The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Time for a new bed!

Caro Perry

Registered
Bryn Ffynnon Holiday Cottage Wales -TAFARN-Y-FEDW, Wales
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I think he's grown.....

Last September:

21768402_10155174164399069_251896085952363556_n.jpg

Last night

IMG_3881[1].JPG

Time to buy a new bed I think!

He's so big now! :) yeah i think a new bed is much needed!

I don't know if you are looking for suggestions but a couple of years ago I bought a bed for T that takes a separately bought, eye wateringly expensive memory foam mattess. The mattess is excellent and gives great support but in hindsight, a memory foam pillow would have been a LOT cheaper, just as effective, and it would have been very easy to get pillow cases as covers.

To be fair the little bed is actually retired - I got it out to pass on to a friend with a new puppy but Harri decided it was the perfect place to take a nap last evening.

He does have a larger version. They are very cheap but very cosy and completely washable. The whole thing will fit in my machine and it's dry within hours. I do want to get him a better quality bed but I'm still undecided. Some of the prices are eye watering and I do need it to be washable. He can get quite "fragrant" and he's not big on baths or showers so I need to wash his bedding pretty regularly.

Can you wash memory foam?

Haha, he does look comfortable though in both pics :)

Can you wash memory foam?

I have no idea but it has a sort of rubbery texture and doesn't seem to absorb any smell. My own pillows came with a pillow cover made of cotton terry towelling type material and i use a pillowcase on top of these on my bed, so that gives two layers. If I had one for Timber I probably would have a fleece blanket on it too so as long as the covers are washable I don't think you would need to worry.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back