The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

1st Nationals

P

peppermint lady

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
(w00t) well what can i say, we had the bestest day ever (w00t) (w00t)

with mums peppermint princess winning her heat and semi final then coming 2nd in the final to bolt from the blue :thumbsup: well dont to the Nind camp

well done to all of todays winners, the 30lb final was brilliant, thank goodness for the camera.....im thrilled for Julia and Vince with Armistice day gaining his half coat (w00t) with making a mint 2nd and our NPWRCH peppermint perfection 3rd.

my dads NPWRCH PEPPERMINT BOBSTER ON GAINING THE OTHER HALF TO BECOME A CHAMP (w00t) WELL DONE dad im thrilled for you :thumbsup:

Bobster also clocked the fastest time of the day ;) :thumbsup: deadly serious gave him a good run in the final.

well done to my buddies Mick and Angie with newly crowned NPVCH SAVERNAKE SPECIAL T :thumbsup:

once again NPVCH WHIPHAVEN MIGHTY MOUSE clocked up another win in the vets, he is running so well for June and Steve....really pleased for you my 2 buddies :thumbsup:

so many well dones i will update tomorrow :sweating:

i would like to thank the committee for yet another well run meeting, the prizes once again were so nice. :cheers:

oh and thanks for the invite to your party tina.....i did enjoy my shandy :cheers:

Last edited:
oh i keep thinking of others :wacko:

NPWRCH kinda cheeky had another good day :thumbsup: winning the 16lb group

and geof's fly the wind who was impressive all day taking the 26lb group :thumbsup: you looked thrilled geof

Linda's NPWRCH funto run won the 18lb group, Angie parkers NPWRCH sapphires queen topaz won the 22lb, well done to her, the 24lb final was won by it's a breeze, making her a new half coat, flying rocket is another new half coat in the 28lb group.

NPVCH also goes to the maginot line, what a day for vince and julia.., Gingeroo who never seems to let Robin down!

unless someone else does it, i might put the full results on tomorrow -_- but i need to go to bed now, and dream of speed boats on my drive :lol: :lol: :lol: (that makes sense to some people honest) :lol:

but i just felt the need to mention all the group winners :thumbsup: well done everyone and i hope you all had a good trip home ;)

Last edited:
Well what can I add to that Julie :- I have had the most MAGICAL weekend, what with Amy coming home and the 1st Nationals :thumbsup: Oh yeah and I nearly forgot a Wonderful party with all my wonderful friends for my birthday lots of beautiful cards and lovely flowers and pressies, but I will have to wait till tuesday to open them all, and the most beautiful yummy cake from Gilly and The boy's said thank you for there's as it went down a treat ;) :wub:

Congratulations to all the peppermints Especially Peppermint Bobster becoming a champion :thumbsup: , Julie and Vince with Armistice Day, :thumbsup: June and steve with there whiphaven :thumbsup: , Roger jo and Tilly with Bolt from the blue :thumbsup: Geoff with Fly the wind :wub: :thumbsup: and all the rest of the winners and finalist's, Well done Julie on the winnie the pooh raffle, the amount is AMAZING :thumbsup: The tombola, and the main raffle was good as well. :thumbsup:

And it was a very very enjoyable day with the Atmosphere and laugh's all around :thumbsup: and thats what it's all about (w00t) Good Ol whippet racing :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all the people that made this open possible, and that was every one that help to the running up to this Nationals on and off the scene :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry if I have forgotten anyone or any thing and see you all next week :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you to the NPWRCH for a great day :thumbsup: Well done to all finalists and winners :cheers:

I would like to congratulate Pam with Spikes who is now a NPWRCH VC well deserved :huggles: Thanks for the cake Tina I hope you have a great time on Tuesday also a BIG thank you to Craig for trapping Mr Noisy :thumbsup:

I'm glowing here with sun and wind burn, and digesting what was surely one of the best Championships ever. So well run and friendly, the atmosphere was fantastic :teehee:

I've just watched the video, and have to say I think we've done pretty good this time, except the excitement was just too much when my boy Sweep :wub: fell out of the traps, but pushed through the middle to come over the line in first place, my fingers pressed all the wrong buttons, and zoomed in instead of out :lol: but it is still a watchable race.

I know I will forget someone if I add my congratulations now (my programme is still in the car), but I have to say a special well done to Neil Paterson for getting Bob into such tip top condition, he absolutely flew today, and is a very worthy Champion. My Peppermint pals had a great day with all of their dogs running brilliantly :huggles: evidence that what you put in, you get out :thumbsup:

I left Steve in charge of the video while I went to trap Fly The Wind. I had trapped him all day, and he was running well for Geoff, so we didn't want to upset the flow of things. He didn't disappoint, and went on to win his first half coat - so pleased for you Geoff :huggles:

Vince and Julia had a popular winner in Armistice Day, in a very tough group he has so often almost made it, and today was his day - with The Maginot Line becoming a Veteran Champion on the same day, I imagine you both floated home.

The Scots who made the long journey down had some great results with their pups :thumbsup:

Well done to all the other winners, and the Best of the Rest - without whom there would be no racing.

Thank you NPWRA committee - you are all doing a fab job - and growing stronger by the day :thumbsup:

Well done and congratulations to the winners and finalists :D

Thank you to Alan and Pat for trapping my boys and for Colin for taking me. :thumbsup:

OMG how could I forget THANK YOU LAMPY for the beautiful pictures of my boys :thumbsup: :D

Welldone all.Some good racing. :thumbsup:

Had a nightmare home got diverted around part of A303 that was closed off.Then brokedown and recovered home got in at 1:00 :wacko:

Oh boy am I tired today. One day Alan will park at the top of the slope not down at the trap end.

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard yesterday. Your help is very much appreciated and we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks Dougie for ensuring that the track was in first class condition and it ran beautifully.

Congrats to the new champions and to all the finalists. We had some very close finishes and the new camera came in very handy and I think is a great success.

Thank you to everyone who came and made the day a really good one and such a success.

Had a great day. Congratulations to all the winners and finalists. Well done to everyone who ran a dog and thanks to everyone who helped. Roll on the next one :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The photo finish camera proved to be a really good investment by the NPWRA - at last racers can go home happy knowing that the right line judging decisions were made at their Championships. No need to try & guess the result looking at a dodgy video.

As an example I've loaded up the 30lb final to show what close racing there was and what a difference a proper high speed camera makes. Sorry, it takes a while to load so please be patient - it is worth it.

See it here...

Or download the video here (right click, save as).

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing is happening Nigel, just a large black square :blink:

Big congtatulations to neil and sue for bob becoming a champion

i bet you both were well chuffed i know i am for you :thumbsup:

and well done all the other winners glad you had good weather

Big congtatulations to neil and sue for bob becoming a championi bet you both were well chuffed i know i am for you :thumbsup:

and well done all the other winners glad you had good weather
Thank you so much Debbie we are over the moon with Bob it was a smashing day our little Flo ran outstanding winning her heat and semi took a bit of a bump in the final but finnished 2nd they all did us proud :thumbsup: :)) :))

The photo finish camera proved to be a really good investment by the NPWRA - at last racers can go home happy knowing that the right line judging decisions were made at their Championships. No need to try & guess the result looking at a dodgy video.
As an example I've loaded up the 30lb final to show what close racing there was and what a difference a proper high speed camera makes. Sorry, it takes a while to load so please be patient - it is worth it.

See it here...

Or download the video here (right click, save as).
Those are amazing videos, such close races...and even more fun when you play the video's backwards ;)

It's amazing to see all the 3 front dogs in an identical stride.

(w00t) blooming heck!!!!

i always think when i post the result it does'nt always tell the story of the race :sweating:

the camera is the best investment so far :thumbsup:

WELL DONE to all the winners and finalists, - sounds like you had a fantastic day! :thumbsup:

The video of the 30lb. final was amazing!! (w00t) Nothing like having the right equipment!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back