The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your Highlights Of The Year

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Claire , you BAD girl :lol: :oops: I bet Viv hasnt seen that picture on here for all to see ;)

My highlights ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Harvee and India winning both Junior AND Grad classes at East of England

India gaining her Junior warrant at 14 months including a Best in show :cheers:

Mollee winning her last 3 veteran classes at Championship shows and getting Best Vet at 2 o f them :cheers:

But my high light is Woody , having under gone major surgery only 4 weeks ago to prevent complete paralyse , this morning he jumped over a 3 foot fence with room to spare (w00t) :eek: , No he shouldnt be doing that , :oops: but it was so good to see he felt well and able to be able to jump it :sweating:

As long as my `gang` are healthy and happy s*d the showing . who ever wins ;)

May I wish all `showers` all the best for themsleves and their dogs , and dont forget

[SIZE=14pt]ITS ONLY A HOBBY ........not life or death [/SIZE]

Some of our highlights were:

Our daughter Georgia :wub: watching her handle at Crufts YKC this year & qualifying in YKC twice this year for Crufts 2007!

Having our Litter of 8 pups from Phoebe :wub: , and born on my birthday!!

Honey :wub: - Our beautiful Collooney girl, winning BPB & BPIS at EAWC & her qualifying for Crufts & all her placings at champ & Open shows.

Seeing our daughter Shanie :wub: Qualifying her Connie for crufts 1st time out at 6 months.

Both our Girls qualifying for Richmond semi-finals this year.

We've had a good year, although we were limited at what we did this year, due to having our litter.

All the best to everyone in 2007!! :luck: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say my biggest highlight of the year was going across to the States in April / May for the US Whippet National Specialty and watching literally HUNDREDS of whippet compete in every venue/sport/event possible and especially watching Bo Bengtston judge the main conformation classes.

I got to meet (and stay with) people face to face, I have been friends with online for YEARS. I got to meet their whippets in person, and cuddle, snuggle, get slurped by, rounded up by and sleep with a lot of those whippets! I spent almost a week in Maryland before the National - stayed at the host hotel during the National. Saw my first real Lure Coursing event, then travelled to Kentucky with another longterm whippet friend (Patience - who makes the dogwalkers collars/leads and whippet panties) and finally met her whole Whippet Waggle. I could just go on and on about that trip. AND I even got to co-judge a whippet match with Pauline Oliver (Spyanfly) and Griff from on here!

With regard to the girlies and showing - I think Teya getting 2 firsts at Bath (yearling and grad) was definitely the highlight of my summer. Our local Canine Club has a special points contest for placements in Companion / Open / or Championship shows and Teya got 4th place for highest points scored for Ch Show placings which was a really pleasant surprise last week when the points were tallied and the awards given.

Oh and my first time showing my own dogs at Crufts (the previous year I handled for another whippet owner)! AND the experience of doing Discover Dogs the following day and watching my girls help a young one overcome her phobia of dogs... That made me so PROUD.

And last but not least, my wonderful Chelsea Bear who got us started in whippets turned NINE this year. I can't believe where the time went.

Thanks Jo for a great fun subject.

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:
Cartman said:
JAX said:
[SIZE=14pt]ITS ONLY A HOBBY ........not life or death [/SIZE]

Thats like saying " Winning is not everything. But 2nd does suck."

Agree there Cartman , sometimes Id sooner be 3rd than second . as long as Im beaten by a better [SIZE=14pt]dog [/SIZE] IMO thats fine , its when it isnt a fair result :- " that I get wound up :wacko:

My highlight was definitely getting a new whippet puppy in August. I have dreamed of a new whippet for years and I finally got it from Scotland! :) She is adorable personality and now at 1 year she looks very promising. :wub: Her best result in shows was Best of Breed Puppy in Hämeenlinna, Finland.

My other whippets have retired, but had success with dachshunds in show rings.

Good luck to the New Year to all K9'ers! :luck:

We too have had a great year -

our first time at Crufts Lizzie was placed 3rd in her class,

Beau and Lizzie were both placed 1st in their classes at NCWC

Hannah qualified for Richmond Junior Handling Semi Finals 2006 and 2007

The hightlight was having our first litter of puppies

Wishing you all a Happy New Year

My Highlights must be my very dear Harry winning Best Puppy at crufts and started the ball rolling for a fantastic year winning 10 1sts at Ch shows , also gaining his Junior warrant with a massive 50 points

cruftsharry.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back