The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet In Need Of Home

allycat

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a male whippet and I desperatly need to find a home for him. He is about five years old and is a lovely calm dog, the perfect family dog. He is great with other dogs and children. He is good off lead and totally house trained.

The reason for me needing to find him a home is that 8 months ago I split with my partner and luckily moved into a shared house with friends (some MSc students who were home a lot) who were happy to give me a hand looking after him. Unfortunatly I have to move out of my current property into a flat. I work full time and the person I am moving in with alos does so he would be left for 9 hours a day which I believe is far to long for him to be left. A part from the fact that I wouldn't like him to be living in a flat, the landlord won't allow pets.

I am moving out at the end of feb and have tried my hardest to find a house with a garden so there might be a chance of me being able to keep him but they are very few and far between and also to expensive.

If anybody has any ideas as to how to find him a home as soon as possible or is interested in him send me an email or PM and I'll answer any questions you have.

I have had him for two years now and love him dearly, I'll be so glad to see him go. I really want to find him a decent home.

allycat said:
I have a male whippet and I desperatly need to find a home for him. He is about five years old and is a lovely calm dog, the perfect family dog. He is great with other dogs and children. He is good off lead and totally house trained.
The reason for me needing to find him a home is that 8 months ago I split with my partner and luckily moved into a shared house with friends (some MSc students who were home a lot) who were happy to give me a hand looking after him. Unfortunatly I have to move out of my current property into a flat. I work full time and the person I am moving in with alos does so he would be left for 9 hours a day which I believe is far to long for him to be left. A part from the fact that I wouldn't like him to be living in a flat, the landlord won't allow pets.

I am moving out at the end of feb and have tried my hardest to find a house with a garden so there might be a chance of me being able to keep him but they are very few and far between and also to expensive.

If anybody has any ideas as to how to find him a home as soon as possible or is interested in him send me an email or PM and I'll answer any questions you have.

I have had him for two years now and love him dearly, I'll be so glad to see him go. I really want to find him a decent home.

sorry about your relationship breakup..thats very sad :(

unforseen circumstances happen to all of us and we just have to do the best we can....

im sure you are doing the best you can and i wish you the best of luck with your new life and finding your dog the best home possible :luck:

You've certainly come to the right place. I'm sure you'll get an offer of a home soon :thumbsup:

Such a shame, it would break my heart to give up my whippets :(

have a look through some of the threads here as a few have asked for dogs on here? good luck and hope it all works out well for you :luck:

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to keep your little lad..however...if this is the whippet you got from Hereford and Worcester via DogPages it will be a condition of your original adoption that you have to return him to them (he may even be chipped with their details). Im sure they will be able to find him a lovely new home that will be homechecked. Give Carol a ring

Natalie

So sorry, how horrid for you :(

Can you tell us any more about him? What's his history before he came to you, how is he with cats, do you know his breeding etc.....some of these things can be important to prospective homes, even colour, so the more detail the better :)

:luck: Wishing you lots of luck rehoming your boy, it must be terribly sad for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
NatalieMc said:
Hi there,Sorry to hear you are unable to keep your little lad..however...if this is the whippet you got from Hereford and Worcester via DogPages it will be a condition of your original adoption that you have to return him to them (he may even be chipped with their details). Im sure they will be able to find him a lovely new home that will be homechecked. Give Carol a ring

Natalie

Oh, sorry, didn't spot this, you obviously type faster than me :b (me=three words an hour :p )

Hope the little love finds a brill home anyway :luck:

Sorry to hear this Allycat. please contact us, we have a lovely foster home available for him immediately.

Carolx

Catherine was looking for a whippet - perhaps you could PM her and see if she is interested.

:luck:

Please can you tell me if this Whippet is still available for a home as I know somebody who would be very interested?

Sorry about your unfortunate circumstances, and Good Luck in rehoming your whippet. :luck: :luck:

Hi Alleycat!

I'm VERY interested in your dog!! He sounds like the perfect dog for me as I don't work and am only gone from the house for maybe 2 hrs max to do shopping. I live with my mother and we have a very quiet lifestyle so he would fit in extremely well. And the housetraining etc is very much appreciated!!

Please let me know if you are still looking for a home for him and when I might be able to come and visit him. I can come anytime.

Please call me on these 2 numbers

01773 924452 (no answering machine)

07784 278936 (mobile)

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

vivb

Belper, Derbyshire

allycat said:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back