Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet 400yds Uphill Lure Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelmcfc

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Not sure if this is really in the right section but here we go:

There is a greyhound straight lure chasing event being held this Sunday as a fund raiser to help with the legal costs of those involved in the Yorkshire greyhound field trial case . For those of you interested , the meet could possibly accomodate a 4 or 8 dog whippet event too if there is any interest.

The dogs will be slipped by a NCC slipper ( Arron Atmore) and a NCC judge will be judging.

If you`re interested in attending, the meet is being held at Great Habton near Amotherby North Yorkshire on Tim Easterby`s gallops this Sunday 20th Jan at 10:30 for an 11am start .

If you want more details or would like to enter a whippet please PM me and I will pass on to the organisers

Last edited by a moderator:
if i wasnt busy i would be there like a shot.seems like a good cause and im sure there will be many takers :cheers:

changed my mind.. i can make it.. :cheers:

please count my two girls (lola and Maggie) in for this,

I have just had the draw for the whippets entered for this event so far, any others are welcome

Perry Pictures v Winterfell Tinkerbell

Lynperry Wonder at Firstrike v Eugenie Princess

If anyone else is interested in running their whippets pm me and I will pass on the details to the organisers.

For people interested in watching there will be in addition 3 x 8 dog greyhound stakes

sounds like a good day.

Hope the whippets show them how its done :D good luck to all entering.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a great day, brill company and lots of laughs. :D Great to see the Greyhounds go.

Track run over approx 350m (please correct me if i am wrong) straight.

Whippet results...

Winterfell Tinkerbelle bt Penny Pictures

Lynperry Wonder at Firstrike bt Eugenie Princess

main final -

Lynperry Wonder at Firstrike bt Winterfell Tinkerbelle

BIG CONGRATS Tony

It was an absolute corker of a final with not much in it at all, maybe half a nose if that!! :eek:

had a great day. nice to meet the greyhound guy's all very impressed with the whippets a big well done to sarah and tony and especially Archie who ran a blinder and just got an nose in front.

Hopefully the next one there will be more notice so we can get more whippets competing

*the course was 350 yards uphill on one of the race horse gallops

masta said:
had a great day. nice to meet the greyhound guy's all very impressed with the whippets a big well done to sarah and tony and especially Archie who ran a blinder and just got an nose in front.
Hopefully the next one there will be more notice so we can get more whippets competing

*the course was 350 yards uphill on one of the race horse gallops

Glad you enjoyed it , it was a shame I couldn`t be there , hopefully next time we will

it worked out a top day :cheers: ive nearly done the bottle in...... :b

any future meetings will be much anticipated :thumbsup:

I`ve just been speaking to Arron, the slipper and he tells me that there are 2 more events planned , one on the 10th Feb and one on the 16th March. Entries are required by 7th Feb. PM me for more info contact no etc

nigelmcfc said:
I`ve just been speaking to Arron, the slipper and he tells me that there are 2 more events planned , one on the 10th Feb and one on the 16th March. Entries are required by 7th Feb. PM me for more info contact no etc
should make for another fun day, count my dog in for both meetings.. :cheers:

are you intrested in non peds and maybe a run off with peds in a overall final

nigelmcfc said:
I have been asked to remove personal contact details from this thread - so as it says above, please PM nigelmcfc for details. :thumbsup:

louise061071 said:
maggiemay2 said:
will these events be held at the same place?
The next meeting will be held at the same place, same time.

[SIZE=21pt]Latest News[/SIZE]

After the immense success of The Pennymeadow Cup organised by The Northwest LCC the slipper Mr Aaron Atmore has asked that The Northwest LCC provide the whippets for a 16 dog stake to be held on the 10th February on the gallops of Tim Easterby (NORTH YORKSHIRE) to be run over 400 yards uphill from slips all KC registered whippets are invited to enter (NO HEIGHT OR WEIGHT LIMIT) entry fee will be £10 per dog closing date for entries is the 5th February ALL proceeds from this event will go to the funds to help with the legal costs of those involved in the Yorkshire greyhound field trial case. :thumbsup:

Entries to Mr Mark Roberts contact 07903624876 or PM him through this board :thumbsup:

The Northwest LCC leading the way forward in Lure Coursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back