The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Which dog food is best?

Buddyburnell

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, I brought my Huskita (husky+akita) puppy home last Tuesday and he was eating puppy Bakers...I thought he was ok staying on that diet but I have done a little research on Bakers as I have heard some bad things and honestly it's put me right off wanting to feed it to him! He is going to be a large dog and want him to have what he needs to grow properly and healthily. In experience what would be the best brand of food to feed him?
Thanks in advance for your time

orijen dog food gets 5/5 stars, and also natures menu but raw diet is much more better and healthier for dogs. i have a thread on it.

Have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk

It is an independent dog food comparison website which scores all types of foods (dry, raw, wet) on a scale of 0 to 5. You can set filters for your dog's weight, age etc and choose to view only the foods scoring, say, 4 and above. Then you can show them listed according to daily feeding cost so you can see what gives you best value for money.

It is an independent dog food comparison website which scores all types of foods (dry, raw, wet) on a scale of 0 to 5. You can set filters for your dog's weight, age etc and choose to view only the foods scoring, say, 4 and above. Then you can show them listed according to daily feeding cost so you can see what gives you best value for money.
what brand do you feed Timber?

That's lovely I will have a look, Thank you

Orijen is a good product, but feeding too much could cause loose poo's, so you might have to take care.
As a passionate raw feeder I would suggest feeding raw. This is very easy to change over to without any upsets. My last puppy that I bought I changed in 2 days, the difference could be noticed very quickly. You do not have to feed balanced meals every day, just plenty of meat varieties including plucks/offal and raw bones. (research would be advisable).
A handy little book and easy to read and understand "Honeys Natural Feeding Handbook for Dogs". Can be purchased from Amazon for as little as 1p (used but very good condition).

I fed my Gemma on Wagg dry dog food, i always added fresh carrots to it, which she loved, she would also have roast chicken. She lived to be 14 so i was doing something right:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back