The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Transfer Of Dogs

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have received an e-mail form Linda Broome asking if it is true that the dogs belonging to Y.Ragnoli & T Weatherston have been transfered.

At the Tyrone the committee discussed this, 2 committee members felt that because the ban on the two said people was not connected with a drug issue it would be unreasonable to ban the dogs too.

2 other committee members did not agree and so did not want to allow these dogs to be transfered.

The chairman had the casting vote and he decided that there wasn't any reason to

stop the dogs from being transfered.

As of to date the above two people have not applied for membership , but after March 1st 2005 they are entitled to apply

Hope these facts stop any rumours that may start to circulate.

Doreen (bwra sec )

the rumours had already circulated Doreen thats why I asked for confirmation

Has the ownership of the dogs changed? or just on BWRA paperwork?

With all due respect Doreen this has not answered the question Linda Broome asked - so have they been transferred .

I have checked with Lynne Rowley the registrar and yes they have now been transfered, the new owners have completed the paper work, and the new owners will be the ones who will be allowed to race the dogs.

Doreen (bwra sec )

QUOTE (At the Tyrone the committee discussed this, 2 committee members felt that because the ban on the two said people was not connected with a drug issue it would be unreasonable to ban the dogs too.) UNQUOTE

So according to this statement, anything other than a drug ban issue, banned people can have their dogs raced for them by another member as long as he or she registers them in his or her name.

In my opinion a ban is a ban to stop people from racing their dogs whatever the nature or cause of the ban.

This ruling allows every member if they wish to flaunt a ban other than a drug issue ban, and in my opinion that is not acceptable, because of the implications to future cases.

If this is not so and other cases are to be dealt with differently then a just claim of favouritism could be sought.

It is my opinion that the committee is making a rod for its back.

Doreen Hopkins said:
I have checked with Lynne Rowley the registrar and yes they have now been transfered, the new owners have completed the paper work, and the new owners will be the ones who will be allowed to race the dogs.
                          Doreen  (bwra sec )

Are the 2 people who have registered these dogs of Yvonne and Tony really the owners of these dogs? By which I mean have they paid for them and taken them off Yvonne and Tony to live in new homes and ceased to be connected with their previous owners or is it simply an ownership of convienience with the dogs still being "trained" as before by Yvonne and Tony and staying at their adress, being taken to race meets by Yvonne and Tony?

If it is an ownership of convienience I would suggest the new "owners" are showing contempt for the ban on Yvonne and Tony, the BWRA committee and the BWRA members and are bringing the sport into disrepute. Either that or the members of the BWRA committee who have sanctioned this are showing contempt for the members who have consistantly supported a ban of Yvonne and Tony.

Would the committee care to let us know the 2 committeee members who agreed to allow the transfer of ownership and would they name the new "owners".

Tony

AT THE AGM THERESA SKINNER WAS VOTED ON TO THE COMMITTEE AND IT WAS AGREED SHE WOULD BE PAID EXPENCES AND HAV A VOTE WHY WAS SHE NOT INVITED INTO THE MEETING AT THE TYRONE

I,LL TRY NOT TO BE TOO BLUNT WITH THIS STATEMENT BUT ; I CANNOT BELIEVE THE ACTIONS OF THIS COMMITTEE WHY IS ALL THIS HAPPENING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IF THERE WAS ANYTHING RIGHT ABOUT IT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DEALT WITH OUT IN THE OPEN. DO YOU NOT THINK AT THE VERY LEAST REGIONAL REPS SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED. ALSO IF THERESA WOULD HAVE VOTED IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A TIED VOTE

LINDA BROOM

Last edited by a moderator:
I also understood that Theresa Skinner would get a vote, Im sure I heard the Sec. say this would help stop voting going to a tied vote. Also that whippet news would once again as in past years be able to attend the meetings for the top table.

With a vote of this kind I think the regional reps should also have been there to cast a vote on the memberships behalf.

Doreen here, the answer to some of your qestions

Firstly, I would't think any money changed hands when the dogs were transfered

as I presume it was Tony's mother who has had the dogs transfered to her, but Lynne Rowley could confirm this,

I have no problem naming the two committee members who voted to transfer the dogs one of them being me the other one being Steve Williams,

Lynne Rowley and Muriel Mussett did not want to allow the transfer.

Bill Hopkins had the casting vote.

I can only speak for myself and the chairman in saying that every member gets treated exactly the same irrespective of our personal feelings to any member,

No one should be in a position on any committee where they can let personal feelings towards a member influence how they think they should be treated.

From some of the remarks it would seem that some members anicipate that there will be more problems, if we all just got on with racing our dogs I can't see why any problems should arise, but if they do and we still have the same committee

then the matter will be dealt with fairly and on it's merrit.

There is a saying that you can't please all the people all of the time, but obviously when you are a committee member you are expected to do just that.

I can only end by saying that I am not prepared to treat anyone unjustly just to be popular so if this isn't acceptable then the membership has every right to have a vote of no confidence in me as Secretary

Now the question about Teresa, she was seconded onto the committee to be the Trophy Secretary and reporter for BWRA national events, and it was agreed that she should be paid her expenses, I assume Muriel did pay her for attending the Tyrone. It was not intended that she would have a position on the committee to vote on any issues, I don't know who you are Butch so if you were at the AGM

it certainly was not me who implied that.

I would like to think that this will put an end to this debate as it takes away any pleasure people might get from racing their dogs

Doreen (bwra sec )

Hi Doreen Kens name is on his post at the bottom. I thought I heard you say the same .... something about it would give 5 to vote instead of four, and that W/News would have a place again at future meetings.

[

quote=Tony Taylor,Feb 21 2005, 08:21 PM]

Doreen Hopkins said:
                          Doreen  (bwra sec )

Are the 2 people who have registered these dogs of Yvonne and Tony really the owners of these dogs? By which I mean have they paid for them and taken them off Yvonne and Tony to live in new homes and ceased to be connected with their previous owners or is it simply an ownership of convienience with the dogs still being "trained" as before by Yvonne and Tony and staying at their adress, being taken to race meets by Yvonne and Tony?

If it is an ownership of convienience I would suggest the new "owners" are showing contempt for the ban on Yvonne and Tony, the BWRA committee and the BWRA members and are bringing the sport into disrepute. Either that or the members of the BWRA committee who have sanctioned this are showing contempt for the members who have consistantly supported a ban of Yvonne and Tony.

Would the committee care to let us know the 2 committeee members who agreed to allow the transfer of ownership and would they name the new "owners".

Tony

i have to agree what difference does it make what ban anyone is under i know it is no fault of the dogs but they should never have allowed to transfer them especially to family connections IF AT ALL :angry:

DOREEN,

WHEN I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL ON SUNDAY EVENING I WAS ENQUIRING ON BEHALF OF NORTH WEST BWRA MEMBERS. AS I AM SECRETARY FOR THE NORTH WEST REGION I CONSIDER MY DUTY TO FIND THE ANSWERS TO ANY QUESTIONS THAT ARE RAISED BY THE MEMBERS IF POSSIBLE.

YOU DO REALISE IT WAS AN E-MAIL I SENT TO YOU AS NATIONAL SECRETARY, I DID NOT POST ON K9, I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THE CORRECT PROCEDURE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR YOU TO TO REPLY TO ME, FOR SOME REASON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM IN SENDING ME REPLIES BE IT BY E-MAIL OR ROYAL MAIL. I HAVE BEEN WAITING NEARLY 9 WEEKS FOR A REPLY TO A LETTER I SENT TO YOU REGARDING THE ACCUSATIONS YOU HAVE MADE AGAINST GEORGINA FOX AND MYSELF AND THE THREATS TO REFUSE US BOTH MEMBERSHIPS, ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE SINCE ACCEPTED OUR MEMBERSHIPS WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY, IF YOU FOR SOME REASON FIND DIFFICULT TO WRITE PERHAPS YOU COULD ARRANGE FOR A MEETING.

REGARDING THERESA BEING ELECTED ONTO THE COMMITTEE THE EDITOR OF WHIPPET NEWS ASKED IF THE NEW MEMBER WOULD ALSO GET A VOTE YOUR REPLY DOREEN WAS " YES SHE WOULD HAVE A VOTE THIS WOULD ALSO SAVE HAVING TIED VOTES " SHE THEN WENT ON TO REMIND YOU THAT WHIPPET NEWS ALSO HAS A VOTE ON THE NATIONAL BWRA COMMITTEE.

PERHAPS IF YOU HAD BEEN DOING YOUR OWN JOB AS SCRETARY INSTEAD OF THE CHAIRMANS JOB YOU WOULD HAVE HAD SOME MINUTES TO REFER BACK TO AS TO DATE THE FULL MINUTES OF THE AGM HAVE NOT YET BEEN PUBLISHED

LINDA BROOM (SEC N/W REGION)

Yes Linda its in my bit of scribbled notes about Tris having a vote and whippet news having a vote again.

How do you transfer a dog now. Year's ago all dog's had their own card :) now all the dog's are on the same card :cheers:

ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT GET A BAN FOR DRINK DRIVING COS IF SOME OF THESE PEOPLE HAD THERE WAY YOU WOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO SELL OR GET RID OF YOU CAR

AND IF YOUR A PASSENGER IN YOUR OLD CAR THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO GO STRAIT TO JAIL DO NOT PASS GO DONT COLLECT 200

HAPPY NEW YEAR

LOL[GARY :rant: :huggles: :D

its not the ban that concerns me gary its the way the committee have gone about it. They wanted to ban georgie and myself for speaking out at the AGM had they enforced this would my sister have been allowed to run my dog I don,t think so

personaly i cant see the problem with that

surely the dog cant be blamed whatever the circumstances

but try not to let this spoil your racing

i have had loads of disputes over scratch dogs but will not let it get to me

mind you i have come close at times

one thing i will say is that this internet is to blame for a lot of bad feelings

gossip and spitefull rumours.

and before anybody replys that is not aimed at anybody

GARY :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back