The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wainwrights Dog Food

gutsey

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
has anyone any info on wainwrights dry food,mother has a dog that is allergic to most commercial feeds,we were recently told of this brand,but cant seem to find anything about it,have/do you use it,any opinions.? :cheers:

gutsey said:
has anyone any info on wainwrights dry food,mother has a dog that is allergic to most commercial feeds,we were recently told of this brand,but cant seem to find anything about it,have/do you use it,any opinions.? :cheers:
Hi,I have fed my two large lurchers 32" and 30" for the last nine months on this food.They do very well on it ,it has no colourings,additives,gluten in it and as my dogs are sensitive feeders it goes down very well with them.They particularly like the duck and rice and the salmon and potato but there are other varieties available which I buy from pets at home at a cost of 23.99 for 15kg.

Info is availablefrom pets at home on protein levels but it is about 25 5 I think which is low enough to keep my boys from going "protein loopy" I don't recall the exact protein level as they vary from flavour to flavour and once home I just empty it into feed bins and discard the bags.Hope this helps,feel free to email if I can help further or pm if preferred.

regards.morganna

Hiya,

I've always used Wainwright's Turkey and Rice. They've Never had squits or allergies.

Protien is 23%

Hypo-allergenic and low allergen

No added colourants, flavourings or presevitives.

Buy it at Pets at Home. :thumbsup:

Tracey X

Many thanks morganna beaubeau,looked on P.A.H. website,going to pick her a bag up later.hopefully things should clear up. :cheers:

gutsey said:

Wainwrights can be purchased at pets at home stores or onlione using a search engine, they have 23% protein and a 63% meat content as opposed to leading brands at 4%, imagine giving your kids mcdonalds all day long, thats the equivelent to leading well advertised brands, it makes me so mad that they charge an absolute fortune to feed your dog rubbish, :rant: .

Good luck, wainwrights is hypoallergenic.

Wainwrights is great, its as good as James well beloved just a bit cheaper, Its a PETS at Home own make.

The Salmon and potato goes down very well with our foster greyhounds and they never get a bad tummy :)

I think this can be intresting,knowing about about brands of dog food,how good it is etc,sometimes it might suit some dogs but not others.

i changed mine over on to this a few months ago and have been very pleased with it :D

I haven't found much info about it either. I have used it when I have been unable to get James Wellbeloved. Despite not always being able to give them a gradual changeover there have never been any problems, nor have I had any issues with quality. :cheers:

I have used Skinners Chicken and Rice Gundog maintenance which is vat free with good results, they also a duck and rice, they will send you a good sized sample to try if you contact them.

Their food are all addative free and don't contain colours etc. they cost aound £15 to £16 per 15kgs

pinkz12345 said:
gutsey said:

Wainwrights can be purchased at pets at home stores or onlione using a search engine, they have 23% protein and a 63% meat content as opposed to leading brands at 4%, imagine giving your kids mcdonalds all day long, thats the equivelent to leading well advertised brands, it makes me so mad that they charge an absolute fortune to feed your dog rubbish, :rant: .

Good luck, wainwrights is hypoallergenic.

its 23% meat meal and 40%!! rice

taken from the pah web site

Rice, Turkey Meat Meal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Linseed, Sugar Beet Pulp, Refined Poultry Oil, Low Allergen Poultry Digest As Gravy, Alfalfa, Natural Seaweed, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Methionine, Marigold Extract, Yucca Extract, Rosemary Extract. Contains Tocopherol Rich Extracts Of Natural Origin Vitamin E and Vitamin C As EC Permitted Antioxidant, No Added Colourants, Flavourings Or Preservatives.

Made from high quality ingredients, including a minimum of 26% Turkey and 40% brown rice;

Turkey Meat meal is the meat, organs and bones of the animal that are left once the meat for the human food industry has been removed e.g. turkey breasts. The meat, organs and bones are then dried and ground and reach the factory in this state.

What about supadog. Has anyone heard of this. Is it any good. I am thinking of switching mine from Butchers, and heard on the grapevine that supadog was supposed to be a good alternative, less additives etc.

sarah jane said:
What about supadog. Has anyone heard of this. Is it any good. I am thinking of switching mine from Butchers, and heard on the grapevine that supadog was supposed to be a good alternative, less additives etc.
I used to give my lot Greyhound Supadog,but they were not all that keen on it,it was only about £7.00 per bag,its proberly a bit more now.At that price i would'nt of thought it was the best of foods,perhaps someone can help you a bit more who feeds their dogs on it :thumbsup: All food suits some dogs,but not others.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back