The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Watchout Dog Thieves

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Really sorry this has happened to you but i have to warn you that they may actually come back.

A neighbour had a close call two years ago,he disturbed some one in much the same way as you did.Sadly the following night they came back and both his JRT have never been seen again.These people do come back,they are brazen enough to think you won't expect them to return so soon and therefore they do just that.

A microchip doesn't mean much when your dog is stolen and used for baiting Staffies for fighting,i know from seeing a little whippet which was rescued found tied to a tree,scars all over her skinny body.she survived but only just.

sorry but please please be extra vigilant if your dogs are housed outside.

Thank goodness your dogs are safe, in the last week in our local paper i have read of two jack russels and two beagles been stolen and in each case one of the dogs were dumped and the other not found. These people are scumbags lowest of the low :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Julie

Unfortunately I tend to agree with the psot above. They will be back. My friend held a siege with some travellers determined to get her Jack russell pups. They killed a guard dog and just laughed when threatened with shotguns. They would just park up and hang around the edge of the property just walking onto the land occassionally just to see if they were challenged. The Police did nothing and they did eventually get the pups and my friend has never bred another litter since. She even moved the kennel up to within 2 feet of her back door but to no avail.

Be on your guard :(

Scum like that will be back, if they know they're on to a good thing nothing puts them off :rant:

Having been face to face with many thieving b*****ds I can tell you they are all smug slippery g*ts who'll stop at nothing to get what they want! :rant:

i've reported the incident to the police and guess what i have an incident number. They wern't really bothered but at least i've reported it. It didn't even warrant a visit from them.I bet they have too many speeding motorists to stop and fine.

Anyway thanks for all of your advice my dogs are staying inside from now on.

i just hope they settle tilly's never stayed in the house.

thanks again

mally said:
i've reported the incident to the police and guess what i have an incident number. They wern't really bothered but at least i've reported it. It didn't even warrant a visit from them.I bet they have too many speeding motorists to stop and fine.Anyway thanks for all of your advice my dogs are staying inside from now on.

i just hope they settle tilly's never stayed in the house.

thanks again

well if tilly is anything like her sister...she will be soon under the duvet! :- "

in all the years i kept dogs i never allowed them on the chairs or beds...but these two ...well...im lucky if they move up to let me in! (w00t) ..spoilt? never!!! (w00t) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How very scary. I do hope they don't come back tonight. :luck:

Whippets Rule said:
Really sorry this has happened to you but i have to warn you that they may actually come back.
A neighbour had a close call two years ago,he disturbed some one in much the same way as you did.Sadly the following night they came back and both his JRT have never been seen again.These people do come back,they are brazen enough to think you won't expect them to return so soon and therefore they do just that.

A microchip doesn't mean much when your dog is stolen and used for baiting Staffies for fighting,i know from seeing a little whippet which was rescued found tied to a tree,scars all over her skinny body.she survived but only just.

GOD WHAT YOU SAID HERE REALLY TURNED MY STOMACH.............

Really sorry to hear your news Mally, but glad your girls are safe.

A couple of years ago, a man in Blackburn, Lancs, was approached by traveller types whilst out walking his Saluki X. He told them that she wasn't for sale.

3 days later, while he was at work and his wife was out shopping, the neighbours heard someone breaking into the back of the house (in broad daylight), they tried to stop them but were knocked to the ground and the scum got away with the dog. She has never been seen since.

The Police???? Useless.

I think everyone should post on k9 if there have been incidents in their area. Perhaps it just may help one of us to keep hold of our beloved dogs.

glad the dogs are ok,this is very worrying for you and anybody

just catching up on whats being happening on k9 after a few days away and found this thread

The thieving B#####DS want their legs snapping in half :rant: :rant: :rant:

Just pleased that they're Ok mally

Take care speak to you soon

lakey

OMG you had a narrow escape Mally.

Very glad your dogs weren't taken ... but hope they don't come back and try again.

I think it is a good idea to get an incident number ... I know it's not quite the same thing, but we have a lot of vandalism in our area (car scratching, car door mirror snapping, etc etc) all of which may seem little, but costs a hell of a lot for the owners to put right.

Some of my neighbours moan about it, but then say there's no point in involving the police cos they do nothing. I agree to that, but have also been told by a sympathetic copper who I know through work, that the only way to "rattle the cages" of the police, is to keep reporting every little incident and insist that it is recorded. Only if you keep on, and on, and on, will you get a reaction. I think that's bloody sad, sorry about language, I was brought up not to touch anyone else's property, and so it really annoys me that people seem to be getting away with whatever they like.

Especially so in the case of attempted dog theft!!!

Gill

One thing that has occurred to me is that a lot of people on here are justifiably proud of their dogs achievements and say so on posts on here. But none of us know who is looking at posts on here.

One thing that became quickly obvious to people looking at details of stolen lurchers is how many coursing kennels were being wiped out. Whole kennels of dogs were being stolen in one go from several match coursers. I've known of kennels having all their dogs stolen only to find that after restocking another lot were stolen. Yet other top kennels aren't touched. One theory was that some people can't help but boast openly about their dogs prowess and also they are too open about where they live. Basically too trusting of strangers. Sad world isn't it. :(

Thank goodnes your dogs are safe Mally!

It makes my blood run cold to hear of dogs being taken! :(

They really have no feelings have they.

So sorry to hear what happend, they are pure scum :rant: :rant:

Just so glad you disturbed them & your dogs are okay :thumbsup:

wilfred said:
OMG you had a narrow escape Mally.
Very glad your dogs weren't taken ... but hope they don't come back and try again.

I think it is a good idea to get an incident number ... I know it's not quite the same thing, but we have a lot of vandalism in our area (car scratching, car door mirror snapping, etc etc) all of which may seem little, but costs a hell of a lot for the owners to put right.

Some of my neighbours moan about it, but then say there's no point in involving the police cos they do nothing.  I agree to that, but have also been told by a sympathetic copper who I know through work, that the only way to "rattle the cages" of the police, is to keep reporting every little incident and insist that it is recorded.  Only if you keep on, and on, and on, will you get a reaction.  I think that's bloody sad, sorry about language, I was brought up not to touch anyone else's property, and so it really annoys me that people seem to be getting away with whatever they like.

Especially so in the case of attempted dog theft!!!

Gill

I have to agree with this post....i work for the police, (dont ban me) and i am always attending meetings in the local area. People are always saying to me oh yeah weve had 10 cars broken into and the police did nothing, i ask if they reported it and 9 times out of 10 they havent. At the end of the day the police arent mind readers they only know where the crime is happening if residents tell them. Ok so they cant always do anything about it, but they become aware and it builds up a picture of crime, the little thing you tell them could be the final picece in the jigsaw.....at the end of the day report report report....

BeeJay said:
One thing that has occurred to me is that a lot of people on here are justifiably proud of their dogs achievements and say so on posts on here.  But none of us know who is looking at posts on here.
Remember that all of k9 is archived on Google, so if you typed in a placename and specifc dog search terms, any information about your location and the merits of your running dog posted here is visible to all and sundry. Hope that doesn't sound paranoid? Better safe than sorry. :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

Last edited by a moderator:
snapdogs said:
Whippets Rule said:

GOD WHAT YOU SAID HERE REALLY TURNED MY STOMACH.............

My intention wasn't to offend,rather to highlight the dangers.i've been stopped in the street and questioned about my dogs even been asked if they're microchipped by a couple of undesirable types.

A couple of years ago a woman walking her dog was punched to the ground and the dog snatched from her in broad daylight.

we can never be complacent about our dogs safety because in this day and age anything can happen.

around here right now there are loads of travellers,so far just nicking parts off peoples cars at night. :rant:

hope all is ok!

I have to say i am quite paranoid about this topic and hardly ever walk locally, tending to go off in the car out of area. That way i cant be noticed too many times around my local town. I always give false details at shows to casual passers by, and to be fair am quite cagey when filling in show details and entries especially local fun type affairs, stress that the dogs are neutered and asthmatic/lame with exercise etc etc..... I have been approached twice whilst walking in the last 11 years and now have taken up martial arts and have a large brass topped stick to help my back when out walking.

Words fail me to describe these scumbags but i would especially like to meet them in totally unfair circumstances with some rusty cheesewire and a blunt spoon!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back