The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Walking Whippets.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lal said:
I may have an abnormal whippet but we can be spotted, rain, hail snow or blow walking the Northumberland coast twice a day without fail (Druridge mostly). 
Well THAT has cleared up any worries I might have had!!! (w00t) As a lifelong birdwatcher I know Druridge Bay VERY well and there's no colder or bleaker place in the winter months!!!! If your whippet can stand that then I've nowt to worry about :thumbsup:

I think we WILL be definitely going for a whippie (or two if I had my way!) so fingers crossed it doesn't take me TOO long to find my ideal companion :*

The thought of all that winter mud esecially HAS had me thinking more towards a smooth-coated breed :- " I don't restrict my dogs to just walking on the lead as I love to see them galloping around (under control of course and ALWAYS on a lead when livestock is around) and a bit of mud doesn't bother me because just seeing happy dogs having fun makes it all worthwhile :p

You know what it's like.....once you decide on something you hate waiting :lol: But I suppose I can...what's a few more weeks compared to a lifetime of devotion :wub: We are going to go around a few rescue shelters on Wednesday & Thursday and failing that put out even more feelers :p

Fleesh said:
Outside for a wee wee in the pouring rain, even though they're wearing a fleece lined waterproof coat and you're stood out like a numpty offering to hold a brolly over their heads ... NOOOOO WAY ON YOUR LIFE !!!
Bucketing it down, soak to the skin weather with a lead on and the promise of a walkie and a good off-lead mooch. No coats ? WHO CARES !!! Where do we queue for leading up  :cheers: .

Sums it up really  :lol:

:lol: I know just what you mean ... your post totally sums up Blue's attitude to the elements :lol:

Druridge this morning (6am!!!) was fabulous!!! Rifle had his usual ratch about in the dunes, met his 2 greyhound friends and had a gallop about with them. Makes up for all the days I am wrapped up in thermals and waterproofs watching him having a ball while I am freezing to death!!!

Druridge is a lovely place, I've been watching an owl recently, there is obviously a pair, as there was last year, but she is clearly nesting. I'm no birdwatcher (don't tell anybody but I have phobia about feathers and anything that flutters!!) but I love to watch at a distance, and these owls are so tame, I stand on the top of the dunes watching them hunting, saw him chase away a couple of ducks so I have a vague idea where they are nesting.

I just love the outdoors and my whippet is the perfect companion to share it with. Have to say though, as you are clearly a nature lover, mine does hunt rabbits - they are in abundance at places like Druridge, just wondered how you feel about that side of owning a whippet?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back