The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Which breed(s) would you rather own?

Manchester heeler

Welsh Corgi or Greyhound?

Swedish vallhund, fancy a challenge and like Vikings!

Weimararner x lab or collie x red setter?

Weimararner x Lab.

Here is one choice I would struggle between.

Bedlington x Whippet Lurcher or Border Collie x Greyhound Lurcher

Toy Manchester Terrier.

Borzoi or Deerhound.

Terry, the Bedy x Whippet Lurchers I have come accross, quite a few, have been lovely well natured dogs. But I will add if you want a dog to add rabbit to the family pot they are brilliant.

Borzoi, though it was a close call - I'd settle for either.

Jack Russell or Parson Russell?

Terry, the Bedy x Whippet Lurchers I have come across, quite a few, have been lovely well natured dogs. But I will add if you want a dog to add rabbit to the family pot they are brilliant.

good to know - however, all my experiences of Bedlingtons were with the undiluted version, & all at the UKC Centennial Show, as they're a very rare? / quite rare? breed, in the USA.
Every handler for the 4 days of the show carried her or his Bedys bodily, to & from the ring - i thot it was to keep their legs clean, as the footpaths were a bit messy & the dogs are pale colors; nope. // They were carried b/c otherwise the little bast... errm, darlings would start a fight with every dog they met on the way, whether going to the ring or heading to their RVs. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, my "naturally dog-aggressive" 80# Akita kept all 4 feet on the ground, perforce, as i wasnt about to carry her! - she wove in & out of crowds, met multiple dogs head-on in tight spaces, & never lifted a lip, muttered a growl, or postured at any dog, not even the ones that got obnoxious or barked / lunged at her. :p
When i talked to the Bedy handlers, most of their charges struggled to get down & see Moon off. :D Several of them turned their wriggling charges butt-forward across their bodies as they stood, holding their dog's rear legs with the hand of the bent arm, the dog's torso cradled on the bent arm, the other hand holding the dog's collar, & the Bedy's head in front of their upper arm, so they could neither look daggers at Moon nor see the other way, to start a wrangle behind the handler.
It seemed to be a very-fluent maneuver, LOL. // Apparently dog-reactivity or outright aggro is almost the rule in Bedlingtons, or that appeared to be true of UKC-registered Bedys.

- terry

I have had lurchers for over 40 yrs and would Never have another bedlington X ....

Parson Russell

Welsh Terrier or
Patterdale terrier

Welsh terrier of course!

Irish wolf hound OR Great Dane

Irish wolfhound. Less slobber.

Old English sheepdog or samoyed

Sammy! - :)

OES are barky, slobbery, & bearded. Gack! - 3 things I don’t like, all in the same jumping, galloping, inconvenient mandatory-groom package, LOL.

Eurasier or Porcelaine hound?

I'm glad someone did the Grey / Lurcher, as for me its a split decission.

Staffy.

Shetland Sheepdog or Mini Poodle

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back