The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippets With Unlikely Names

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I recently sold a darling little blue and white pup I had called Richie to dear little boy who told me that he looked like a REX and would, henceforth, be called so if I didn't mind.

Well I sorta did mind, to me REX conjures images of GSD's or Cattle Dogs or Kelpies, but he's not my dog anymore and I told the lad he could call him whatever he wanted - so Rex it is (pictured below).

Dessie mentioned in another thread that she sold a dear sweet little black dog to a fellow who promptly named him BRUTUS (w00t)

What whippets do you know with names that you think don't quite suit a whippet?

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a lovely dark brindle puppy who's new owners came to look at him at 4 weeks and promptly named him Conker (well its better than Rooney which they were also condsidering (w00t)

I love the name Conker :D not sure Andy would want to shout it in the woods though :lol:

As I said on the other thread Aslan, my neighbours collie is called Rex and he is :clown: :clown: totally nuts :lol:

in my eyes definitely not a whippet name then :- " :- "

my Monty has many, many names that are very unlikely for a whippet :- "

not like our perfect Devon, he only gets called proper whippet names :huggles:

may05_114.jpg

aslan said:
Dessie mentioned in another thread that she sold a dear sweet little black dog to a fellow who promptly named him BRUTUS  (w00t)
What whippets do you know with names that you think don't quite suit a whippet?

Noooo! It gets worse, it wasn't a chap who had 'Brutus' but a twee little old lady!!! :lol:

Tyson,butch,killer..... (w00t) :p :clown:

I met one called Brett at the weekend

i know someone with a whippyx called TANK :lol:

Slightly off subject but when I was younger my horse was called Pork Chop......

I was at a show a couple of years back and heard someone shouting "Lesley Lesley stop doing that!". Thinking some poor kid getting a row, but oh no here was a women walking towards me shouting at her Hung Viz called "Lesley" to stop pulling. (w00t) (w00t)

met a cocker spaniel puppy yesterday called JANET (w00t)

My neighbour's weedy yorkshire terrier is called Butch (w00t)

when i took one of our whippets agility there was a GSD there called daffodil!! (w00t) :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back