The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Needs New Home

dionne goldson

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a light fawn, whippet bitch who will be 2 in january. I regret that after serious consideration and heartache I will have to give her up. I am also leaving the country on 28th october and I have exhausted all other options. She is very loving and loves company and playing in parks. She has recently had a accident which tore her skin on her back, but it has healed very nicely. I really think she will benefit from a home with another whippet, but she will be fine as long as she's loved. She is up to date on her jabs, good with children, but not cats. please call me on 07932 640 936 thank you.

Sorry to hear you have to rehome your whippet. I am sure through K9 you will find her a new loving home. It might help if you can post a photo of her. :huggles: Good luck. :luck:

This must be so sad for you :(

As Sarah suggested, a picture will help and also whereabouts you are in the UK :thumbsup:

I am sure you will be able to find an excellent home for her through K9 :luck: :luck:

Where are you, I have a family wanting a companion for their rescue whippet?

Good luck. :luck: I'm sure you'll find a lovely pet home for her....adult whippets are quite sought after. :thumbsup:

God luck in rehoming your lovely whippet girl.. :huggles: :luck:

Have you spoken to your whippet's breeder? If not please do. I would be devastated if one that I had bred was rehomed and I wasn't asked to help. The new owner should have the breeders phone number at the very least.

That is assuming if you had a good breeder in the first place who cares about the welfare of the puppies they breed.

Good Luck, and I think she will be happier with another whippet, it may ease the stress of the upheaval for her.

Cathie

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck in finding a home :luck: :luck: :luck:

dionne goldson said:
I have a light fawn, whippet bitch who will be 2 in january. I regret that after serious consideration and heartache I will have to give her up. I am also leaving the country on 28th october and I have exhausted all other options. She is very loving and loves company and playing in parks. She has recently had a accident which tore her skin on her back, but it has healed very nicely. I really think she will benefit from a home with another whippet, but she will be fine as long as she's loved. She is up to date on her jabs, good with children, but not cats. please call me on 07932 640 936 thank you.
yes where are you as i do know of somebody wanting to take on an older whippet.

dionne goldson said:
hi there sorry to here of your decison is she kc reg and what sort of price whould you expect as i have a whippet wanting a compainon

~Sarah~ said:
Sorry to hear you have to rehome your whippet. I am sure through K9 you will find her a new loving home. It might help if you can post a photo of her.  :huggles: Good luck.  :luck:
thank you for the advice, i can not seem to post pictures on this website, my boyfriend believes the site may have a problem?? if anyone wants i can send them directly via email, sorry. I am living in the north london area-muswell hill

I can only echo Cathie's comments regarding contacting her breeder.

I would be distraught to hear that one of our pups had been rehomed without my knowledge. I think this would be the opinion of all reputable breeders too.

Very best of luck in finding a lovely new forever home for her :luck:

I take it Annabel was not the person to have your whippet? Will keep looking for a home for her.

Anne

Hi Dionne - I'm looking for a companion for my ex-racer Greyhound and was wondering if your whippet lass was still available and where abouts you live? Di

Thank you all for your support, interest and advice. Just to clarify things, she is KC registered, I have her intial papers, but never sent off for the full one. A lady called Rachel will be helping me rehome her and I will meet again with her tomorrow. Stirling has been spayed, so she will not be suitable for breeding, just a very loving companion. Her pictures will be posted soon( I had a little trouble with uploading images and Rachel will help). As I have said, thank you so much for your help (especially Nigel and Lynette who have made this horrible ordeal much easier). I (or Rachel) will be in touch, thanks again.

p.s I am not looking for money, I just want her to go to a new home that I (or Rachel) can check first).

awww her names Stirling just like our boy whippet Stirling

Hope you have good look finding her a new home :) :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
dionne goldson said:
Thank you all for your support, interest and advice. Just to clarify things, she is KC registered, I have her intial papers, but never sent off for the full one. A lady called Rachel will be helping me rehome her and I will meet again with her tomorrow. Stirling has been spayed, so she will not be suitable for breeding, just a very loving companion. Her pictures will be posted soon( I had a little trouble with uploading images and Rachel will help). As I have said, thank you so much for your help (especially Nigel and Lynette who have made this horrible ordeal much easier). I (or Rachel) will be in touch, thanks again. p.s I am not looking for money, I just want her to go to a new home that I (or Rachel) can check first).

Hi Dionne, I hope you have found a good home for your girl, sorry Annabelle couldn't have her. good luck

Anne (Cornwall)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back