The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

This Looks an Interesting Movie - The Isle of Dogs

Very interesting! full of very famous voices! Seems quite dark.....

I've seen the trailers. I don't think I would pay to go to the cinema but I would watch it when it comes to tv.

the review i saw said that the screenwriter? / producer? "has a strong love/hate relationship with Japanese culture", & takes many jabs at it. The critic sounded lukewarm at best, & said that dog-lovers would be the group most-likely to enjoy it.

this critic -
http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/what-its-like-to-watch-isle-of-dogs-as-a-japanese-speaker.html

... sez that Anderson co-opted the culture, & that casting is overwhelmingly white, not Asian - with the glaring exception of Yoko Ono.

OTOH, i've enjoyed many movies the critics panned, so that may not mean much. :D
- terry

Last edited:
Reviews like that do pi$$ me off a little @leashedForLife. It's the downside to the internet - someone, somewhere takes the opportunity to vent their offence to something, no matter how trivial; you can't do this as it offends someone, you can't say that as it offends someone. For god's sake it's a work of fiction, a film! If it was a factual piece, then there might be substance to the argument (using this argument, is he offended about the recent all female cast of some of Shakespeare's work?). My take is it was made in America to appeal to a western audience, and therefore the voice talent reflects that. Like @JoanneF, I won't see it in the cinema - I rarely go there these days as it just so expensive - I'll wait until it's available to watch at home, but I am looking forward to it.

Yours,

Offended of Dog Forum :D:D:D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back