The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Watchout Dog Thieves

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ja jumper said:
Kim and Tilly said:
ja jumper said:
BeeJay said:
Running dogs are stolen for illegal coursing and yes they bet on them.
A few years ago they broke into Battersea Dogs Home - the Windsor? branch.  I think that it's at Windsor, the 'country' bit anyway.

Anyway they were filmed walking around the kennels having a good look at the dogs.  Then they found some ex-racing greyhounds and nicked 'em. Got the van on camera too.   That's how cocky they can be.  Dogs were all dumped and found.

do we know who tried to take mallys dogs ,not all TRAVELLERS are thieves there are good and bad in us all dont be to quick to jugde not all are as lucky as us ,glad your dogs are safe mally ,you just dont know whos about,becareful they dont return

Yeah ok!! how do you recon they make there money then?? :- "

your not by any chance a DUMB BLONDEwho cant see past the end of her nose,you cant label every one hence dumb blonde (w00t)

Ja jumper - Your not by any chance one of those tree huggers who see's the good in everyone, even thought they would rip of their own gran for 50p......

i caught one the thieving gits(traveller)walking away with my cousins lurcher on our local heath when i was out walking my dogs and was just lucky to be at right place right time and confident enough to take him back.The ironic thing was it was another scumbag(traveller)who dumped it weeks earlier.

ja jumper said:
BeeJay said:
A few years ago they broke into Battersea Dogs Home - the Windsor? branch.  I think that it's at Windsor, the 'country' bit anyway.

Anyway they were filmed walking around the kennels having a good look at the dogs.  Then they found some ex-racing greyhounds and nicked 'em. Got the van on camera too.   That's how cocky they can be.  Dogs were all dumped and found.

do we know who tried to take mallys dogs ,not all TRAVELLERS are thieves there are good and bad in us all dont be to quick to jugde not all are as lucky as us ,glad your dogs are safe mally ,you just dont know whos about,becareful they dont return

I was answering someone's question which isn't about Mally's dogs at all. I've not mentioned Travellers in my post. Although in fact it was them that stole the dogs from Battersea. Good of you to point out the fact that I left that out. :thumbsup:

Kim and Tilly said:
ja jumper said:
Kim and Tilly said:
ja jumper said:
BeeJay said:

your not by any chance a DUMB BLONDEwho cant see past the end of her nose,you cant label every one hence dumb blonde (w00t)

Ja jumper - Your not by any chance one of those tree huggers who see's the good in everyone, even thought they would rip of their own gran for 50p......

no havent hugged any trees to date ,i was just pointing out not all travellers are anim,als and dirty b******* like what has been said on here there are a few that give others a bad name ,i know some cause alot of trouble just like some other thieving s**** who live in houses near to you and me -_-

ja jumper said:
Kim and Tilly said:
ja jumper said:
Kim and Tilly said:
ja jumper said:
BeeJay said:

no havent hugged any trees to date ,i was just pointing out not all travellers are anim,als and dirty b******* like what has been said on here there are a few that give others a bad name ,i know some cause alot of trouble just like some other thieving s**** who live in houses near to you and me -_-

I could count on one hand the number of 'nice' travellers (oh by the way i have no fingers (w00t) )

Sorry but i come across them all the time, and ive yet to meet one who isnt out for themselves :( . Distraction burglary is their niche, (sp).... :rant: :rant: :rant:

Thats robbing little old ladies and gents of everything they own, again and again..

The difference is with people who live in houses down the road you know who and where they are with travellers they are there one minute gone the next who knows who they are, that in itself scares me like I said before how do you catch people with no identity :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think people who commit crimes such as theft/dog napping/vandalising etc..a disgrace to society too...but i would think that there are many of these people from all types of lifestyles...

to condemn everyone who lives in a caravan is a worrying...i like to take each person as an individual and not judge their colour/religion/lifestyle etc... i think there is good and bad people in every "type"

we would not be able to slag of whole groups of other people and get away with it ..i think stories based on individuals is much more appropriate imo :thumbsup:

Whitecross whippets,

Lets not condem a whole race but in my very small world :-

Friend caught one in his house uninvited, legged it before court appearance, all his windows smashed the next day.

Gypsys brought greenbelt field near us and ignored planning laws ripped up tree etc and laid hardstanding. Then offered to sell it back only if the villages payed 30K over the what they had paid otherwise more people would come. Still there despite losing planning appeal, mess has to be seen to be believed.

Smashed the gate where I work to get access to car park threatened security if they tried to stop them then camped leaving a mess that cost 3K to clean up and repair damage when eventually court ordered them off.

Landrover with tracker stolen tracker tracked it to the local gypsy site. Police had to wait for reinforcements from Bristol before they would go onto the site. Funnily nobody saw who had drove it there. Have you ever tried driving onto a gypsy site, try it you get noticed very quickly.

Lastly look at the statistics for twin axles that frequent their sites being stolen vrs all other caravans.

But on the whole I am sure the majority pay their taxs, dont con old people out of their savings by laying 2cm of tarmac and then demanding the money, abide the planning laws and only stay in fields that they are legally entitled to.

dont get me wrong i do agree on the whole with what you and everyone are saying....im sure you are totally correct...all im saying is that i could generalize about certain other groups of people and be right on the whole...but even if there is only 1 single person that is not like the rest then imo it is wrong to label them all!

surely you agree with that?

(w00t) oh and the fact that i own a caravan and a whippet called gypsy is irrelevant!!!..lol (w00t)

~whitecross whippets~ said:
dont get me wrong i do agree on the whole with what you and everyone are saying....im sure you are totally correct...all im saying is that i could generalize about certain other groups of people and be right on the whole...but even if there is only 1 single person that is not like the rest then imo it is wrong to label them all!surely you agree with that?

(w00t) oh and the fact that i own a caravan and a whippet called gypsy is irrelevant!!!..lol (w00t)

I agree and I have a caravan +transit+4 whippets so how much of a traveller do I look when on my hols (w00t) :lol: but I'm still very p******d off about my other caravan :rant: :rant: :rant: it makes you have a big dislike you know :angry:

Once I lived near this lovely rural area just out of major city. All about 5 acre properties with large magnificent houses with merc or three in the garage, wealthy and famous people's area. Then somebody started nicking the luxury cars and burning them out. EVRERYBODY knew who was doing it, it was the kids from X....town, place about 10km away, the worst place in that city, highest crime rate, highest unemployment rate, place you could not walk in the street at night. There was lot of coverage in media.

And then they caught them; they were local rich boys, daddy one of them a barrister. Interestingly NOTHING was reported anywhere about the arrest or what happened to the kids. I heard that parents paid lot of compensation and charges were dropped.

a girl i'm friends with is a member of a prominant traveller family in my area. and SHE is embarrassed about her relatives :( much as she loves them, she hates that life, the rivalry, the stealing. shes married out of it, to a lovely, honest man, and though she cant deny her children their family, she is raising them as regular kids. its an uphill struggle for her, instilling morality. several times shes fallen out with her family, because no matter how tight things are, shed rather go without than accept money/things that have come out of someone elses loss.

i agree, there are good ones out there. but not very many.

I agree and I have a caravan +transit+4 whippets so how much of a traveller do I look when on my hols (w00t) :lol:

(w00t) (w00t) go on lesley....admit it....you tarmac driveways as well dont you!!!...ha!!..ha!!!!....lol!!!!! (w00t) o:)

I agree and I have a caravan +transit+4 whippets so how much of a traveller do I look when on my hols (w00t) :lol:

(w00t) (w00t) go on lesley....admit it....you tarmac driveways as well dont you!!!...ha!!..ha!!!!....lol!!!!! (w00t) o:)

Only in the summer :teehee: I sell pegs in the winter :thumbsup:

Oh and lucky heather if you ever need some just give me a shout ( you'd better had or I'll put a curse on you) :shifty:

Actually that happened to me you know, a gypsy came round years ago selling lucky heather and I said no thankyou, she said to me thats a nice car in a surely you can afford some type way (I had a lada at the time (w00t) don't tell anybody :b ) I said to her thats because I have a job and shut the door :angry:

(w00t) [SIZE=14pt]lesley drove a lada!!!!!!arghhh!!!!!! lol!!!! [/SIZE] (w00t)
It was one of the square one too :x , it was my first car beggars can't be chosers you know, worst of it was I drove it to work every day about 4 miles and when I got to the turn off to go into work it always cut out in the middle of the road :b I used to pray there would be no cars coming so I wouldn't have to stop :lol:

Oh happy days :teehee: :wacko:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back