The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What A Bully

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
~Helen~ said:
I've just spoken to the Dog Warden and they've advised me to log the incident with the police and the RSPCA.
What a :rant: Were there any witnesses, or people who could make statements about previous incidents? I must admit when it happened to me I just gave up and now just sneak about at dusk on my bunnying forays when I'm guaranteed not to meet anyone :(

The cheeky blo..dy so and so :rant: :rant: what on earth does he think hes doing - Nasty piece of work - :rant: :rant: You must report him Helen ....

did you ask him WHY ....or is he a dog hater full stop - stupid man. :( - he needs help or locking away. :rant:

Poor Josie - is she ok. :luck: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Josie, hope she is ok.

This idiot needs reporting before he distresses or injures anymore dogs :rant: :rant: :rant:

Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
Josie is okay, thanks Janis.

I have got a witness, the man who spoke up for me, but he told me afterwards that it was a lose-lose situation and I'd be better of just putting Josie on the lead when I see the man coming.

Why though?? It makes me so mad that these people can behave how they like. If it had been a child he'd kicked out at, then there would be all hell to pay, but people use the Dangerous Dogs Act to keep us scared. I worry that if I do start some kind of ball rolling by reporting him, then I might lose Josie because he could say she "attacked" him.

Anyway, have tried the RSPCA line, but after five mintues of "press button 5 now..." I was told by the automated voice that it might take ten minutes for my turn to come. So I'm still nowhere. I've left a message for the Community Police Officer to contact me.

The Dog Warden was great, though. She said that she'd send me a leaflet telling me my responsibilites, and that if she put a spare in the envelope perhaps I'd like to pass one on to Mr Angry? I think I will, seeing as I know where he lives.

:angry: what a waste of a morning. I'd better do some work now :b

~Helen~ said:
Why though?? It makes me so mad that these people can behave how they like. If it had been a child he'd kicked out at, then there would be all hell to pay, but people use the Dangerous Dogs Act to keep us scared. I worry that if I do start some kind of ball rolling by reporting him, then I might lose Josie because he could say she "attacked" him.

I think that's unlikely - the most you seem to get is an order to keep your dog on a lead, and he'd have to provide some evidence of injury, which seems unlikely. Similarly, your case would be stronger if he'd really injured your dog, thank God he didn't (I hope). I'm inclined to think there is no satisfactory way of dealing with these things. We got beaten up by some people who moved into our flat after us, they were pissed off because we'd left some things in a locked room, even though we had a right to as we'd payed our rent to the end of the month and done them a favour by letting them move in early.

I got well-thumped by the guy, all my clothes torn but when the next door neighbour rang the Police they just told us to leave the premises as this was the simplest way of defusing the situation. Apparently we had no right to be there. They didn't seem bothered I was covered in bruises and OH had all his clothes ripped trying to get the guy off (who was obviously in a state due to some sort of substance abuse).

~Helen~ said:
Really really really shaken and shocked - not to mention my lungs are now knackered from sprinting 500 yards uphill across grass :(
My daughter (some of you know her as Minnie from here) and I were just on the Common throwing a frisbee for Josie. She picked it up and instead of running to me, trotted towards a passing man. Just to put in a bit of context, she was wearing her woolly tartan coat and looked like the soft docile little thing that she is :wub: He was well-dressed, mid-forties, looked like a normal human being.

The so-called normal human being kicked her. For no reason. I was about twenty yards away and nearly dropped dead with shock. I yelled, "Don't kick my dog! That was totally uncalled for!"

He yelled back that she was attacking him!! :blink:

Has anyone ever seen a whippet attack a human - and especially with WITH A BARBIE-PINK FRISBEE IN ITS MOUTH????

He walked on across the Common. I ran to reassure poor Minnie, and check over poor Josie (who was standing stock-still, looking pretty confused as she's only ever known kindness) Then I thought - I want to see his face properly so that I'll know him again.

So I ran after him - 500 yards uphill across the grass! Thought I was going to DIE (I'd die for my whippet though :( ) I asked him to stop and turn round so that I could see him. He duly did - and told me to get myself under control... I said I was under control, but totally out-of-breath (gasping and blue in the face).

He then told me that he was a peaceful (!!) person taking a walk when my dog attacked him.

I'm proud to say that I remained calm (enraged but under control) and told him that he had absolutely no right to do what he did, etc etc... He began shaking his finger in my face so I stepped away. Then (this is classic) a woman with a pit-bull type dog came across and asked if I needed any help and would I like her to let her dog off the lead??? (w00t)   :lol:   She used the F word a lot and says she hates the people that live in the big houses up here because they're all "right bast*rds" (w00t)

She has now gone off to follow him and see where he lives, and perhaps report him to the mental health authorities as an escaped patient (I THINK she was joking :unsure: ) Minnie says she really didn't look like she was joking.... :eek:

Oh, poor Josie. When we got home, she started coughing and I had a horrible moment when I thought I would need to find the moron and ask him for vet's fees. But I've had a good look at her and she seems okay. She's had some water and is now curled up in her basket.

WHAT A COMPLETE B*****D!. A TOTAL BULLY I WOULD SAY, AND DONT THINK HE WOULD HAVE DONE THAT TO A DOBERMAN OR A RIDGEBACK! NOR DO I THINK HE WOULD HAVE DONE IT TO A HUMAN BEING HIS OWN SIZE.

CLEARLY HES GOT ISSUES THAT HAVENT BEEN RESOLVED, AND CAN ONLY TAKE IT OUT ON LITTLE THINGS THAT MEAN NO HARM! RATHER THAN ADRESS HIS ISSUES LIKE A MAN!

~Helen~ said:
Really really really shaken and shocked - not to mention my lungs are now knackered from sprinting 500 yards uphill across grass :(
My daughter (some of you know her as Minnie from here) and I were just on the Common throwing a frisbee for Josie. She picked it up and instead of running to me, trotted towards a passing man. Just to put in a bit of context, she was wearing her woolly tartan coat and looked like the soft docile little thing that she is :wub: He was well-dressed, mid-forties, looked like a normal human being.

The so-called normal human being kicked her. For no reason. I was about twenty yards away and nearly dropped dead with shock. I yelled, "Don't kick my dog! That was totally uncalled for!"

He yelled back that she was attacking him!! :blink:

Has anyone ever seen a whippet attack a human - and especially with WITH A BARBIE-PINK FRISBEE IN ITS MOUTH????

He walked on across the Common. I ran to reassure poor Minnie, and check over poor Josie (who was standing stock-still, looking pretty confused as she's only ever known kindness) Then I thought - I want to see his face properly so that I'll know him again.

So I ran after him - 500 yards uphill across the grass! Thought I was going to DIE (I'd die for my whippet though :( ) I asked him to stop and turn round so that I could see him. He duly did - and told me to get myself under control... I said I was under control, but totally out-of-breath (gasping and blue in the face).

He then told me that he was a peaceful (!!) person taking a walk when my dog attacked him.

I'm proud to say that I remained calm (enraged but under control) and told him that he had absolutely no right to do what he did, etc etc... He began shaking his finger in my face so I stepped away. Then (this is classic) a woman with a pit-bull type dog came across and asked if I needed any help and would I like her to let her dog off the lead??? (w00t)   :lol:   She used the F word a lot and says she hates the people that live in the big houses up here because they're all "right bast*rds" (w00t)

She has now gone off to follow him and see where he lives, and perhaps report him to the mental health authorities as an escaped patient (I THINK she was joking :unsure: ) Minnie says she really didn't look like she was joking.... :eek:

Oh, poor Josie. When we got home, she started coughing and I had a horrible moment when I thought I would need to find the moron and ask him for vet's fees. But I've had a good look at her and she seems okay. She's had some water and is now curled up in her basket.

CAN I ALSO TELL YOU I KNOW A VERY GOOD POLICEMAN (DOG UNIT) WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE TO THE FORCE LOST HIS JOB BECAUSE HE RETALIATED TO A THUG WHO KICKED HIS DOG IN THE FACE.

IT SPLIT THE DOGS LIP UP TO HIS EYE SOCKET AND HE LOST ALL HIS TEETH ON THE SAME SIDE.

THUS, DISABLING A FIT AND HEALTHY DOG THAT LOVED ITS WORK, AND HAD TO RETIRE AT 2 YEARS OLD. PLUS, ONCE FINISHED WITH, HIS BELOVED DOG WAS SENT TO ANOTHER HOME!.

NOW TELL ME WHERE THE JUSTICE IS IN THAT. HOW DO YOU NOT RESPOND TO SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I KNOW HE WAS A POLICEMAN, BUT STILL A HUMAN BEING NON THE LESS. HE WAS DEVASTATED, AND JOBLESS!

NOW, HE MAINTAINS HE WOULD DO THE SAME AGAIN TO PROTECT A DUMB BUT BELOVED ANIMAL.

I CAN SYMPATHISE, IF ANYONE TOUCHED MY DOG I DREAD TO THINK HOW I WOULD REACT!

Oh poor you and Josie. I know how you feel having had a run in with a nutcase 2 weeks ago. What is wrong with these people?

Hope you are feeling ok now.

I would just keep away from him and put Josie on a lead when you see him, he's just looking for an excuse to have a go at any thing or body. We have a jogger near us who was the same when Jas was a pup now we have 3 Whippys they get a bit nervous and wait for us to put them on a lead before getting to close.

At one point we did think of getting a larger dog to look after Jas like a doberman but a pack of Whips is just as good. :)

If it happened again to us I would'nt think twice before having a go :rant: :rant:

Simon

I agree with whip , Just put Josie on a lead when you see this moran

I agree with whip , Just put Josie on a lead when you see this moran :rant: :rant: . Dont give him the satisfaction of seeing you upset or being able to kick out at her ,

Hes just a PATHETIC BULLY :rant:

hope all works out ok

Oh dear- how horrible for you. :( It is a shame that so many people are :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: . It is simply beyond me to see shat they have against whippets, but there we go - some people are insane.

You would have thought he'd have learnt not to mess with Josie last time

OEH said:
Oh dear- how horrible for you. :(   It is a shame that so many people are :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant: .  It is simply beyond me to see shat they have against whippets, but there we go - some people are insane. 
You would have thought he'd have learnt not to mess with Josie last time

Some people just hate dogs. When we were in Thailand, there were lots of dogs just hanging around where we were staying (they were a bit scabby, mainly from sunburn/eczema) and a chap just went mad kicking a little bitch that happened to be wandering past. If you want to avoid catching rabies from a dog in a foreign land, that's an excellent way to go about getting bitten. I wish she had actually :angry:

I'd likely report it this time if it was me. You left it last time and he's felt it was okay to be like this again. I think I'd report it if only to get it on the record. You have this thread so you can be sure of your dates/times.

in the meantime I would also aways leash her when you see this guy. It's not worth taking the risk.

Wendy

What a complete idiot of a man :rant: Obviously he is just looking for an excuse to lash out at a dog, poor Josie :(

Just wear a big banner on your top saying something like - "Try again you flaming big A**E and I'll scratch your eyes out of your ignorant ugly pig head!" - or something along those lines :- " :- " :lol: or maybe not...

I bet you are still seething though :(

Hi Helen. Just caught up with this. I would definitely report the man. I would tell the police that he behaved in a threatening way to you as well as your dog and that you were frightened by him. They will almost certainly warn him. I had a problem when we lived down south and the guy was told to keep away or the police would "take it further". That said I would leash Josie, it isn't worth the risk. Also carry a loud alarm with you. At least that will give him a shock and alert other people you might need help. Hope you feel a bit better now, I'm going to drink a large glass of red wine to help your nerves!!

Juley said:
I'm going to drink a large glass of red wine to help your nerves!!
:lol: aw, you must have cheered me up with your wine, because I laughed when I read that, Juley. Thank you.

Juley said:
Hi Helen.  Just caught up with this.  I would definitely report the man.  I would tell the police that he behaved in a threatening way to you as well as your dog and that you were frightened by him.  They will almost certainly warn him.  I had a problem when we lived down south and the guy was told to keep away or the police would "take it further".  That said I would leash Josie, it isn't worth the risk.  Also carry a loud alarm with you. At least that will give him a shock and alert other people you might need help.  Hope you feel a bit better now, I'm going to drink a large glass of red wine to help your nerves!!
Thinking about that Juley - if someone puts you in a state of alarm or fear that is classed as breach of the peace?? It can be face to face or even via telephone or letter!

anslinmcg said:
Thinking about that Juley - if someone puts you in a state of alarm or fear that is classed as breach of the peace?? It can be face to face or even via telephone or letter!
I think there is an offence 'Using threatening behaviour'. I phoned the police after a road rage incident (chap nearly ran me down, I yelled 'Oy, watch it', so he got out and went on about how he was going to give me an effing good hiding for about 10 mins.) The Police were more interested about whether the incident had been recorde on close-circuit tv in the Waitrose carpark - they seemed reasonably keen to pursue the incident if they could identify him.

There are a lot of aggressive toerags around :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back