The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Warning And Plea

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( oh hun, how terrible. sending you lots of :huggles:

im so sorry for your loss, our thougths and best wishes are with you and your family at this sad time :huggles:

thankyou for ur courage in coming forward to warn other dog owners about this threat. :huggles:

:( hi really sorry for your tragic loss, my heart goes out to you :huggles: , thank you for warning us,

:luck: in finding a new whippie to love.xx

So sorry to hear about Henry.

Something similar happened to our boy Jack Christmas 2005.He was 18 months old at the time.I understand how you must be feeling right now :(

The peeps on k9 really helped us ,such a great haven of info.

I since got two more whippies and they really helped our heart ache and we adore them :huggles: .Time really is best healer.You,your family and Your Henry are in my prayers..

Run free forever Henry :huggles:

So So sorry for your loss

And so shocked that raisons can do this to an animal

Thanks so much for the warning :thumbsup:

nothing can replace your beloved boy but this thread may save other lives :huggles:

Lillibet

Karenhb said:
Hello all...I`m new to this so please forgive me if I make any "faux pas".Until Sunday we were the very proud owners of 2 darling whippets....James and Henry (as well as a mini poodle) On Sunday morning our world as we knew it ended and Henry who was only 3 in October passed away - the cause ...he had unbeknownst to us, eaten some raisins and had this had caused complete system failure and poisoning. We had rushed him to the vets on Saturday and the vet said it is becoming more common and showed us a report written only this year - 2007.....it is like peanut allergy in humans in that some dogs would be fine but others go into shock and die - so pleeeease all be aware of this as we are utterly devastated and desolate and I want to prevent if I can this happening to any other special little whippets. (None of the nurses who treated our boy had heard of it either.) We have lost one of the things most precious to us and are feeling floored but so is James - his brother....Nothing could ever replace our splendid Henry Blue but if anyone knows of any whippets who need a good home and sooo much love ( and where ALL raisins have been banished) please let us know ....it has not been easy to do this - many thanks for reading.... Karen :(
Is your vet 100% certain did you see your dog eat raisins if not were did he get them from? Good luck with your new dog. :luck: :thumbsup:

a1dogs said:
Karenhb said:
Hello all...I`m new to this so please forgive me if I make any "faux pas".Until Sunday we were the very proud owners of 2 darling whippets....James and Henry (as well as a mini poodle) On Sunday morning our world as we knew it ended and Henry who was only 3 in October passed away - the cause ...he had unbeknownst to us, eaten some raisins and had this had caused complete system failure and poisoning. We had rushed him to the vets on Saturday and the vet said it is becoming more common and showed us a report written only this year - 2007.....it is like peanut allergy in humans in that some dogs would be fine but others go into shock and die - so pleeeease all be aware of this as we are utterly devastated and desolate and I want to prevent if I can this happening to any other special little whippets. (None of the nurses who treated our boy had heard of it either.) We have lost one of the things most precious to us and are feeling floored but so is James - his brother....Nothing could ever replace our splendid Henry Blue but if anyone knows of any whippets who need a good home and sooo much love ( and where ALL raisins have been banished) please let us know ....it has not been easy to do this - many thanks for reading.... Karen :(
Is your vet 100% certain did you see your dog eat raisins if not were did he get them from? Good luck with your new dog. :luck: :thumbsup:

Hi ...yes we know for sure, as it was us who alerted the vet to it ....we check the dogs` pooh as a matter of course and had wondered what it was in it but then a short while later realised that there were some raisins missing...we had only just bought them to try and encourage "healthy eating"....how`s that for a cruel irony! Thanks for reading, Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back