The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Biennial

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i got my whippet biennial this morning :D how lovely to see colour photos making it more stunning :thumbsup: :thumbsup: what do you lot think of it?

Had a quick lok at Crufts and was very impressed. All I need to do is find one to buy now :(

waiting for mine to make its journey across the waves .... :sweating:

I think its great :D Such an interesting read, my Archie is on page 225 (I think), its great because on the next pages are his father, grandfather and gt. grandfather!

I can't imagine how much effort it takes to product it!

:) Got my copy today as well. We put in a B&W add, but will probably do a coloured one next time, because the coloured ones do look a lot better. :thumbsup:

Hmmmmmmmmmm .......... well I am learning by my mistakes!! Last time I sent my photo in on disk and the stupid printers tried to enlarge it by pulling it out on the side instead of a corner so Rupert looks like a Dachshund!!!

This year I sent a 'hard copy' photo but the blurb on disk and they printed the picture verbatim the size that I had just drawn a square to indicate where on the page I wanted it, so it is almost miniscule!!! When the advert (especially for colour) is so expensive I feel a bit peeved really!!

I shall think very carefully for the next edition and send it EXACTLY as I want it .......... I wonder what they will make of that!

dessie said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm .......... well I am learning by my mistakes!!  Last time I sent my photo in on disk and the stupid printers tried to enlarge it by pulling it out on the side instead of a corner so Rupert looks like a Dachshund!!!
This year I sent a 'hard copy' photo but the blurb on disk and they printed the picture verbatim the size that I had just drawn a square to indicate where on the page I wanted it, so it is almost miniscule!!!  When the advert (especially for colour) is so expensive I feel a bit peeved really!!

I shall think very carefully for the next edition and send it EXACTLY as I want it .......... I wonder what they will make of that!

As a matter of interest. If you make up a copy at exactly the same size as the book with a square marked out for the picture you should be all right.

johnthewhippet said:
dessie said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm .......... well I am learning by my mistakes!!  Last time I sent my photo in on disk and the stupid printers tried to enlarge it by pulling it out on the side instead of a corner so Rupert looks like a Dachshund!!!
This year I sent a 'hard copy' photo but the blurb on disk and they printed the picture verbatim the size that I had just drawn a square to indicate where on the page I wanted it, so it is almost miniscule!!!  When the advert (especially for colour) is so expensive I feel a bit peeved really!!

As a matter of interest. If you make up a copy at exactly the same size as the book with a square marked out for the picture you should be all right.

Not forgetting of course to send the picture at the corrct size. Hope that this helps Caroline.

Well I am dead chuffed with mine :wub: Its just how I wanted it to be ( page 276 ) , I cant believe more people didnt go colour , it looks SOOOOOOOO much better , o:) and its not like its every year is it :lol: :thumbsup:

I dont know wether Lucinda or Molly come on here to look , but i think congratulations are in order for them . Last year I sent a thankyou card , o:) I cant begin to imagine all the hours that must go into making it , can you ? :cheers: :- "

Yes full marks to them for all their hard work, I think the biennial is always terrific and an invaluable reference book, but in colour it is wonderful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zephyr's picture was also quite small(p231), but that was completely my own fault as my verbal diarrhoea made it impossible for them to make the picture any larger :b :- "

Next time, less blurb, more photo!! :D

I tjink its the best ever. colour photo's look great !!!

had a bit better look tonite,i do like like your page jackie with them all together really gorgeous photo especailly of little libbee :wub:

nice one of you and poppy debs and flyn.

i do like dawn's page with just the heads,that is something done different.

in fact its all really good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is it too late to order a copy? And if not, where do I order from??

cHeers

Jackie

Still waiting for mine ... it's a long trip over them thar' waves! ;)

Barkis said:
Is it too late to order a copy? And if not, where do I order from??cHeers

Jackie

FROM

Lucinda Aldridge- Blake

Email aldridge-blake.weston@lineone.net

Cost £15.00 plus £7.50 airmail

:cheers:

It's here [SIZE=14pt]IT'S HERE[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]IT'S HERE !!!!![/SIZE] Sorry, can't stay, gotta go read it .... :teehee: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
aslan said:
It's here [SIZE=14pt]IT'S HERE[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]IT'S HERE !!!!![/SIZE]  Sorry, can't stay, gotta go read it .... :teehee:   :lol:
Enjoy Lana and lets us know what you think of our pages :D

I'm really pleased for you Lana, I HATE waiting for things!!! ENJOY :D

glad you got your copy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :sweating: :sweating:

you be able to snuggle in bed with your copy ;) ;)

It was my first time :b . Really pleased with it but next time I'll go for colour

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back