The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Worming!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Excuseme, I assume Frinsky means Diatomaceous Earth.
If you use it, be sure to get the top grade and don't be tempted to use the cheaper DE. I don't use it for worming, though it's perfectly all right to do so, but I do put it in dog beds to deal with any flea eggs or larvae that might be about. It isn't wise to put it where dogs might inhale it, so I put it under and between sheets of newspaper - a really thick layer - then put bedding on top of some layers of non-DE treated newspaper. Allegedly newsprint repels fleas too.
Yes...exactly...it needs to be 'food grade' powder.
The cheaper stuff can be use 'externally' for animals and premises, though it will do just fine with chickens as well as for the grain storage.
I have even used to dust black aphids off from my broadbeans etc. Good stuff!

Even I do give chemical worming tables with my girls...every 6 months, but because they do pick of manner of things to eat along their walks I also give them regularly some Human food grade DE-powder. It doesn't have smell or taste and will blend very well into spoonful of melting icecream...:rolleyes:....or gravy:rolleyes: It is easily given and taken as well and it helps to keep the numbers under control.
I use with chickens internally as well as externally to keep all manner of 'unwanted creatures' away.
Awesome, use that for the horses! Was wondering if it would be safe for the puppy?.............

I just wanted to add that animal hair and sunflower seeds are great natural wormers! I give my dog rabbits ears/lambs ear once of twice a week and add crushed seeds to his dinner :)

I just wanted to add that animal hair and sunflower seeds are great natural wormers! I give my dog rabbits ears/lambs ear once of twice a week and add crushed seeds to his dinner :)
i was told about the rabbits ears, however i have not seen any research/evidence to support this?

i was told about the rabbits ears, however i have not seen any research/evidence to support this?

It is an excellent source of fibre and cleanses the intestines so can help to rid of parasite eggs! My behaviourist had told me about it. Never worm my dog, I just do worm count once every 3 months to make sure and he has, so far, never contracted them! :)

Sorry to correct myself! I meant pumpkin seeds, not sunflower seeds

hello everyone i just wonder if the probiotic is effective for dogs tummy?.. i just read some..

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back