The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Warning !!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
will keep everything crossed for a speedy recovery keep us updated please :thumbsup:

Thought I would update you all on ozzies progress

He's now had his stitches out and his wounds have healed well , he seems to be in very good health and is back to being himself

Keeping him still and rested has been hard as he's really been wanting to get up and run around all the time with my dogs!

So sadly for him he has to be on cage rest! As its the only way to keep him calm

Due to the hemothorax in his chest which still has not gone down but is about half a cigar size and about an inch wide which is so much better then it was he's got to be kept as quite as we can , I have found if he's had a mad five minutes with our dogs it gets a little bigger

The vets advised my mum to keep him on lead exercise only for 3 months to see if this improves the hemothorax as there is still a small leak of air from his lung and it will take a while to heal fully

We are all so glad that he's recovered so well and gained weight and had the strength to fight it and recover he's going back to my mums next week so she will be glad to have him home permanently although our stafford bitch lola will miss him like mad !

Thank you all again for your well wishes

Stef and Sadie

So good to hear hes finally on the mend, Im sure with TLC and cage rest...he will soon be like brand new.

Good luck.. :luck:

It's so hard keeping them quiet, cage or otherwise, if they're feeling fit enough to be leaping around. Am so glad he's mending and wish him a continued speedy recovery :thumbsup: . As your staffi is going to miss him, perhaps you ought to be adding to the gang! :wacko:

So glad he seems to be on the mend - hope Ozzie makes a full recovery. It is hard, isn't it, keeping them quiet when they aren't by nature inclined to want to do that (w00t)

All the best with him

Gill

:thumbsup: Glad to hear he's feeling better, sounds like he is in very good hands. Good luck and I'm sure he will be running around again soon. :luck:

It's so hard keeping them quiet, cage or otherwise, if they're feeling fit enough to be leaping around. Am so glad he's mending and wish him a continued speedy recovery :thumbsup: . As your staffi is going to miss him, perhaps you ought to be adding to the gang! :wacko:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes , I would happily have a whippet not sure my other half would be impressed though lol we have 4 dogs already !!! When we walk ours with my mums gang there's 9 dogs altogether!!

They make great family pets he's been fantastic with my children so maybe in the future I might sneek a whippet pup in!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes , I would happily have a whippet not sure my other half would be impressed though lol we have 4 dogs already !!! When we walk ours with my mums gang there's 9 dogs altogether!!

They make great family pets he's been fantastic with my children so maybe in the future I might sneek a whippet pup in!
Hmm. hadn't realised you already had four :oops: .

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm. hadn't realised you already had four :oops: .

(w00t) But what is one extra dog lol I would have a house full of dogs xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back