The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who feeds raw / natural diet?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I feed chicken wings and/or cereal for breakfast, then for dinner any raw meat or organs mixed with either Dorwest products, grated veg or brown rice. Once a week just a bowl of raw tripe. And of course loads of odds and ends thrown in. I must say though I won't buy any meats intended for animal consumption, as I don't like the look of it (maybe it's just me?), all the meat/wings/organs come from Tesco... except for the green tripe of course (they don't have that for humans... i wonder why??! :x (w00t) ) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
LasVegasNo1 said:
I must say though I won't buy any meats intended for animal consumption, as I don't like the look of it (maybe it's just me?), all the meat/wings/organs come from Tesco... except for the green tripe of course (they don't have that for humans... i wonder why??! :x   (w00t) ) :D
I'm exactly the same! :thumbsup:

Im a convert too to the BARF diet - or more natural feeding since finding K9. :thumbsup:

Mine get chicken wings for breakfast or sardines/tuna - sometimes cottage cheese and a few natural biscuit mixer (at the moment mine get Burgess Supa dog mixer)

then in the evening, tripe, or beef, lamb,or chicken (offal sometimes) veggies and mixer sometimes. and pasta and rice when Ive cooked that. And of course bones from the butcher now and then.

As a treat they get tripe sticks, puff jerky and the odd biscuit bone, but prefer real bones.

Added wheatgerm, cod liver oil and garlic capsules.

oliverpliers said:
LasVegasNo1 said:
I must say though I won't buy any meats intended for animal consumption, as I don't like the look of it (maybe it's just me?), all the meat/wings/organs come from Tesco... except for the green tripe of course (they don't have that for humans... i wonder why??! :x   (w00t) ) :D

yeah i understand your point but i questioned the particular company that i use prizechoice/natures diet/anglican(all the same company)...a barf for pets.....and they guarantee its safety for salmonella and various other nasties and their food is tested by defra and their comment was that thier guidelines for their product was tested as thoroughly as if it was for human consumption?!

oliverpliers said:
LasVegasNo1 said:

Just a word of warning to anyone who feeds meat straight from the supermarket,

NEOSPOROSIS - CANINUM

All meat should be frozen to destroy parasites before you feed it, IMHO.

Cheers,

Pete

oliverpliers said:
LasVegasNo1 said:

Me too! I saw a programme on CHannel 4 a while back which showed the conditions of animals intended for supermarket meat. It made me feel sick - if I was already veggie I certainly would be after that. :x I tend to buy farmer's market organic free range now. More expensive but better quality.

Gunscrossed said:
oliverpliers said:
LasVegasNo1 said:

Just a word of warning to anyone who feeds meat straight from the supermarket,

NEOSPOROSIS - CANINUM

All meat should be frozen to destroy parasites before you feed it, IMHO.

Cheers,

Pete

I only buy frozen. :)

All the meat is frozen first before it's fed, no exceptions :thumbsup:

Yep freeze mine too - then defrost naturally. :thumbsup:

HI all,

im trying zeb on raw meat, but not sure how much to give him at 1 time. Im planning on giving him 1/4 of a 400g packet of prize choice with same muched up veg, twice a day.

Is this right. :(

sharron

sharron said:
HI all,im trying zeb on raw meat, but not sure how much to give him at 1 time. Im planning on giving him 1/4 of a 400g packet of prize choice with same muched up veg, twice a day.

sharron

He's a biggish boy so I would give him half a pack of meat plus the veggies, twice a day. No biscuit anywhere in his diet??? He ought to have some sort of filler-upper!

sharron said:
HI all,im trying zeb on raw meat, but not sure how much to give him at 1 time. Im planning on giving him 1/4 of a 400g packet of prize choice with same muched up veg, twice a day.

sharron

although gypsy is a growing pup she gets 3x 400g of prize choice and bits of fruit and veg!...she is 6mths and weighs 12kg...(if you look in my gallery you can see her) :thumbsup:

It all depends on the size of your dog and how much they like to eat, Ella is 9 mths , she has 1/3 of 400g tripe/meat with a few biscuits twice a day and still doesn't eat all of it, she turns her nose up at even the best Sunday roast leftovers !! she weighs about 18-20 lb

Julie D said:
It all depends on the size of your dog and how much they like to eat, Ella is 9 mths , she has 1/3 of 400g tripe/meat with a few biscuits twice a day and still doesn't eat all of it, she turns her nose up at even the best Sunday roast leftovers !! she weighs about 18-20 lb

can we swap dogs please julie?..yours is much cheaper to feed!...lol :b :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back