The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Welcome

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Judy,

you have phrased it just right - how well do the best coursing dogs do in the show ring?  I also would agree with you that prior to racing at the end of the 19th century, whippets would have been  coursers, but I'm also of the belief that this breed is not as "manufactured" as some books would lead one to believe.  I do think the popularity of the breed in the 1880's on and the beginnings of "registrations" can cause this belief, but I think whippets have probably been around as long as their greyhound cousins, but perhaps not with a seperate breed name.  Now, I've probably said something that will cause many to disagree, but its just my humble opinion (oh sorry - IMHO - :biggrin: )

thanks for your imput, does make one think.

Hello Sunderland bro's, missfit and Mad Mick (not worthy!!!).

Is blidworth still on?? I wasn't sure if it was after the fed cancelled kinsley. We were thinking of going but we need the bend experience! Glad you said hello and good luck at blidworth and the bend champs(like you both need it!) if you find out anything let us know.

Hello sunderland bros

Are Mad Mick and Miss Fit your dog's names? (Sorry, I am a ped. racer)

Presuming they are, I think it's a really good idea to use them as your signature. It's funny how people often only know who each other are by the dog's they've got :biggrin:

Did anyone go to blidworth on sunday? If so who won.

I'd be interested in the results.

I've just been emailed from gary sunderland owner of mad mick, his brother petes excellent open bitch missfit has died after eating rat poison.

All whippet owners will be heartbroken to here this news.

R.I.P Missfit

Being a pedi racer I don't know Gary or Pete but feel so sorry for them.

I know from personal experience that there is nothing worse than losing a dog at a young age. So Gary and Pete - I am sure you have the sympathies of whippet racers everywhere.

Tony Taylor said:
I`d like to welcome everyone to this forum and thank Nigel for allowing us onto the site .Thanks mate !We (thats me,Michelle and Sam ) have only been racing the last 7yrs but were pretty keen - you may know us through our dogs Soapy Joe and Hobgoblin (and hopefully soon True Faith ) Please feel free to post on any topic concerned with the non-pedigree scene , even if it is just to say hello .

Just having a flick back to around the time we discovered K9-via Michelle/Tony

Its certainly gone beyond saying hello...... :clown:

We were excited about talking on line to Neil Pemberton with Wonderwall back then!!!

How weird is that??? lol

Karen

There was a topic for people to introduce themselves and there dogs would be interesting to find it again ..

Yes Karen k9's move on since the days we used to sit on msn with loads of use chatting on a night, we had some right good laughs

Just had a look back at the first few pages of the none ped section and harry and teriann were posting then

DEE

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back