The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Which Type Of Brush?

markE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just wondering if aynone here can advise on a decent brush to get for my whippet. i havnt got one so far as i thought he wouldnt need brushing, but im beginning to think he'd enjoy the attention and the soothing feel.

Do your whippets need or enjjoy being brushed?

thanks, mark

Hi Mark, we don't really use a brush. we use some sort of rubber glove, they really love it when we do this and it is very good to remove the surplus hair when they are shedding.

I use a cat brush mark nice and soft and also one of those mitten things and use the soft side, mine all like it although Spry would rather eat the brush :wacko:

katia said:
Hi Mark, we don't really use a brush. we use some sort of rubber glove, they really love it when we do this and it is very good to remove the surplus hair when they are shedding.
Yes, we also use the rubber grooming glove.

in050262_10be3.jpg

"1/4" rubber knobs stimulate the skin while removing loose hairs.

Great for washing or rinsing. Fits either right or left hand."

You can buy it at every petstore or PetsMart

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we use a glove to, its great we also then have a soft brush to go over them with when the glove has got all the loose hair off.

i use a blunt hacksaw blade broke in half with insulation tape over the end, it works a treat especally when they are moulting.

mally said:
i use a blunt hacksaw blade broke in half with insulation tape over the end, it works a treat especally when they are moulting.

Yep we used these in the Greyhound kennels, fined their coats down beautifully :D ........I just use a chamois leather on my lot after they've been rubbed down :)

mally said:
Yeah we use one too and then a final going over with an old pair of tights. :))

Brings them up a treat :thumbsup:

i use a rubber mitt to lift the scurf and loose hair, a good rub down with that also warms the muscles up and brings the oils out into the coat, :thumbsup:

when i take the black dog to a show i use a goat hair body brush on him as it really puts a shine on him, no need for these coat sprays i've seen used :thumbsup:

Picturebec_170.JPG

beaker said:
i use a rubber mitt to lift the scurf and loose hair, a good rub down with that also warms the muscles up and brings the oils out into the coat,  :thumbsup:
when i take the black dog to a show i use a goat hair body brush on him as it really puts a shine on him, no need for these coat sprays i've seen used  :thumbsup:

WOW now that is a shine :cheers: :thumbsup: :)

I do have a rubber mitt that I use occasionally on Annie. These are very good at removing loose hair and massaging the skin.

I would imagine a soft brush pretty useless, with whippet hair being very short, may as well just use the palm of your hand or a cloth.

I confess I don’t groom her very often, she doesn’t need it, just a good rub down with a cloth when she gets muddy.

I think the most important thing is to keep their bedding really clean which will stop any odour problem arising.

Clean Bed ........ Clean Whippet :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a 'zoom groom' made by the Kong company. Has the rubber bits like the mitts, and the girls love it. Also use a shedding blade (like a hacksaw blade but made for the task).

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back