The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippets With Unlikely Names

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
alialiali said:
Whippet names I have come across include Trevor, Whippet, (mine) and Doris.. (w00t)   (w00t)   (w00t)
oi, nothing wrong with the name [SIZE=14pt]DORIS[/SIZE]!!!!!! I like it :- "

doris said:
alialiali said:
Whippet names I have come across include Trevor, Whippet, (mine) and Doris.. (w00t)   (w00t)   (w00t)
oi, nothing wrong with the name [SIZE=14pt]DORIS[/SIZE]!!!!!! I like it :- "

but remember Doris is not your real name.... ;)

because its the female turkeys name at Hall Hill.... :lol: :lol:

Years ago my friend had a poodle called Timmy, nothing wrong with that. The problem was he would chase after people and not come back so she used to shout out "Goodbye Timmy". He was following this chap one day and Sue was yelling out, the poor bloke started to run away much to Sue's annoyance as Timmy ran after him. When I could stop laughing I pointed uout that she was shouting. " BYE TIM".............................BITE HIM!!!!!! (w00t) (w00t)

Juley said:
Years ago my friend had a poodle called Timmy, nothing wrong with that. The problem was he would chase after people and not come back so she used to shout out "Goodbye Timmy".  He was following this chap one day and Sue was yelling out, the poor bloke started to run away much to Sue's annoyance as Timmy ran after him. When I could stop laughing I pointed uout that she was shouting. " BYE TIM".............................BITE HIM!!!!!! (w00t)   (w00t)
[SIZE=14pt]LOL!!![/SIZE] (w00t) :lol: :oops: Love it!!!

(w00t) Used to have a whippet called spot (w00t) i was only four when i named her thats my excuse anyway (w00t) (w00t)

Hi everyone when i was a child we had a few whippets here are the names

cringer patsy

sugar benji

rip sandy

biffo

dylan (the villian)

rusty

smokey

silver

i also had a gsd cross called pepper because she liked pepper . :) :)

we have 4 whippets, Poppy, Sindy, Lucy and most recently JOHN ! he came from greyhound gap with the name John and as he answers to it we kept it. (w00t)

P1000120.jpg

as someone who owns a whippet called Daniel I am keeping very queit... :- "

In my defence that is the name he came from the rescue with and as we were only fostering him initially we didnt change it and now it has stuck... we do get some odd looks sometimes though...

Still.. I'm popping to the Pub with Daniel sounds ok :D

I have a few :- " names

Gertrude

her daughter Honey Bun.

Also Lady Fiona, quite good casue at the vets they call Lady Fiona Wayman, yes thats me :- "

But Gertrude Wayman, i hide :blink:

Honey Bun Wayman i Blush :b

my mil's cairn is called Dizzy (kids named it)

and my mothers friend called her cat killer.

I'v also meet a maggie,chrissy,brandy,and a cat called barkley (barkleys bank)

dolly said:
I have a few :- "  names

Gertrude

her daughter Honey Bun.

Also Lady Fiona, quite good casue at the vets they call Lady Fiona Wayman, yes thats me :- "

But Gertrude Wayman, i hide :blink:

Honey Bun Wayman i Blush :b

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Janimal said:
Theres a Policeman in our village with a little westie .....called Mary.
My OH and I like to visualize him shouting for her. :lol:   :lol:

My dad's new rabbit is called Mary, my mum named her. She is a Chinchilla Giganta so quite a big bunny but my mum thinks it suits her.

Not dog names but my sister once had a hamster called Chas and wanted a budgie to call Dave.

Working in Kennels we had some dogs with odd names.

JRT called Walter.

Brindle Dane called Dot.

Labrador called Roger (owners surname was Moore!!)

Chihuahua called Hercules.

Can't think of any more at the moment.

there is 3 golden retrievers where i walk Tia the boy is called harvey & the girls are emily & lucy & a black scottish terrier called monty

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back