The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wilfy Attacked

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Kim and Tilly said:
what happened with the dog?? did the owner stick around? will they pay the vets bills?
Very nasty pictures, i hope things heal well and they are all back out for walks with out being to scared.

Best Wishes

The dog & owner have gone to ground :rant: :rant: The police said that they can't do anything as it is a dog on dog attack, but if it had bitten Dave it would of been pts straight away.

Our postman is going to get us her name & full postal address. I can't see her paying, but we are not letting the matter drop, we will take her to court if need be.

I took Wilf & Misty back to the vets this morning, the vet said that the stitches to his side can come out next Monday. The other nine will have to be in a lot longer :( Misty has a swelling on her side, not sure if it is blood or fluid she might have to have it drained :( My vet said when she got Misty on the table after the attack, her side looked like bubble wrap, full of air pockets under the skin. Due to taking in to much air whilst running & being in shock. My poor babes :wub: :wub:

Oh GOd, how very scary for you all. I hope every one is better soon :luck:

So sorry to hear about this terrible attack, hope that they all make a speedy recovery.

So sorry to hear what happened :(

Hope they all get better soon :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Those pictures are horrific Diane, I was really choked to see poor little Wilf looking so forlorn. It's not fair, he's only a baby. Luckily, you are all still here to tell the tale. I am not convinced about the dog on dog attack. I would say you have a case, even if not criminal, in the civil court. I think a dog running lose who can do that sort of damage is a dangerous dog. :huggles: To all of your babies.

This is an extract of the Dangerous Dog act and may be applicable from Dave's point of view.

Section 3 applies to all dogs, making it a criminal offence to allow a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place. This includes instances where there is fear that an injury might occur.

Owners found guilty under either section of the Act could have their dog destroyed, face the possibility of six months in prison and/or a fine not exceeding level 5 (at present up to £5,000).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi we don't know you personally but hope your puppy recover's very soon. :huggles:

Was the owner of the other dog reported :rant:

Its blooming lucky wilf was so great looking before or a scar like that could ruin his appearance :angry:

hope your other dogs are being molly coddled for saving the day cause it could have soooo much worse.

well done dave for doing the right thing so quickly, I will buy him a drink when i see you next.

Take care and look after the patient.

Jim

Joanna said:
Those pictures are horrific Diane, I was really choked to see poor little Wilf looking so forlorn. It's not fair, he's only a baby. Luckily, you are all still here to tell the tale. I am not convinced about the dog on dog attack. I would say you have a case, even if not criminal, in the civil court. I think a dog running lose who can do that sort of damage is a dangerous dog.  :huggles: To all of your babies.
This is an extract of the Dangerous Dog act and may be applicable from Dave's point of view.

Section 3 applies to all dogs, making it a criminal offence to allow a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place. This includes instances where there is fear that an injury might occur.

Owners found guilty under either section of the Act could have their dog destroyed, face the possibility of six months in prison and/or a fine not exceeding level 5 (at present up to £5,000).

The animals act 1971 provides that the keeper of an animal is liable for any damage it causes, if he knows it was likely to cause such damage or injury unrestrained................... I know this applies to the woman who own's this dog, as she has had the dog on the pavement unleashed & told a friends son not to pat it as it will bite :rant:

Don't worry Joanna, we will not let her get away with this!!

Dave was fearful for himself, but only as an after thought.

jim said:
Its blooming lucky wilf was so great looking before or a scar like that could ruin his appearance :angry: hope your other dogs are being molly coddled for saving the day cause it could have soooo much worse.

well done dave for doing the right thing so quickly, I will buy him a drink when i see you next.

Take care and look after the patient.

Jim

Jim, that scar will make him even more distinguished. :eek:

Dave said yes please, make his a double whisky :thumbsup: Don't worry about the patients, they are having round the clock care :wub: :wub:

GET WELL SOON WILFY AND MISTY :huggles:

So sorry to read this, I hope you and Dave are ok too :huggles:

naylorwhippets said:
Kim and Tilly said:
what happened with the dog?? did the owner stick around? will they pay the vets bills?
Very nasty pictures, i hope things heal well and they are all back out for walks with out being to scared.

Best Wishes

The dog & owner have gone to ground :rant: :rant: The police said that they can't do anything as it is a dog on dog attack, but if it had bitten Dave it would of been pts straight away.

Our postman is going to get us her name & full postal address. I can't see her paying, but we are not letting the matter drop, we will take her to court if need be.

I took Wilf & Misty back to the vets this morning, the vet said that the stitches to his side can come out next Monday. The other nine will have to be in a lot longer :( Misty has a swelling on her side, not sure if it is blood or fluid she might have to have it drained :( My vet said when she got Misty on the table after the attack, her side looked like bubble wrap, full of air pockets under the skin. Due to taking in to much air whilst running & being in shock. My poor babes :wub: :wub:

I know its a while since my Chip was attacked, but his wound filled up with fluid like this and the vet placed a drain there -he had bubbles of fluid too ( he had 18 stitches) - and when it finally healed up - you could hardly notice at all - it was just that he had 4 ribs wired so you could always seem to feel the wires underneath the skin slightly.

I was told exactly the same by the police too - because no-one had been hurt on this occasion bla bla bla :rant: :rant: makes you bloody angry dosnt it.

I hope Wilf Gets Well soon. :huggles: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG poor little Wilfy, he's only a puppy, hope he and Misty are making a good recovery, how very scarey for all of you, my worst nightmare, surely something can be done about that stupid woman and her dog ?

:huggles: :luck: to you all

hi, when i take my dogs out i allways put on my STAFFY boots and dont think twice about kicking any likely bull dog up and down for a while until they get the message. although i do not condone cruelty to animals,but sometimes this is all these types of dog and their owners can recognise. :thumbsup:

those pics are horrific. :( yet another poor dog attacked and the owners try to get away with it.dont let them.make them pay all the vets bills and id get them for personal trauma and distress too.hope your poor dogs are on the road to recovery and are well soon.makes me so bl**dy angry when i see pics like this.dogs llike that should be muzzled and kept on lead in public. :angry:

Hi Dianne and Dave, so sorry. It must have been horrific. Our poor Wilf. We wish them a speedy recovery and lots of love.

regards Shaz and John and (billy)XXXXX

Oh my lord....just read this thread. How awful :( Think its about time the law was changed to make owners more liable for their dogs.

I won't and can't let one of mine off the lead because his recall......whats a recall :- "

My boy wants to play, but as with most teenage dogs he can be a bit gobby and doen't know when to shut up.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery...and hope the fleas of a thousand camels come to rest in the armpits of the owner of the nasty dog :lol:

How terrible. Poor Wilf and Misty. Thank goodess everyone will be OK.

I agree that the law should be changed.

Hope Misty and Wilf get well soon and Diane and Dave are feeling a bit better :thumbsup: .I think its terrible that responsible dog owners like Diane and Dave are victims of ones who are not,and to go through the heartache of seeing your dog suffer with pain lots of trips to the vets and vets bills.I have had a word with a policeman and he admits something should be done but depends on area.I think personally its if they can be bothered or not.Cheryl was bitten by a staffy cross thing last year which drew blood,we reported it thinking it could be a child next time.We where told "all we can do is have a word but we can only act after three differant complaints".They were more interested in looking round the lounge as if there were stolen goods.Anyway the main thing is that its not more serious than it is,and hopefully no lasting effects.

Hoping wilf and Misty feel a bit brighter today. :luck: :luck:

Oh Diane,so very sorry to see little Wilf like that ,it brought a tear to my eye.Wishing all whippies a speedy recoveryxxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back