The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

whippetpup

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all,

Was hoping for some advice/experience please. We are days away from picking up our currently 7.5 week old Whippet Puppy, she has just come from her microchipping and health check with a Grade 2 Heart Murmur.

We want to know how this will leave us with getting insurance, will this count as a pre existing condition and potentially cause issues in the future if we need to claim?

I understand this is a common issue in puppies, especially hounds, and could more than likely resolve itself!

Any advice will be gratefully received! Happy weekend! 💕

No advice just surprise heart murmur solidarity. just got my new 5 year old rescue back from the vet with a surprise grade 2 heart murmur as well. rescue never told us. we got our health insurance before our vet saw him so I cant comment on that. vet did say not to worry so long as he doesn't display any shortness of breath or coughing. poor little freddie has a bevy of health issues so I'm not going to worry about this one.

Thank you for your reply, it does make us feel better knowing that we’re not the only ones experiencing something like this.
Wishing you and your pup the best! ☺️
No advice just surprise heart murmur solidarity. just got my new 5 year old rescue back from the vet with a surprise grade 2 heart murmur as well. rescue never told us. we got our health insurance before our vet saw him so I cant comment on that. vet did say not to worry so long as he doesn't display any shortness of breath or coughing. poor little freddie has a bevy of health issues so I'm not going to worry about this one.
k you

Unfortunately insurance will regard this as a pre-existing condition. The good news is that it often resolves itself, especially with sighthoundy dogs that need more heart power than non-sighthound types.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back