The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wilfy Attacked

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So sorry to see this. Hope it heals quickly, and he is not psychologically affected by the attack. I was going to post and say something similar happened to ours at Xmas, and that he'd recovered with no ill effects, but we had nasty attack incident today again, though nowhere as serious as yours.

"Instigation of dog bite claims is not usualy feasable if a dog has not previously shown any aggressive tendencies. However if in an earlier incident the dog has shown any sign of aggression then the owner or keeper or person in control of the dog at the time may be liable to pay compensation for personal injury as a result of a subsequent attack."

accident-information-compensation

"Damages Claims

We strongly recommend that all dog owners have insurance to cover you for third party liability claims.

If you do not have insurance cover available and you face a claim for damages caused by your dog, then (as a general rule) you will be liable if:-

The incident was due to your negligence (ie, you did something you should not have done or you failed to do something that you should have done), or

Your dog has behaved in a similar manner on a previous occasion and you were aware of it"

from doglaw.co.uk

I don't know whether the damages in question cover human bites only, or extend to vet bills for canine injuries. :unsure:

:luck: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
naylorwhippets said:
Kim and Tilly said:
what happened with the dog?? did the owner stick around? will they pay the vets bills?
Very nasty pictures, i hope things heal well and they are all back out for walks with out being to scared.

Best Wishes

The dog & owner have gone to ground :rant: :rant: The police said that they can't do anything as it is a dog on dog attack, but if it had bitten Dave it would of been pts straight away.

Our postman is going to get us her name & full postal address. I can't see her paying, but we are not letting the matter drop, we will take her to court if need be.

I took Wilf & Misty back to the vets this morning, the vet said that the stitches to his side can come out next Monday. The other nine will have to be in a lot longer :( Misty has a swelling on her side, not sure if it is blood or fluid she might have to have it drained :( My vet said when she got Misty on the table after the attack, her side looked like bubble wrap, full of air pockets under the skin. Due to taking in to much air whilst running & being in shock. My poor babes :wub: :wub:

had something similar a couple of years ago - one of my boys was attacked by a GSP (off lead, miles ahead of its owner) - Kes ended up with 34 stitches in his hind leg. Owner did (eventually) pay the vets bill after several reminders and promised to keep his GSP muzzled. A few months later I was out with my boys when along came the same GSP (Off lead, miles ahead of owner once more and no muzzle). The thing took one look, roared and came in to attack again. Luckily all three of mine were on leads so I stuffed them behind me and lashed out at the GSP just managing to keep it off until owner arrived who had to beat it with a branch. Only thing owner told me was "he only seems to dislike your dogs". Red rag to this particular old cow -told him that in future if the dog so much as growled at me or the whippets then he would be reported under the DDA. Strangely enough he seems to keep out of my way now!! Hope your hounds make a good recovery

Sorry to read this .......I wish Misty and baby Wilf a speedy recovery :huggles:

Just read this how awful :( Hope the poor babies mend very quickly. I would have been petrified if I had of been Dave. You would think this woman would be feeling terrible knowing that her dog has done this and would be offering to pay the vet bills. People really make you sick sometimes don't they.

How are they now Diane and Dave ?? ........Hope they are feeling much better .......Arnica and Rhus Toxs tabs will help with the healing .......If they seem a little scared then Rescue Remedy and Aspen in the drinking water is also very good :thumbsup: .......Lots of :huggles: :* :huggles: to the guys :luck: :luck:

Strike Whippets said:
How are they now Diane and Dave ?? ........Hope they are feeling much better .......Arnica and Rhus Toxs tabs will help with the healing .......If they seem a little scared then Rescue Remedy and Aspen in the drinking water is also very good  :thumbsup:   .......Lots of  :huggles:   :*   :huggles:   to the guys  :luck:   :luck:
Hi Hannah, W

Strike Whippets said:
How are they now Diane and Dave ?? ........Hope they are feeling much better .......Arnica and Rhus Toxs tabs will help with the healing .......If they seem a little scared then Rescue Remedy and Aspen in the drinking water is also very good  :thumbsup:   .......Lots of  :huggles:   :*   :huggles:   to the guys  :luck:   :luck:
Hi Hannah, Wilf & Misty are now on the mend :thumbsup: Wilf is running around like a mad man :sweating: I think mentally it will be a long job, Misty & Gypsy are going mad.............barking at anything & everything, I don't know if they will ever get over it. :rant: :rant:

The woman who has the dog came round yesterday, I asked her if she was going to pay the vet bill, she looked shocked when I asked (w00t) She said that she will pay, but she will get back to me with how much she can afford each month.

I won't hold my breath!!

Where can I buy the Rescue Remedy ? :thumbsup:

Hi Diane,

It's about time she made contact with you :rant: I hope that thing is now properly locked away and muzzled :rant:

It was lovely to hear Wilf barking in the background the other day, I know he's on the mend now :thumbsup: I bet Digby's warn out though :wub:

Wilf is fighting with Digby right now. (w00t)

Poor Diggers :b he is forever picked on. :wacko: Talk about little & large, I think I know who comes off best every time :blink:

naylorwhippets said:
I think mentally it will be a long job, Misty & Gypsy are going mad.............barking at anything & everything, I don't know if they will ever get over it. :rant: :rant: 
We've had a lot of whining too; I think it's partly separation anxiety from spending a whole day at the vets, and having the routine upset etc. Hope they settle soon :luck:

Hi.....Rescue Remedy can be brough a most health food shops.......I would recommend the Aspen aswell :thumbsup: ........2-3 drops in their mouths a few times a day :luck:

naylorwhippets said:
Strike Whippets said:
Hi Hannah, Wilf & Misty are now on the mend :thumbsup: Wilf is running around like a mad man :sweating: I think mentally it will be a long job, Misty & Gypsy are going mad.............barking at anything & everything, I don't know if they will ever get over it. :rant: :rant:

The woman who has the dog came round yesterday, I asked her if she was going to pay the vet bill, she looked shocked when I asked (w00t) She said that she will pay, but she will get back to me with how much she can afford each month.

I won't hold my breath!!

Where can I buy the Rescue Remedy ? :thumbsup:

tell her your vet wouldnt let you pay in installments and you dont expect her to either!shes fully responsible for her dogs behaviour and she has to pay. :thumbsup: tell her if she doesnt you will make an official complaint to the police and press charges,and that might involve her in a lot more expense and heartbreak.that might light a fire under her bum! :angry:

Strike Whippets said:
Hi.....Rescue Remedy can be brough a most health food shops.......I would recommend the Aspen aswell  :thumbsup:   ........2-3 drops in their mouths a few times a day  :luck:

Hi Hannah, Stephen Thacker bought me some yesterday. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back