The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Two Visits In One Day

whippetwise

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ive had two unwelcome visits from the travellers today. Its a lovely sunny day today and I was out in the garden with the dogs when a car drove past, stopped and reversed back towards my gate. I didnt realise at first and thought it was someone asking for directions so up to the gate I went, the dogs following behind me only to be asked would I sell my dogs to them, I told them no politely and off they drove. An hour later I hear footsteps on the gravel and its only another one that had climbed over the gate, he gave me his card and said he was an odd job man and was that a whippet and did I want to sell her :rant: :rant:

you'll have to keep a closer watch on them than ever now, the bast**ds don't give up easily do they

It makes me so mad :rant: I hope they dont come back :( I wont let either of them out of my sight :sweating:

flippen eck :rant:

i wouldnt let them out in the garden by themselves if i was you :blink:

I would be careful.............................I don't trust them,they can be very clever,so watch it,don't let them out of your sight hun :thumbsup:

Dont worry I wont, I never have them out in the garden on their own purely for that reason. You cant even go for a walk without getting pestered by them but im worried now cos they know where I live :rant:

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the cheek of them! I've given mine access to the garden today while I was at work - I won't be doing that again!

we had round our way a few months back, a friend of mine with a lurcher caught them in their van watching her a few times.........needless to say i changed where we walked for quite a while :angry:

where i walk we had travellers about 30 caravans they moved on today and you should see the mess they have left behind,i will take the camera tomorrow,its a problem we have often ,especially now the summer is coming, and it spoils such a lovely area to walk

:angry: Be on your guard, the next thing you know is your dogs will be gone. :( Diane

:eek: oh dont say that :unsure: Lucy likes to sleep on the window ledge in the sun in full view too. Im crapping it now :(

If I were you I would have phoned the Police, just to let them know what was going on, you never know, some body elses dogs may go missing.

A few years ago while out walking Jesse I was approached by some travellers,

who offered to buy Jesse :angry: horrible feeling isn't it ?

And recently as I was walking up our driveway with Jesse after a dog walk some

'travellers' were just about to put a leaflet through our door. He asked me about

Jesse and as he knew where I lived I made a point of letting him know that Jesse

only has 3 legs (he hadn't noticed (w00t) ) I thought Jesse wouldn't be any good to

him once he realized.

ONLY good for me :wub: and my family :huggles: :huggles:

Sonia and Jesse xx

It did cross my mind to tell them the dogs were lame but then they had just seen them bombing around the garden after the tennis ball :oops:

Not sure about calling the police, what could I say, they did nothing illegal :(

:sweating: :rant: Thats terrible..and so so worrying. I wouldnt want to let the dogs out of my sight either...

You could always ring the police and warn them, just in case there are any other incidents in the area. :thumbsup:

My wife had a scare a few weeks back, she had to go to the post office, the lady there knows Jenny & asked if the dog outside belonged to her, she told her that there were some rough types outside looking at the dog, the lady went outside while Jenny completed her business there.

When Jenny came outside there were 5 youths with 2 rough looking Lurchers about 25 yds away looking back at Cloe . :angry:

We get it all the time "will you sell her mister" & the usual nonsense whilst all the time asking probing questions!

I also have one absolute horror story concerning Police,travellers & a stolen Whippet but I dont want to upset anyone.

Ok I just called the police to let them know, they were very helpfull and asked me for a description of them. They asked me where I lived and told me to get the reg number if the car comes round again. They also told me to be carefull as there was an attempted break in on my road last night :eek: So now im really worried. I live here on my own, I will be double locking the doors tonight :unsure:

Youve done the right thing, :thumbsup: if there are any break ins ...the police have no excuses.

Make the dogs sleep with you tonight..

Perhaps, if they dont already, get the dogs to sleep with you tonight just to be safe

xxx

Yep they always sleep with me, gonna leave the living room light on tonight too. Thanks for suggesting I call the police, im glad I did now :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back