The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whistle Training

Seraphina

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is our park, it also goes more than 1km the other way, and I let the girls run quite a distance from me, but when I think they are going too far I call them back. That means standing alone in the middle of the park screaming on top of my lungs, so i decided to use a whistle instead. Bess and Madelaine are fine, but Callista hates the sound, must be hurting her delicate hearing. When I blow the whistle, Callista puts her tail between her legs and scoots to the farthest corner of our garden. :lol:

Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG Lida, look how much Madelaine has grown. Who is the black dog in the photo? The whistle is a great idea BTW

Tesa said:
OMG Lida, look how much  Madelaine has grown.  Who is the black dog in the photo? The whistle is a great idea BTW
This photo of the park was taken in January. There is Bess, Callista with our interstate visitors; Nina (black, Bessie's daughter) and Zara (fawn). Madelaine was in Bessie's tummy :) .

In this cold the girls do not move too far from the heater - you cannot see the flames, but believe me it is on!

Lida

Great picture. :thumbsup: wouldnt mind looking into using a whistle. Sorry for my ignorance - but COLD in Australia ??? didnt think youd know the meaning of that word. :unsure: What do the temperatures get down to in Oz then??

I thought this was cold :lol: ..........

Mill_scene_K9_7.jpg

Janimal said:
Great picture. :thumbsup: wouldnt mind looking into using a whistle.  Sorry for my ignorance - but COLD in Australia ??? didnt think youd know the meaning of that word. :unsure:   What do the temperatures get down to  in Oz then??
I thought this was cold  :lol: ..........

Well, today the top was 13 C, but about 2 weeks ago the dogs' water in dish outside was frozen in the morning, and that is about as cold as it gets here in Melbourne. But what the whippets hate most is the wet weather.

Snow is something they know nothing about and really do not want to know. :D

my first whippet came to Europe with me and she was not amused at all at first, later on she did come out - as long as she had a jumper and coat on!

Lida

Thanks Seraphina - Ive often thought it would be lovely to live in a Hot climate :b but I think I WOULD miss the seasons - which are all really pretty here. I like HOT when youve nothing much else to do - but working in it is a different thing altogether. :lol:

I would love to visit OZ - my sister went a few years ago -To PERTH - and said the bits she saw were truly lovely, but not sure if she could live there.

Janimal said:
Thanks Seraphina - Ive often thought it would be lovely to live in a Hot climate  :b   but I think I WOULD miss the seasons - which are all really pretty here. 
You would like The Yarra Valley and the Dandenongs Janis,

http://www.yarrarangestourism.com/

and they have all four seasons including snow. Not too far from where Lida lives?

Oh Tesa - that does look a delightful area .... Yes I could live there. :thumbsup:

Wow - and those Mystic Mountains. :wub:

Did you emigrate to Oz or always lived there??? :unsure:

I used to live in Emerald in Dandenong Ranges. In the ten years we were there we had snow once! The tempertures up there are just couple of degrees lower than the rest of Melbourne. Many people up there have gardens with european decideous trees, Japanese maples and rhododendrons which make it look like a real autumn. Our street down here at seaside has liquid ambers, so we do get to notice that the summer is over, too. I have to say i too miss the clearly defined seasons.

Lida

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back