The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tragedy For Hunting Whippet

debsandben

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
MY FIVE YEAR OLD BITCH HAS BEEN COURSING FOR ALL HER FIVE YEARS CATCHING MANY HARES AND RABBITS. THE OTHER MORNING SHE TOOK AFTER A HARE OR DEER WITH MY ROTTWEILER AND ONLY A MILE FROM HOME. ROTTWEILER RETURNED QUITE QUICKLY, WHIPPET STILL MISSING. IT WAS EARLY MORNING AND THERE ARE VERY FEW ROADS OR TRAFFIC, I THINK SHE MAY HAVE GONE FOR EVER. IVE SEARCHED THOSE FIELDS BUT DIDNT KNOW THE DITCHES WERE SO TRECHEROUSLY DEEP WITH TREES WELL INSIDE. IM STILL CHECKING THEM OUT BUT I KNOW SHES GOING TO BE IN THE BOTTOM OF ONE.

I ALWAYS KNEW IT COULD HAPPEN, WHEN I SELL A PUPPY I ALWAYS SAID GET IT INSURED AS THEY THINK THEY CAN FLY. BUT, WELL, HERE WE ARE.

HER NAME IS TWINKLE AND SHE HAS A VERY EMPTY CHAIR IN MY BEDROOM WAITING FOR HER RETURN.

debsandben said:
MY FIVE YEAR OLD BITCH HAS BEEN COURSING FOR ALL HER FIVE YEARS CATCHING MANY HARES AND RABBITS. THE OTHER MORNING SHE TOOK AFTER A HARE OR DEER WITH MY ROTTWEILER AND ONLY A MILE FROM HOME. ROTTWEILER RETURNED QUITE QUICKLY, WHIPPET STILL MISSING. IT WAS EARLY MORNING AND THERE ARE VERY FEW ROADS OR TRAFFIC, I THINK SHE MAY HAVE GONE FOR EVER. IVE SEARCHED THOSE FIELDS BUT DIDNT KNOW THE DITCHES WERE SO TRECHEROUSLY DEEP WITH TREES WELL INSIDE. IM STILL CHECKING THEM OUT BUT I KNOW SHES GOING TO BE IN THE BOTTOM OF ONE.I ALWAYS KNEW IT COULD HAPPEN, WHEN I SELL A PUPPY I ALWAYS SAID GET IT INSURED AS THEY THINK THEY CAN FLY. BUT, WELL, HERE WE ARE.

HER NAME IS TWINKLE AND SHE HAS A VERY EMPTY CHAIR IN MY BEDROOM WAITING FOR HER RETURN.

debbie i am praying she gets back to you,please ring us if you need help you know the offer is always there.

Last edited by a moderator:
How awful for you. Put loads of posters around, someone may find her.

I really feel for you, not knowing is so terrible :huggles:

what area are you in and maybe a few could get together tohelp you look for her? good luck and my very best wishes , here hoping for a safe return :luck: :huggles:

hope you find her safe and well soon :luck:

Gelert and Guto hope their niece/auntie is back in her favourite chair soon :luck: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump.

Where abouts in the country do they live?

Very sad to read this..... I do hope you find her soon. :luck: :luck:

Hope you find her very soon :luck: :luck:

Have you put her details and picture on doglost.co.uk

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this. I really hope you find her soon :(

:( hope you find her soon safe and well :luck: :luck:

Hope you find your girl soon, and hope she is OK.

Any news yet?

best wishes

Gill

Whereabouts are you? I'll come along to help look if you are local to me.

Good Luck :luck:

Julie

I'm so sorry- :luck: :luck: hope you find her, one way or the other.

Our thoughts are with you all Deborah.

DeeDee hopes her Mum comes home soon. Please don't give up, it's early days yet. :(

So sorry to read this about poor Twinkle, I do hope she turns up safe and well. I know what it is like to have one disappear when hunting. We have fingers crossed for you.

Is there any further news of Twinkle ... :unsure:

i spoke to debs last wednesday and there was no news on twinkle,and not heard anything else from her so she still as not been found :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back