The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Weight

Discussion in 'Dog Health' started by Peegee, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Peegee

Peegee Active Member Registered

Evie is now 18 months and took her to be weighed recently and she is still gaining weight.  Not massively but steadily.  At what age do you think her weight should settle down and stay consistent?  As she is a cross breed (show cocker spaniel/miniature poodle) there is obviously no breed standard.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Store
  3. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

With Dennis being 10 now I have completely forgotten how old he was when he stopped growing (He's a lab) so out of curiosity with your question about Evie I found an article covering the different sizes! It seems that Evie should just about be fully grown now :) 

Here is the link if you're interested: http://trupanion.com/blog/2013/03/when-do-dogs-stop-growing/

4. Peegee

Peegee Active Member Registered

Thanks Josie.  That was really helpful.  So it sounds as though Evie should be just about fully grown.  I was going to say adult but I'm not sure she's behaving like an adult just yet!  Love the name Dennis.

5. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Yes they may be the size of an adult but they definitely don't have the mentality of one! 

aw thank you :)