The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tia

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
am afraid I have no advice - but thought i'd pass on my very best wishes hon....it never rains but it pours don't it xxx

So sorry to hear of your problems Nicky, and then Tia's troubles on top of it all. I really hope Hula's daughter has given you some hope of a good outcome for Tia, and has at least made it possible for you to enjoy Christmas. Keep your chin up hun - sending lots of love and hugs :huggles: :huggles:

:luck: Big hugs for you and Tia, Nicky :huggles:

Pauline

Oh Nicky,i can't belive this is happening :( poor Tia,she been through it all and you!!

I hope they sort this out with her :luck: i,m sure you are getting the best advice there is.

Lots of love to you both :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Sorry to hear Tia is poorly again, Hulas daughter has given some good advice there, she does need to see your vet when you can as if it is steroid responsive the outcome is really positive. So dont worry, hard i know, but she will im sure be OK Luv and Best Wishes Jan :huggles:

Nicky, im so sorry to read this, poor poor Tia. Its awful seeing them in pain when Tara had her injury she couldnt move without yelping and each yelp hurt me too.

I hope this can all be resolved soon its been dragging on for too long. Its probably a stupid question but did they run blood tests? What did they find?

Marie. :huggles:

I'm gutted to hear this, Nicky, but really glad that Hula's daughter has been able to give you such good advice :thumbsup:

Hopefully Tia will get on the road to recovery with right treatment she needs.

Thinking of you, hun, and I hope Tia is as comfortable as possible :huggles: xx

marier05 said:
Nicky, im so sorry to read this, poor poor Tia.  Its awful seeing them in pain when Tara had her injury she couldnt move without yelping and each yelp hurt me too. 
I hope this can all be resolved soon its been dragging on for too long.  Its probably a stupid question but did they run blood tests?  What did they find?

Marie.  :huggles:

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT GUYS :huggles: yes the first vet di exrays ,radiographs and bloods and all came bk clear :blink:

Hula said:
I should have said also, if it is that, the prognosis is really good, and they tend to respond quite quickly too.I hope what I've said has been helpful - please let my mum know how things go - I'm not a member on this site myself.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

thanks ever so much for your help and advice :huggles: il will pm your mum to keep her posted for you and again thanks :huggles:
Hi there - just wondered how Tia is? I often read the topic discussions for tips, but now my 10 month old whippet Alfie is poorly and it sounds very similar to Tia's symptoms. He's seen the vet several times since Sunday night and he still has a high temperature and isn't responding to anti-biotics. We saw the vet today and have now discovered his neck is painful too. He's so depressed and lethargic it breaks my heart and I just want him leaping around again. I really think it might be meningitus. He's due to have an x-ray on his neck on Monday morning, but I think I'll go tomorrow and see if he can be treated with steroids. Has Tia responded to any more treatment?

Jo

Hula said:
I should have said also, if it is that, the prognosis is really good, and they tend to respond quite quickly too.I hope what I've said has been helpful - please let my mum know how things go - I'm not a member on this site myself.

thanks ever so much for your help and advice :huggles: il will pm your mum to keep her posted for you and again thanks :huggles:
Hi there - just wondered how Tia is? I often read the topic discussions for tips, but now my 10 month old whippet Alfie is poorly and it sounds very similar to Tia's symptoms. He's seen the vet several times since Sunday night and he still has a high temperature and isn't responding to anti-biotics. We saw the vet today and have now discovered his neck is painful too. He's so depressed and lethargic it breaks my heart and I just want him leaping around again. I really think it might be meningitus. He's due to have an x-ray on his neck on Monday morning, but I think I'll go tomorrow and see if he can be treated with steroids. Has Tia responded to any more treatment?

Jo

Hi there sorry to hear your whippy is poorly too, I would visit your vet as soon as poss and ask if it could be meningitis, if so the sooner the treatment can start the better for your boy. Good luck with Alfie

Im sure Nicky will reply as soon as she sees this, we are all thinking of Tia and now Alfie

Sending you hugs Nicky what a awful time your having :huggles: :huggles: .

Try not to worry to much i know its hard but if what Hula's daughter thinks is right then hopefully Tia will be fixed up soon :)

Jake the wonderdog good luck with alfie too sending you hugs :huggles: :huggles:

Hula said:

Jo
hi there jo,well tia is very up and down at the moe ,but she is much better and seems to be responding to the anti biotics ,isnt so stiff today ,she been on cephalexin 250mg twice a day and i noticed an improvement after first day ,althou she was a little off yesterday so shes up and down like a yo yo at the moe ,i hope your alfie is feeling better soon keep us posted hun ,as i know how you must be feeling ,its horrible wen you see them in pain :(

Hi Nicky - glad Tia seems a little better today :luck: hope she now continues to improve. :huggles:

My thoughts are with you ...... hope 2009 is a much better year for you :flowers: :thumbsup:

Hi thanks for your messages - I took Alfie this morning and talked to the vet about meningitis. He wanted to go ahead with the diagnostic stuff - x ray/ spinal fluid sample/MRI type scan, but It'll mean 3 lots of general anaethetic and I don't like the idea of that. The vet agreed to start him on steroids to see if he starts feeling better, I'm going back for a check up on Monday.

Alfie's very up and down too, he's still eating and drinking, but his food obsession has depleted somewhat. He's just very quiet and occasionally gets up and lies down again. He's normally on the sofa with us, but it must be too uncomfortable so he's on a duvet on the floor.

Well lets hope they are them old selves very soon, I miss his boundless energy

Jo ;)

[ there jo,well tia is very up and down at the moe ,but she is much better and seems to be responding to the anti biotics ,isnt so stiff today ,she been on cephalexin 250mg twice a day and i noticed an improvement after first day ,althou she was a little off yesterday so shes up and down like a yo yo at the moe ,i hope your alfie is feeling better soon keep us posted hun ,as i know how you must be feeling ,its horrible wen you see them in pain :(

I'm glad Tia is feeling a bit better Nicky. Hope 2009 is better for you all. :huggles:

Hi thanks for your messages - I took Alfie this morning and talked to the vet about meningitis. He wanted to go ahead with the diagnostic stuff - x ray/ spinal fluid sample/MRI type scan, but It'll mean 3 lots of general anaethetic and I don't like the idea of that. The vet agreed to start him on steroids to see if he starts feeling better, I'm going back for a check up on Monday.Alfie's very up and down too, he's still eating and drinking, but his food obsession has depleted somewhat. He's just very quiet and occasionally gets up and lies down again. He's normally on the sofa with us, but it must be too uncomfortable so he's on a duvet on the floor.

Well lets hope they are them old selves very soon, I miss his boundless energy

Jo ;)
Hope Alfie is feeling better soon too :thumbsup: it's awful when they are poorly.

Aw, poor Tia and Alfie - hope they are both soon on the mend :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

OMG Nicky poor you and poor tia, :( heres hoping Tia's health improves quickly, seems like you have had some great advice

given you :thumbsup: Sending you all lots of :huggles: :huggles: and a better 2009.

Hope Alfie gets well soon too :huggles:

Latest re: Alfie -

He's made a marked improvement!! :D

He's not 100% but he's back on the sofa and he's been more interested in playing. He's due for a check up tonight, but I'm sure his temperature is back down. He's even greeting me in the morning with lots of head rubbing - something he couldn't do when he was very poorly. He's still sleeping a lot - but that's no surprise really. I'm feeling much more confident that he's on the mend.

I hope Tia is continuing to get better too. We saw a change in Alfie after his first day of steroids - in the evening he became so much more lively and he's back eating full portions of food.

Fingers crossed that they both continue back to full health.

Thanks for all your messages of support :thumbsup:

Jo

Latest re: Alfie -He's made a marked improvement!! :D

He's not 100% but he's back on the sofa and he's been more interested in playing. He's due for a check up tonight, but I'm sure his temperature is back down. He's even greeting me in the morning with lots of head rubbing - something he couldn't do when he was very poorly. He's still sleeping a lot - but that's no surprise really. I'm feeling much more confident that he's on the mend.

I hope Tia is continuing to get better too. We saw a change in Alfie after his first day of steroids - in the evening he became so much more lively and he's back eating full portions of food.

Fingers crossed that they both continue back to full health.

Thanks for all your messages of support :thumbsup:

Jo
What wonderful news Jo :thumbsup: Lets hope Tia improves now :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back