The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Temperament & Exercising

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
we lost our 2 dogs three years ago, Baldrick at christmas and then Benny who was a collie cross whippet 6 months later from seperation anxiety. He was 15 and in good health, but we had a baby, lost baldrick and moved house all in the space of 6 months. poor benny just couldnt cope if left for any length of time and would become so distressed. we even tried a dog behaviourist but to no avail. he was too old to change. so he went to join baldrick in doggy heaven. we have missed having a dog sooo much but thought it better to wait until our son was at least 3 which is now. yippee! we are now the proud owners of a black whippet,, 4 month old :LEROY:

i would reccomend a whippet to anyone, they are such lovely animals, and yes hes sharing my bed lol.my own personal hot water bottle! he is smashing with our son and fantastic company. we wouldnt be without him now................

pink118 said:
we lost our 2 dogs three years ago, Baldrick  at christmas and then Benny who was a collie cross whippet 6 months later from seperation anxiety. He was 15 and in good health, but we had a baby, lost baldrick and moved house all in the space of 6 months. poor benny just couldnt cope if left for any length of time and would become so distressed. we even tried a dog behaviourist but to no avail. he was too old to change. so he went to join baldrick in doggy heaven. we have missed having a dog sooo much but thought it better to wait until our son was at least 3 which is now. yippee! we are now the proud owners of a black whippet,, 4 month old :LEROY:i would reccomend a whippet to anyone, they are such lovely animals, and yes hes sharing my bed lol.my own personal hot water bottle! he is smashing with our son and fantastic company. we wouldnt be without him now................

Congratulations on having Leeroy - your new whippie :cheers: I think youve joined a very old thread here from 2005 :) dont worry you can always start a new one with pictures - we would love to see your new whippet. :) :thumbsup:

Welcome Miss Lauren and thanks everyone for a fantastically helpful thread. I'm about to get my first whippet puppy from Angel/Dawn at Daledogs (they're in Devon quite close to you :wub: ) and am grateful for all the advice I can get :cheers:

So sorry about your old Jasper. I still miss my cats who have died and think of them often - they are buried in the garden with little headstones.

GOOD LUCK with the pup - how exciting to start again :D

jostler said:
Welcome Miss Lauren and thanks everyone for a fantastically helpful thread.  I'm about to get my first whippet puppy from Angel/Dawn at Daledogs (they're in Devon quite close to you  :wub: ) and am grateful for all the advice I can get  :cheers:
So sorry about your old Jasper.  I still miss my cats who have died and think of them often - they are buried in the garden with little headstones.

GOOD LUCK with the pup - how exciting to start again  :D

Awwwwwwww bless, the thread is 2yrs old,thanks anyway Jane :huggles: :huggles:

daledogs said:
jostler said:
Welcome Miss Lauren and thanks everyone for a fantastically helpful thread.  I'm about to get my first whippet puppy from Angel/Dawn at Daledogs (they're in Devon quite close to you  :wub: ) and am grateful for all the advice I can get  :cheers:
So sorry about your old Jasper.  I still miss my cats who have died and think of them often - they are buried in the garden with little headstones.

GOOD LUCK with the pup - how exciting to start again  :D

Awwwwwwww bless, the thread is 2yrs old,thanks anyway Jane :huggles: :huggles:

:oops: sorry, hadn't realised this was such an old thread :b still very useful info on exercise needs and general gorgeousness of whippets generally :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back