The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tv Is Getting Worse

Lynn-Alexandria

Grand Master Undead Fighter
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just sitting watching Wild At Heart. The ITV programme that tells the story of a family who go to Africa to start a game reserve. This programme was good until it showed the little girl being bitten by a cobra. A few minutes later their son went outside, let the cobra out of the bin they had been keeping it in so they could identify it and get the correct anti-venom and help the little girl. The little brat proceeded to get a rake and kill the snake. Although this is only a programme what kind of message is this sending about snakes.

This is exactly what happens when humans go onto the territory of wild animals. A human gets hurt and the animal is killed. It is sick. Showing that it is ok for a child to kill a snake becuase it has bitten another human. Yes I am rambling on but this is absolutely disgusting! :rant: :rant: :rant:

I was looking forward to this series, but after watching the first one - NEVER AGAIN (w00t) - it was appalling :angry: - atrocious plot, badly acted, totally unreal, unsafe - actually, just rubbish. :rant:

The very first scene showed a vet nurse walking into the vet's consulting room where he was examining a loose cat, and she dumped a monkey in a cat cage right next to it! :angry: Blimey, if I'd ever walked in on a consultation like that, I'd have got the sack! And the vet just pushed the cat aside and got on with examining the monkey! It would never happen in real life, and the programme just went downhill from there! :rant:

So I didn't watch it this week! :thumbsup: :)

I think a lot of people would probably do the same Lynne out of fear and anger, not good I know but :eek: I agree they don't really need to show it on TV though, i don't watch it myself, I'm quite glad now :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did enjoy the scenery and the giraffes tonight were spectacular -magic - worth watching just for the wildlife in my opinion. :thumbsup:

better than some programs on TV at he moment......

Zephyr said:
I was looking forward to this series, but after watching the first one - NEVER AGAIN (w00t)   - it was appalling :angry:   - atrocious plot, badly acted, totally unreal, unsafe - actually, just rubbish. :rant:
The very first scene showed a vet nurse walking into the vet's consulting room where he was examining a loose cat, and she dumped a monkey in a cat cage right next to it! :angry:   Blimey, if I'd ever walked in on a consultation like that, I'd have got the sack!  And the vet just pushed the cat aside and got on with examining the monkey!  It would never happen in real life, and the programme just went downhill from there! :rant:

So I didn't watch it this week! :thumbsup:   :)

I watched the first one & thought it was complete C**p :angry:

The concept that snakes are more scared of us than we are of them is true. The only snake that is seen as overly aggresive is the Black Mamba. There was absolutely no need to show that snake being killed. If TV makers cannot make shows real and stop showing animals being killed for no reason whatsoever then they should stay well clear of the subject.

They should have sent for Steve Irwin!!! He's my hero!!! LOL!

I didn't bother with the second episode either. It was absolute tosh! I had hoped for some good Sunday evening entertainment.

Cerito

Steve Irwin is one of the best reptile guys out there. His attitude towards the animals he helps is amazing. What color is your rat snake Kaz?

So hes not an albino...rat snakes are the ideal snake to have as a pet. Some make the mistake and get a burmese python and dont realise that they get very large. I love reticulated pythons..they are gorgeous snakes.

Lynn-Alexandria said:
Steve Irwin is one of the best reptile guys out there.  His attitude towards the animals he helps is amazing.

No Lynn-Alexandria ............... he is THE best!!! And not only reptiles, he is just so knowledgable and, as Lolcoe has said, so passionate about everything he does. I really admire him

Lynn-Alexandria said:
So hes not an albino...rat snakes are the ideal snake to have as a pet.  Some make the mistake and get a burmese python and dont realise that they get very large.  I love reticulated pythons..they are gorgeous snakes.
i had a sunglow corn snake before...she was really beautiful! :wub:

Corn snakes are also an awsome snake to have as a pet. Have you ever owned a californian king snake? They are stunning snakes.

You should Kaz..they are gorgeous snakes...and they have great natures..well the ones I have worked with have.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back