The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Top Honcho Rip

noopy_101

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
number 1 stud dog TOP HONCHO passed away last night. He was let out last night at 12 o clock for the toilet and returned to his kennel and just passed away painlessly

He was the sire to my friends greyhound pups last year....

RIP Honcho... ...

That's really sad, he was my dog's dad.

What a shame that he didn't have a proper retirement and had to die in a kennel. At least he is free now.

jgear said:
What a shame that he didn't have a proper retirement and had to die in a kennel.  At least he is free now.

Too right , :( and of all the dogs that really deserved it, by how much money they made from him , he did .

I wonder how many hundreds of litters are by him ?

RIP big fella :(

JAX said:
jgear said:
What a shame that he didn't have a proper retirement and had to die in a kennel.  At least he is free now.

Too right , :( and of all the dogs that really deserved it, by how much money they made from him , he did .

8396 pups to date

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=top+honc...ear=&birthland=

Last edited by a moderator:
well if he sired so many litters the lad deserved a good retirement.didnt the owner want to part with him or could he not find a good retirement home?sorry the lads died and yes it would have been lovely for him to have spent his last few years curled up in front of someones fire a much loved pet.has anyone any pictures of the lad?rest in peace Honcho

Thinkif I was getting my leg over twice a week and no come back (you have to marry me)

I would live in kennel and be thankfull.

Women might see it different

galty said:
Thinkif I was getting my leg over twice a week and no come back (you have to marry me)

I would live in kennel and be thankfull.

Women might see it different

Dont like to disillusion you , but most Irish based stud dogs rarely see the bitch let alone :- "

Its all AI Im afraid . :eek:

My friend used Premier Fantasy just over a year ago , she went to ireland where they inserted the sperm into her uterus :wacko: . When she came back she had stitches in her side so it wasnt even `put in ` the normal way ( please forgive my lack of correct names :wacko: )

So , all you would be getting was `hand work ` :oops: Still happy in a kennel ?

I wonder how many `straws ` they have , so we could have Top Honcho pups for years to come yet .

he was certainly a nice littlre earner for someone wasnt he

crikey jax i didnt know they did A.I. in dogs.i knew they used it in horses and cattle but dogs?i knew some famous dogs had their sperm taken and frozen cos they were valuable dogs to the breed and so their sperm could be used when they died also its frozen and shipped all over the world but what if the bitch lives in the next county and is just coming for a visit?dont they even allow the dog to do a natural mating then? :blink: poor beggar :b

galty said:
JAX said:
jgear said:

8396 pups to date

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=top+honc...ear=&birthland=

£4.000,a time,and if they split the vail,which im sure they will now,with no more SEMEN available,it will be double that.I also think that his frozen semen will go way up in price now.He was some stud though,and will be sorely missed in the greyhound world.He has a son at stud,(ok 100s of them)who goe's by the name of CRASH.The next Top Honcho.

kris said:
crikey jax i didnt know they did A.I. in dogs.i knew they used it in horses and cattle but dogs?i knew some famous dogs had their sperm taken and frozen cos they were valuable  dogs to the breed and so their sperm could be used when they died also its frozen and shipped all over the world but  what if the bitch  lives in the next county and is just coming for a visit?dont they even allow the dog to do a natural mating then?  :blink: poor beggar :b
These dog's have golden ball's kris,and there is no way,the stud keeper's would take a chance with a bitch that might do him serious damage,and put him off mating bitches.This dog made his owner a millionare.So he was worth a couple of bob.Cant believe you did'nt know that AI was being used with dog's.My Alannah know's that,and she's only 7,and know's absolutely nothing about dog's.She's even seen it done,only through the vagina,when our Silver dog was taken with a Saluki,who would'nt stand.Nothin frozen about his semen mind.As fresh as daisy it was.The vet was able to look at it through a microscope,and even tell the % of live sperm.(Sperm count).Martin Tucker on here run's a stud farm ,and does the AI.

RIP old man

He is our Alfa Amour's (sky) sire

Sired some good ones also some dodgey ones , but with so many pups on the ground its natural.

8396 pups to date

I am just staggered at this :eek: - talk about big business :( and sadly, an awful lot of cast offs along the way :(

I know this sounds very cynical , :- " but how do you know 100% that the sperm you are getting is for said dog. :oops:

I mean Top honcho was black and its so easy to `ring ` these dogs , Many years ago I helped with a guy who had a black litter , all peas in a pod , some were registed and tatooeD and others not ;) . Unfortualetly none of them turned out to be that great anyhow :b

It was mentioned years ago about there being more than 1 Top Honcho at stud :eek: What with the amount of stud work he was getting

Stands well back for fireworks :nuke:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back