The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2006 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
3rd Mistraka Taylor Made ( Deerfoot Cameo Crakajak x Skyeway Showboat)
Griff - from your catalogue, could you please tell me who owns this bitch and how old she is, and who the breeder is? I don't know this prefix.

Does anyone know if Deerfoot Cameo Crakajak is a full brother to D. Cameo Cabaret?

Cartman - what's the breeding of the dam?

Thanks,

aslan said:
Griff - from your catalogue, could you please tell me who owns this bitch and how old she is, and who the breeder is? I don't know this prefix.

Does anyone know if Deerfoot Cameo Crakajak is a full brother to D. Cameo Cabaret?

Thanks,

Hi Lana

Owner / Breeder: Evans / Ikin / Garman

Whelped: 03/02/1997

Unfortunatley there is no other breeding, for this bitch, in the catalogue other than Sire & Dam

regards Griff

bookworm said:
aslan said:

Thanks,

Hi Lana

Owner / Breeder: Evans / Ikin / Garman

Whelped: 03/02/1997

Unfortunatley there is no other breeding, for this bitch, in the catalogue other than Sire & Dam

regards Griff

Hi Lana,Mistraka Taylor Made was bred by the boys of Mistraka Borzoi fame in NSW.whelped in Feb.1997.Her sire is a half brother to Cameo Cabaret & Cameo Charisma all out of the same bitch CH Martinique Jazz Spirit.I believe Taylor Made sire was Ch Skyeway Midnight Express.and her dam Ch Skyeway Show Boat was sired by Ch Ryeford Billy Bragg.Show Boat dam Ch Skyeway Movie Star.Hope this info helps you.Cartman may correct me if Iam wrong.It some times helps having been in Whippets for a long long time.Cheers Houndy.

Mistraka (Tony & Stephen) are predominantly a Borzoi kennel. They have two whippet girls - Ava and Taylor. Taylor, or as we call her, 'Spotty Girl', has been quite successful in the ring. Without checking a catalogue, I think she's 9 years old.

Cartman said:
Dont think any others from K9  were placed. :(
HELLO?????? Not all of us sing from the rooftops.

It was a good but busy & tiring week for us. No time for emails as we've been up at 4:45 am and home at 7:30 pm then dogs to feed, shower, feed us, pack for the next day and fall into bed ready to repeat. That's what happens when you own four breeds.

In whippets, as breeder I handled Levi to 3rd in Open Dog; owned and handled Piper to 5th in Int Bitch; Peaches got 3rd in Open Bitch Saluki; Piglet was Puppy / Res Dog and Puppy of Day Border Terrier; and Zani BOB RR and cut for final 8 in group. Zani also won RUBIS at the RR Champ Show Saturday, BIS at the Open Show same day, rocked up for BOB Sunday and cut to the final 8 in the Hound Group (again), so we were thrilled with her performance. :cheers:

Poor Levi left Taree at 3 am and we picked him up from the trailer from the people who brought him down as we walked into the Royal. He hadn't seen us since the National so we didn't have a lot of time to prepare him, and apart from trying to mate anything that stood still, he was a good boy.

Unfortunately our gorgeous Alice wasn't able to compete this year. I'll let the picture do the talking.

Ridgesetter said:
Cartman said:
Dont think any others from K9  were placed. :(
HELLO?????? Not all of us sing from the rooftops.

G/DAY?????????????? I did say "Dont think". This was because with all the information at that time, that was all I had. & yes it looks like you did have a good Royal. Well done. 8)

Oops! Resized to acceptable limits.

Alice_K9_Apr06.jpg

Thanks Jill, Griff, Houndy and Toni.

The name Deerfoot Cameo Crakajak made me think there was another 'Trex' link there that I had not previously been aware of - but no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

Just a correction on the Whippet Club Spec results. Best Puppy In Show was Taejaan L.A. Confidential best opposite was Oakway puppy.

cheers

Molly

oakway said:

I can not remember that mating of Midnight Express!!!!!!!!!!! Could be, but not with us as the owners. Tony Wills had that dog for some time. However still would like to question if that dog is correct.

Also, I thought that all the Cameo's were sired by the Import of Pat adams.

Martinique Jazz spirit was a red/white party owned by Deerfoot.

At this stage put it down as negative. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Cartman said:
oakway said:

I can not remember that mating of Midnight Express!!!!!!!!!!! Could be, but not with us as the owners. Tony Wills had that dog for some time. However still would like to question if that dog is correct.

Also, I thought that all the Cameo's were sired by the Import of Pat adams.

Martinique Jazz spirit was a red/white party owned by Deerfoot.

At this stage put it down as negative. :(

Hi Cartman,

Breeding taken from the 1996 Brisbane Royal catalogue

Evans S W & Ikin A H Ch Deerfoot Cameo Crakajak N1201705 24/1/91

S. Ch Skyeway Midnight Express D. Ch Martinique Jazz Spirit

Bred by Deerfoot/Hassan

This of any help

Jill

Still does not jog the grey matter. (w00t) Must of been done with Tony, & not us.

Odd. :b

Speaking with Pat Adam (Grau Kennels) regarding this she tells me that Trek's was the first mating to Martinique Jazz Spirit (she was fawn brindle & white parti-colour) a small bitch and group winner at the spring fair. The progeny from that litter: Deerfoot Cameo Cabaret (NSW winner at the whippet club as a minor puppy she was then owned by Taajann and then owned by Neilhurst Kennels and Knight) Deerfoot Cameo Cavalier was owned by Noholme Kennels and won the group at the Tux's national and used by Ronndal kennels as well - another male was owned by Tony Weils of Leisor Kennels and was used at stud and James Ryan (Qld judge) owned a bitch.

Jazz Spirit was then mated again to the Skyway dog - Jazz Spirit was tragically killed in a accident after this litter.

Hope it sheds some light. Also hope I got all this right as Pat (as anyone who knows her can recite pedigree's a foot long and what the dog/bitch was like :D )

Cristina

Wayward_Angel said:
Thanks Katrina!

Well it seems that the Skyeway dog IS the sire of Cameo Crakajack - these guys owned him as well (Crakajack) so they would have the pedigree papers.

Gee it's confusing when people spread a theme for names over a number of different litters. :wacko: I assumed all the "Cameos" were from Trex and Jazz Spirit as well. Well, I knew of Cabaret and Cavalier so it was natural to make the connection.

This was an interesting little excursion, thanks everyone!

Well I have done my home work as well.

Have been in contact with all that I need to. Including the Martinique, Deerfoot & Evans & Irkin.

All we can come up with is he was shown in Sydney for a very short time. During this time it seems that he WAS/May of been mated to Jazz Spirit. There would of been no need to sign service papers. You must remember that was about 18 years ago.

He was then leased to someone in Victoria. This time I would have to sign or give the OK for the dog to of been used. That lease was very strange & I NEVER saw the dog again. All I was told it was put into a pet home.

So most logic is that it was used by the Deerfoot people while in Sydney. Time has passed, & the rest is history.

Alice dosnt look as if she has too long to go :huggles: ridgesetter

All the best for her and puppies :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back