The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wyoming Coursing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Strike Whippets said:
Bantrys grown (w00t) ........ You are lucky to have that much open space and freedom Tony ......I wish I could afford to come out and join you ......but hey ....I'll let you send me Rae instead ;) :lol:

I didn't think at first that Bantry was going to amount to much, then we kicked out a Jack that she was close to and the other dogs were way off somewhere. She had a solo run and worked the Jack like a pro. After that she began to show what she could do. Guess all she needed was a bit of confidence.

Rae has done me proud. (Even if she is black!!) :D

Rae.jpg

great pics and stories from stateside.. lets see some more mate.. :cheers:

sparky said:
great pics and stories from stateside.. lets see some more mate.. :cheers:

Met up with this guy in Medicine Bow with a pet Coyote. About three years old.

Seemed about 1/2 tame to me. He wanted me to take it and breed to a Whippet.

Might have been interesting. Tamed wild animals are hard to keep and often illegal in the USA.

Wy_Co_TRIP_088.jpg

Somethig different.

Young Golden Eagle watching us coursing.

eagle.jpg

tlewis said:
animalady said:
Hi - can i bring my whippets and my borzois along too....??!

I wish.................. :)

All welcome. Saw some nice Russian imports run lately. Moderate size and looked like Greyhounds with Borzoi coats to me.

We can even find you somewhere to stay!

That will do me nicely, whats the rental please

:cheers:

hey tony long time no see;tom roberts here, from colorado;were you coursing up at medicine bow?how is the jack population doing??as always you have some great looking animals;..............have a good one ,tom

WOW! Do you get a bit of wind there?

Your dogs look like lean, mean running machines :cheers: thanks for sharing the great photos.

Puzzled though - what is the problem with Rae being black ?

Its a joke :D ....Though if I remember correctly Tony thinks Blacks are boring and common :eek: (w00t)

hey tony long time no see;tom roberts here, from colorado;were you coursing up at medicine bow?how is the jack population doing??as always you have some great looking animals;..............have a good one ,tom

Hi Tom,

Time you got some more runnin' dogs and came on out. Jacks were plentiful and as fast as usual.

I must be out of my mind!! I "Think" we have bought a house in Colorado. Moving so far from Washington at my age is crazy, but I never claimed to be sane!! Place is about 50 miles East of Col. Springs and about five times as large as our cabin. Won't be moving 'till late Summer I expect.

Might need some help!!! Hint! :))

Dachs.jpg

Its a joke :D ....Though if I remember correctly Tony thinks Blacks are boring and common :eek: (w00t)

Boring and common!!! I've got five of them myself.

My problem with blacks is that I can't tell who is who when at a distance or when it's getting dark. Blacks tend to often have poor coats and are sometimes almost bald. A big drawback when it's way below freezing. It never seems to bother them much unless they get wet. I think it bothers me more than them! In the very hot Summers we have here they feel the heat more too.

Black.jpg

Only in Colorado.

I told my mate not to ride drunk! Wouldn't listen.

Bale.jpg

wow livin out near calhan???yeah i make deliveries to the springs every day from denver......i dig the picture of the guy in the hay bale;them cowboys get drunk and ride anything home from the bar;lol............let me know when your headed this way all set off some signal flares!!!!lol........keep in touch...........tom

wow livin out near calhan???

Calhan? What or who is Calhan? Is there something I should know?

Delivering what. Do I need some?

Another strong bitch. Picture from this morning. Came to be bred, but a few days too early I think.

Ada_1.jpg

tlewis said:
wow livin out near calhan???
Calhan?  What or who is Calhan?  Is there something I should know?

Delivering what.  Do I need some?

Another strong bitch. Picture from this morning.  Came to be bred, but a few days too early I think.

sorry tony been working;calhan is a little cow town east of colorado springs nice little town,been out that way is all;i working for a trucking company is all, i make deliveries to the springs almost every day and i dont think you want the stuff i deliver;sorry for the confusion...............see ya tom

sorry tony been working;calhan is a little cow town east of colorado springs nice little town,been out that way is all;i working for a trucking company is all, i make deliveries to the springs almost every day and i dont think you want the stuff i deliver;sorry for the confusion...............see ya tom

I'll have to check that out.

A guy brought his lurcher to be bred to one of my Whippets. Didn't think it took, but ended up with two pups. The bitch had five or six but his F-ing Jagd terrier killed them and eat them.

Sucker that I am, I ended up with the bitch and two pups. I'm not convinced that they are Whippet X's.

What do the experts think? They are a bit too young to tell yet so expect time will tell. They are huge!!

Lillies_005.jpg

Lillies_007.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back