The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Usa Dogs In British Racing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As for the WCRA it doesn't matter much to me. I might just ship one over to the UK and see if it can hold it's own at lure coursing and perhaps some pedigree racing outside of the WCRA and who knows, even some showing. I think there are some clubs where it could have a go.

Well it wouldn't do any harm would it :D .......There are definatly a few club's she could race at :thumbsup: and she could run at all the proper lure coursing clubs :D

That's a shame about the CWA :rolleyes: ........Who's going to guide the WCRA now ? :'(

That's a shame about the CWA :rolleyes: ........Who's going to guide the WCRA now ? :'(

Kind of like the tail wagging the dog! Unfortunately the tail has been docked. :D

Ooooooh that'd be great be one of the best looking racing ped's i've ever seen.

Vicky said:
The pups dad is one of my favorite looking dogs too. Of course I'm biased being the breeder an' all.

He is one tough MF!! He's getting a bit old to run with the youngsters out coursing, but can still hold his own. Lives outside in all weathers. Never very keen on the lure, but show him a Jackrabbit (hare) or fox or coon or sunk or bobcat !!! Guess you get the idea.

He has a bit of lip missing. He stuck his head through the wire fence and the neighbors Bouvier got him by the lip. Next day he baited the Bouvier to put his head through the wire. Tore the s--- out of the Bouvier. The Bouvier never came within 100 yds of that fence again. He's quite a dog! I'm a bit fond of him.

View attachment CROC2.JPG

tlewis said:
Vicky said:
The pups dad is one of my favorite looking dogs too. Of course I'm biased being the breeder an' all.

He is one tough MF!! He's getting a bit old to run with the youngsters out coursing, but can still hold his own. Lives outside in all weathers. Never very keen on the lure, but show him a Jackrabbit (hare) or fox or coon or sunk or bobcat !!! Guess you get the idea.

He has a bit of lip missing. He stuck his head through the wire fence and the neighbors Bouvier got him by the lip. Next day he baited the Bouvier to put his head through the wire. Tore the s--- out of the Bouvier. The Bouvier never came within 100 yds of that fence again. He's quite a dog! I'm a bit fond of him.

Got some balls about him then :lol:

Awww little Croc ........My friend breeds Bouviers where I work ......Great dogs ....

i wasent expecting this sort of responce ! :blink: may have opened a can of wormes :oops:

got another one for you , sort of on the bloodline topic

i here a lot in dog advertisements , publications and from people in general , that one of the best bloodlines in racing and coursing is the laguna whippets , but in the

Research i have done , all i can find is that laguna was a breeder who bred for the show ring ..is this the same laguna ?

and if so would that make all laguna whippets of show stock and not racing or coursing ?

Hi John.

The old Lagunas bred by Mrs McKay were multi purpose and were bred for racing/showing/coursing, Mrs McKay died Several years ago and he Daughter Mrs Bond Gunning continues the Laguna Line but they are mainly bred for showing and coursing but with the demise of Hare Coursing maybe they will be aimed at racing again.

I know several normaly take part in the Hill Climb that Sue Ward organises.

Mark Roberts said:
Hi John.
The old Lagunas bred by Mrs McKay were multi purpose and were bred for racing/showing/coursing, Mrs McKay died Several years ago and he Daughter Mrs Bond Gunning  continues the Laguna Line but they are mainly bred for showing and coursing but with the demise of Hare Coursing maybe they will be aimed at racing again.

ok thanks for that mark , you mean the venture hill : hill climb ?

have you done that event cos i was thinking of going at some point

im i right in saying they have just had there last event for this year ?

Thats the 1 John Venture Hill Sprint (it's been renamed now to Venture Lure chasing or something like that)

yep we ran at it a while back and will probaly go the 1 thats on Sunday (2nd October) I think theres at least 1 more planned for later this year as well,

if you look in the Calender at the bottom of the main page the details are on there.

see you in a few weeks.

I think that the idea that today's Laguna's are bred for the show ring would make the show folks laugh.

They are a totally different type to the dogs that win in the ring today.

They are deffo bred for sporting pursuits.

Mark Roberts said:
Hi John.
The old Lagunas bred by Mrs McKay were multi purpose and were bred for racing/showing/coursing, Mrs McKay died Several years ago and he Daughter Mrs Bond Gunning  continues the Laguna Line but they are mainly bred for showing and coursing but with the demise of Hare Coursing maybe they will be aimed at racing again.

I showed once to Mrs. McKay at the Three Counties show. Got a second with Malbon Redcent and a first with a bitch I had bought, Solera Silver Rose. Huge classes of over forty dogs in a class.

That was on the Saturday and I raced them both on the Sunday morning. Went rabbiting with them both on the Sunday evening! They could do it all.

Mrs. MaKay also used to write a show results column in The Whippet News.

She got po'd about something and quit doing it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back