (w00t)

Well I dunno. £10. Hmmm................

Right I must get my act together and get my dogs sorted out oh and a cheque in the post.

>What the hell more do you want for a tenner ....?

Hmm a bottle of wine? Mind you it'll cost us more to recross the bridge into Wales than £10.

BeeJay said:
Well I dunno.  £10.  Hmmm................
Right I must get my act together and get my dogs sorted out oh and a cheque in the post.

>What the hell more do you want for a tenner ....?

Hmm a bottle of wine?  Mind you it'll cost us more to recross the bridge into Wales than £10.

:cheers: my dear ....we look forward to seeing the Moose and Whizzy :huggles:

Rae said:
Officer Crabtree said:
I'm not sure if you are joking or not,

Me joking Rae?........ Oh you know me too well!
In all seriousness i hope the event goes well and gains support,Its about time we had something like this around here.

If you ever need a back up lure machine, give me a pm :huggles: :cheers:

Wasnt aware I knew you at all! Who are you Officer Crabtree?!

Just ask a mod to check out the ip address of officer crabtree, It may turn out to be the local joker again who likes to masquerade under multiple names or even it could be one of his hangers on....

This type of thing happened a few months ago when the north west were organising a meeting..... :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back