The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Which Anti Virus Protection

nanscamp

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Which anti virus protection would you recommend? I had Norton when I got my computer 18 months ago and when the year was up I was told to get Macafee because Norton wasnt very good. Ive just had to have the computer repaired because it was full of viruses, let through even though Macafee was installed. The repairer said they did not recommend that one, I should have Norton. Now Im confused. Easy done I know but which one should I go for? Any ideas anyone?

Lyn

4_12_121.gif

sorry im rubbish with computers :b

I have Norton and think its brilliant and well worth the money.

I dont personally like MACAFEE ITS RUBBISH.

Norton for me too :thumbsup: So tell your gaffer to buy Norton next time :lol:

BornToHunt said:
I use AVG and i cant fault it for service, its updated regular and searches your system as soon as you boot up. and best of all its FREE
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/28415/

My mum uses this too and has no probs. I had already bought my software before she told me about it otherwise I would've gone with that.

I had loads of problems with Norton so I'd never go with them again. I can't for the life of me remember the name of mine now, got it from PC world, only cost 30 quid. The sales bloke directed me towards some package which cost about 60 quid and when I told him not to be so stupid he told me that the one which I've now got was the best :lol:

I USE TO USED nORTON,NEVER AGAIN,HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEM.

AVG and spybot for me too -- best of all they are both FREE...

I have Norton on my laptop and AVG on my PC which I dont use very much, been fine with both :thumbsup:

norton 360 or zonealarm security suite.. tried mcafee,panda,bitdefender all allowed stuff through that norton and zonealarm stopped.

BornToHunt said:
I use AVG and i cant fault it for service, its updated regular and searches your system as soon as you boot up. and best of all its FREE
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/28415/

AVG Anti-Virus anti-Spyware & Anti-Rootkit - definitely NOT Norton can cause problems.

Also Spybot & Ad-Aware & Spyware Terminator

Check at least weekly preferably more often and always check for updates.

Whichever you choose there will be some 'errors' when comparing competitors. but if you google for the best anti-virus etc you will come up with some recommendations. As posted above one benefit of the programs I have mentioned is that they are free and do REALLY well in comparison tests..

Last edited by a moderator:
The basic Norton anti virus works ok (not the all singing/dancing package) but it does slow the computer down + if ever you wish to use the "System Restore" function on your computer you have to uninstal Norton which isn't easy.

It's always worth running Spybot or Ad-Aware 2007 (or both) to get rid of spyware.

PhilX

thanks for all the replies, everyone. like I said, its as clear as mud. I have been told about the AVG free ones but I was wary about anything that says its free. It seems its still pot luck as you all have had different experiences.

Milly, the gaffer doesnt know how to turn on the thing - perhaps thats where the viruses came from!! I usually get 'whats this thats come on, oh its ok its gone now' :b

back to the drawing board

Lyn

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back