The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Words Fail Me

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
There are some cruel, b***ards out there, :rant: :rant: :rant: Glad to hear that he is safe, poor creature.

Why,oh why,oh why??? It doesn't cost much to have them humanely euthanised,does it,w hat possible pleasure can these sick people get from doing these sort of things?

I feel ashamed :(

There really are some evil ba****ds in this world,i truly hope that they themselves will one day die a very slow & painful death!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

How can anyone do such a sick thing to this poor dog having just read about it in Our dogs I thought I was prepared to look at the pictures but the horrific injures done to the poor dog bought tears to my eyes I hope the cruel b******s rot in hell and wishing the dog :luck: :luck: in finding a loveing home to end its days

Last edited by a moderator:
mazza said:
A few facts about this industry
You bet...they die

Although these groups do a good job in highlighting facts about the 'few' evil monsters in Greyhound Racing it just annoys the hell out of me that yet again because of the sick people who do harm to their dogs in that way, we, the caring Racing Greyhound owners get made to look barbaric as well :rant:

Ban racing and it will hit Whippets as well, we already have a ban on 'proper' coursing. I can see that Greyhounds will become a rare breed if it ever went ahead :(

I would like to comment that of all the greyhounds i have owned and raced have luckily been given good homes on retirement, i have a 12 year old that is still going on strong and a 6 year old who we love to bits.

I think in the era of the chav, in a few years time we will be hearing of these cruel acts on Staffies, the law needs to get tougher.

its hard to type this with tears rolling down my cheeks.i pray he has a wonderful home for the rest of his life where he will be treasured and spoiled as he deserves to be after what hes been through.i hope when the barstewards who did this are caught that they throw the book at them.failing that i hope some real greyhound lovers find them and give them a taste of their own medicine. :angry: what is this world coming to? :(

Poor, poor dog. Thank god he has been found and I know he will end up in a great home.

But when I look at those photos I'm just stunned at how horrible that person must be :( How can you look at an animal and do something like that to it?

I believe that if you live a good life without hurting anyone on purpose, without stealing, conning or killing (except to protect yourself or the innocent), then you have nothing to fear when it's time to go to the next one - that evil :rant: will definately pay for what they've done, if not in this life then in the next

hope its soon

I have written on this post about 4 times and deleted them as I can't find the words to decribe my hatred for these evil , sick BAS***DS.

Poor wee sole,,only had love to give and I bet he still loves people,,,Hope he recover's very soon and get's a nice warm fire to lay beside in time for Xmas.

I hope they do fine the owner's, trainer etc and cut them to bit's too

Lolcoe said:
mazza said:
A few facts about this industry
You bet...they die

Although these groups do a good job in highlighting facts about the 'few' evil monsters in Greyhound Racing it just annoys the hell out of me that yet again because of the sick people who do harm to their dogs in that way, we, the caring Racing Greyhound owners get made to look barbaric as well :rant:

Ban racing and it will hit Whippets as well, we already have a ban on 'proper' coursing. I can see that Greyhounds will become a rare breed if it ever went ahead :(

I would like to comment that of all the greyhounds i have owned and raced have luckily been given good homes on retirement, i have a 12 year old that is still going on strong and a 6 year old who we love to bits.

I think in the era of the chav, in a few years time we will be hearing of these cruel acts on Staffies, the law needs to get tougher.

I agree, it is a shame that a minority in the racing game give it disgraceful name.

It is bad for the people who genuinely love their dogs and who have a true passion for the sport.

I have little interest in greyhound racing but wouldn’t necessarily like to see it banned either, except if the true dog lovers actually turned out to be the minority and this problem was much bigger than first thought. I think it should be regulated much more strongly. Each dog should have to be accounted for and the dog’s details throughout its life from birth to death should be on record. Every dog that is racing should be registered on a national database, and when its racing days are over, it’s future from then on should be further recorded. It would make it easier to spot kennels that are disposing of too many young healthy dogs. Healthy dogs should not be used as a disposable commodity and it should be a criminal offence to end a dog’s life because it can no longer race. I don’t know if a database like this already exists. If so, it’s not working at protecting the dogs from abuse and death.

I imagine racing greyhounds are still young when they end their racing lives. If it is 2, 3 or 4 years old as I believe, then the turn over in racing dogs must be enormous. Thinking about this equation, the ex racers are still only a quarter of the way through a normal lifespan when they retire. For each dog that is presently racing there must be 5 times as many that are retired. I really cannot see how new homes could ever be found for so many. How do all these dogs end their days. What happens to them?

I think that the good dog loving people in greyhound racing need to get rid of these people. If they don't then they will lose the sport that they love. And so will us whippet racing folks who don't act like this. :rant:

Because a minority of people are like this they are besmirching the greyhound world as a whole. These sorts of people have to drummed out of greyhound racing. I appreciate that anyone who can do such a thing to a living creature is a very dangerous person to humans as well and shouldn't be walking around freely. But they really do have to be got rid of.

Also the sheer wastage issuing from greyhound breeding establishments has to be addressed. There are too many dogs being bred. Way too much wastage. There aren't enough homes wanting an ex racing greyhound.

If the caring greyhound racing people don't get on top of this then more and more people will want to ban the activity.

Maybe if whippet racing has to go in order to ensure that such acts of barbarism no longer happen then............ It's obviously not something that I want to see as I race my whippets. But unlike greyhounds they are pets first and racing dogs second. If they don't want to or can't race then what the hell. It isn't going to destroy my life or my dogs.

I'm afraid that if greyhounds are going to be treated this way then maybe they should become a rare breed. Better that than being so cruely treated. Personally I'd rather see a compulsory humane destruction on ex racers than to see this happen to one other dog. And lets face it it's not one other dog it's far too many of them being abandoned, abused and on the rare occasion meeting a dreadful savage and cruel end.

Greyhound racers really must clean up the racing industry or loose it.

:( Just could not bring myself to look at the link :(

Its not just the dogs that have raced & retired that homes have to be found,what about the poor youngsters that dont make the grade :( you could have a litter of say nine pups & only two or three grade in.its so sad :( :( :( :( :(

The poor dog, I hope he heals well and without too much pain. I also hope that he finds a loving home for the rest of his natural life. Good luck greyhound :luck: :luck: :luck:

As for the lowlife scum who did this to the dog, they don't even deserve mentioning, so I won't.

Well said BeeJay! It's taken me 24 hours to pluck up the courage to look at the link and I really wish I hadn't. :( :angry: Words fail me....... :(

why oh why hope the b*****ds that done this die a long horrible painful death.

Its nothing to do with people being anti greyhound this has been done so the identity of the greyhound can not be traced to the registered owner no ears no tattoo numbers i was told this happens all the time in ireland by someone who worked there for many years & saw it on a regular basis :(

This greyhound was found by a member of the public. His ears had been very crudely hacked off - perhaps to remove the identifying tattoo. The Irish Greyhound Board was brought in to investigate this case. Fionn has been seen to by a vet, and is safe and doing well.

Irish Greyhound Board (IGB) statement concerning reported case (17 Oct, 2005) of maltreated greyhound found in Tipperary.

The Irish Greyhound Board [iGB] unequivocally condemns, in the strongest possible terms, the maltreatment of the recently reported case of the greyhound "Fionn", currently in the care of Tipperary Friends of Animals SPCA. This case was put under immediate investigation by the IGB, which is determned to identify who is responsible for this atrocity. The IGB is appalled at the magnitude of cruelty inflicted on this greyhound, and makes urgent appeal to the public to provide any relevant information in confidence to the IGB Welfare Manager.

The IGB Welfare Manager has reported this case to An Garda Siochana and has also sent an IGB Stipendiary Steward to the premises where the greyhound is being cared for to record detailed markings and obtain a DNA sample from the greyhound. (The IGB is currently setting up a process in conjunction with The Irish Greyhound Stud Book, whereby DNA will be taken from all brood bitches, which in turn will allow the parentage, and therefore the identity, of all greyhounds to be traced.) The DNA sample taken from this greyhound is currently undergoing a profile analysis in the U.K.

Where cases of cruelty against greyhounds are investigated and proven, the full rigours of the IGB statutory sanctions will be brought to bear on the perpetrators. The IGB Welfare Manager is seeking the assistance of the Irish Greyhound Owners and Breeders Association, the greyhound public and the public at large. This will be further communicated through the medium of industry specific publications and other sources.

The IGB appeals to any person who might have relevant information relating to this specific case to contact in confidence:

The Welfare Manager,

The Irish Greyhound Board,

104 Henry Street,

Limerick

Impressive words but at the end of the day what does it mean???

If through DNA the culprit/culprits of this hideous crime are found what happens?

Same old, same old i'm afraid. Slap on the wrists, dont do it again, maybe a couple of years ban, no big deal.

Until the powers that be are prepared to find themselves a backbone & crack down on these morons issuing prison setences of at least a 2 year minimum, NOTHING will ever change.

These people are laughing all the way to their next mutilation cos they know even if they ae caught they may get a fine, a ban or a ridiculous 6 month sentence of which they serve just a few weeks they coudn't give a flying f**K.

All the while there is big money involved in activities such as this, this kind of behaviour will continue to happen time & time again.

For the very few genuine racing greyhound people out there who do genuinely care about their dogs & what happens to them (& it is just a few), you have my upmost respect & i feel sorry that you have to live your lives amongst these scum.

For the rest, i hope they do one day ban Greyhound racing for all the dogs that are so cruelly mutilated, beaten, shipped to spain, shot with bolt guns, abused, left to die, dumped, pts, so that you can no longer treat these poor animals like this for your financial gain.

Nina

>For the rest, i hope they do one day ban Greyhound racing for all the dogs that are so cruelly mutilated, beaten, shipped to spain, shot with bolt guns, abused, left to die, dumped, pts, so that you can no longer treat these poor animals like this for your financial gain.

Personally I don't hope that they will ban greyhound racing because it's not in itself wrong or bad for the dogs. I know because it race my whippets and it's not wrong for them. They are just fine and will continue to be so as long as I don't let winning come before their welfare. (We don't do it for money or betting btw). It's the people who make it so bad for the dogs.

AND it's some of the people not all of them.

However as I've said earlier the good dog loving people involved in greyhound racing have to get this sorted out. And yes I agree with you far too many of these dogs are ending up in bad, evil situations. It simply isn't good enough. It is sick plain and simple. It is disgusting!

I don't believe for example that people don't know who is doing this sort of thing to the dogs. It's not just an isolated case. However I do understand that anyone who can do such a thing to a living animal could also do some serious damage to a human being who got in their way.

They are sick. They probably also damage people.

But they need to be out of greyhound racing and in my opinion off the streets and into some kind of institution where such people can be contained and neutralised.

>Its nothing to do with people being anti greyhound this has been done so the identity of the greyhound can not be traced to the registered owner no ears no tattoo numbers i was told this happens all the time in ireland by someone who worked there for many years & saw it on a regular basis

It has [SIZE=14pt]everything[/SIZE] to do with people being anti greyhound racing. This is why they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well said nina :thumbsup: this is only the very tip of the iceberg :( as i said earlier-its not just the exracers theres also the VERYlarge percentage of litters that dont make the grade :( :( :( :( :(

Nina

Not sure but I think that in Ireland where this attrocity happened that you can get a max of 2 years for cruelty.

Hope they can catch them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back