The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet/bedlington

sparky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all, i have the chance to breed my whippet with an non kc working bedlington terrier. the guy who has the bitch is breeding in view of keeping a larger faster beddy type back for his own use, what would be the interest in such a litter among k9 members. if theres no interest i wont let my dog breed with the bitch, as i know there are already lots of unwanted lurcher types around. regards.

Ok this breed of lurcher is very popular and wanted, but by the way ur describing this the whippet is the dog and the bedlington is the bitch, normally in this first cross mating it would be the other way about, the whippet being the bitch and the bedlington being the dog, im not sure what way this would turn out, i have a first cross bedlington/whippet with his dam being the whippet and his sire being the bedlington and this is wat he looks like

Cody_pic.jpg

hi miss madam, i dont think it would make any difference. ive seen bed whips bred both ways and theres not much between them. regards

sparky said:
hi all, i have the chance to breed my whippet with an non kc working bedlington terrier. the guy who has the bitch is breeding in view of keeping a larger faster beddy type back for his own use, what would be the interest in such a litter among k9 members. if theres no interest i wont let my dog breed with the bitch, as i know there are already lots of unwanted lurcher types around. regards.
I am looking for a lurcher puppy like this! a bitch puppy.

What a beauty they do look like mini Deerhounds. Good luck and show us the pups when successful :D

I am sure you would not have any problem finding homes.

hi ,

i dont want to put the mockers on your plans , but personally i cant see why anyone would want that cross even though i know its very popular .

a whippet will do exactly the same job and probably better !

its cheeper to buy the lurcher from the buyers point of view , but from the breeders its really a wast of money , you can get way more from ether the whippet or the beddy.

if you wanted to go ahead im sure you will sell them

good luck anyway with whatever you deside

hi stark, thats my point of view regarding whippet beds. this mating is a favour to a friend who likes my archie that much he wants to mate him with his bitch. regards

Hi, newbie here. :)

So glad I found this thread. I've just had a bit of a shock - I think my bedlington bitch may be pregnant to my whippet/bedlington x jack russel dog. I've been worrying all night, but at least it would seem that there is a market the pups. I'm a bit calmer now :rolleyes:

Tab said:
Hi, newbie here.  :)
So glad I found this thread. I've just had a bit of a shock - I think my bedlington bitch may be pregnant to my whippet/bedlington x jack russel dog. I've been worrying all night, but at least it would seem that there is a market the pups. I'm a bit calmer now  :rolleyes:

Is that Rupert the dad? Which one is the Mum?lol

How big is Rupert, he looks cute!

Welcome to K9

Cerito

Thanks for the welcome :)

Rupert would be the dad, yes. The mother would be Buffy - pure Bedlington but un-registered. Rupert is only 8 1/2 moths old and at the moment I guess around 18 inches and yes, incredably cute :wub:

Rupert at approx 5 1/2 mths old

rupertsoppy1.jpg

Thankfully I'm less sure about Buffy being in whelp now. :dizzy: I do want puppies from her, but not this year, so I'm hoping not.

hi all, i never managed to get archie over to the bitch in time so i will be letting him have a go at her next season. the bitch is unreg but is a excellent worker,killing over 50 squirrels from september to christmas last year and dozens of rabbits aswell. archie my whippet is still untried as yet but is showing a lot of promise and boasts an excelent blood line. regards.

hi nigel, he has quite a bit of nimrodel and laguna in his ped with some shalfleet and of course some sooty sam, carmodian and kaymark to name but a few. heres archies dad. regards

They both look nice dogs Sparky. I`m going to be having a pup out of Sooty Sam/Laguna lines soon hopefully (fingers crossed)

hi moriarte, he is 10 months now and real strong, he has a high drive to chase but also is very obediant and comes when called. i have tried to not over encourage him to chase and let it come to him naturely, this seems to be working just fine with this dog. regards

forgot to ask before, where you getting the dog fron nigel,

Hi Sparky, I`ll be getting a dog off Mike Brown all being well. He`s the guy who owned Sooty Sam. The litter are due tomorrow , and are from a son of SS put to a Laguna bitch. They sound exactly what I`m looking for .

nigelmcfc said:
Hi Sparky, I`ll be getting a dog off Mike Brown all being well. He`s the guy who owned Sooty Sam. The litter are due tomorrow , and are from a son of SS put to a Laguna bitch. They sound exactly what I`m looking for .

mike brown bred my bitch mate and she's turned out to be a really good working bitch. she's got plenty of speed and stamina with guts to back it up. is the sire lord of the night?

Hi Mally, yeah the sire is Lord of the Night and Dam is Judy who is out of Laguna Leader.

I`ve always liked the Lagunas and I`ve seen a couple of cracking dogs out of Mike`s breeding, their early pace and determination is what I`m looking for

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back