The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What dog have I got?

Heartnut

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello forum,

We have moved in to a farm in Belgium, and the former owners have left us a dog. After he got used to us, he became a perfect companion, inspite of spending years locked in a cage and being fed potatoes.

I would love to know what mixture of other dog has produced this marvel. His name is Sloefke. P5070090.jpg

Short legged chap ent he, I'd be happy to say terrier hahaha, I think I'd let better people than me go for it, I've a few guesses but I'm a chicken to say lol

Handsome, eh? Produces a deep and loud woof so it suited the farmer, who said he had run over his previous dog with the tractor, and this smaller one didn't eat as much. Having a dog locked in a cage as a sort of alarm system is a common sight here in Belgium.

Here is dog as first seen. He had many enormous ticks on his head.

P3190123 (2) - Copy.JPG

The farmer sounds a bit of a git if you ask me, the dogs took to you so that's a plus for you and the dog.

Looking at his legs I was gunna say a bit of dandie dinmont and his long body style but hey it's only a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
One feature of the dog is the sticking up ears. Is it possible it's based on a French Bulldog, but with a snout?

Geez it so hard to give a proper answer really, dog looks ok for rats thow lol

What about some Griffon Bruxellois? Still does not account for the pointy ears! They are a breed from Belgium though.

Bit of a mix, but he looks as tho he can handle himself!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back