The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Update On Rags

jools

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Rags has now moved on to a new foster home, I was really upset, but Brodie, my Lab X had just had enough. Brodie doesn't like other males at the best of times, but Rags just wouldn' leave him alone, he wanted to make friends!! It was decided that before things got really out of control, that Rags would go to another of our foster homes - he has settled in really well. He is completely clean and has made great friends with the other foster homes whippet X staffy and their whippet!! He is still going to need a very special home, although he is now in brilliant condition, he is very shy with people. He will stay with us until that home comes along.

Sadly Mia, one of the other lurchers who had been homed directly from the kennels has been returned. They couldn't cope with her stealing food!!! (Obviously not sighthound people!!) She was still very underweight, which wouldn''t have helped with her thieving!! I collected her from the kennels last Friday, and yes, she is the worst thief I have ever come across - it took her a minute to jump on the work surface, walk across the cooker and steal some 1/2 defrosted mince from ontop!!! I now leave nothing about!!! Other than that, she is one of the most wonderful dogs I have come across, she is spotless in the house and really nice to take out - she goes and sniffs around and stretches her legs, but the second you say her name, she is back by your side. She really doesn't intend to loose you!!! She is about 6 years old, and a little taller than a whippet bitch (about 22") She is blue, smooth coated - in fact very little different to a whippet. Hopefully her picture will be at the end of this thread (Fingers and everything else crossed)

mia2.jpg

Awww good luck to Mia :huggles: :luck: most whips are theives I know but maybe she's had to pinch food to survive you never know do you :( poor girl :huggles:

i'm sure you will have Mia on the right path soon Julie, also good to hear that Rags is doing well :thumbsup: shame i never got to see him in the flesh though :unsure:

Mia is another of the 7 starved lurchers - she really does know what it's like to have gone without food. They were all like skeletons with skin strectched over them!! Rags, who is only 21" and whippety build gained a stone and a half from us taking him in until the present!!! The vets think he is just nice now.

How can this happen :( there are some really sick people in this world :rant: :rant:

Sorry about Rags :( but hope she finds a lovely new home soon.

You must have a heart of gold. :thumbsup:

Good Luck. :luck:

It's not a heart of gold - It's the big big empty space between my ears, some people have a brain there!!!

Good luck to Rags and I do hope that Mia finds a goood home soon too- she looks gorgeous :luck:

awww poor girl.wouldnt you think the new owners knowing what a hard time shes had and how she knows what its like to be hungry would make some allowances for her.hope she gets a more understanding home soon. :huggles:

i'm sure rags will find riches soon. :oops: couldnt resist that :b its far better that mia was handed in, now rather than later. its when owners cant cope and DONT get help, that real problems happen, but i must say they shouldve taken her history into account before taking her! how can you find fault with a dog that has good survival instincts and wants to live? so many animals just give up :( , and i see her pinching food as a good indication of strength of character :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back