The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2006 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hound Club Qld

Breed Judge Mr J Minchin( Eire)

Gen Spec Ms L Appleby( Eire)

Dog CC BOB Ch Shalique Dareto Impress( Cooney)

Res CC Hydale Flash Harry(Anderson /Marks)

Bitch CC RUBOB Gr Ch Shalique Silver Whisper( Cooney)

Res CC Shalique Dareto Whisper( Cooney)

BEST IN SHOW Ch Shalique Dareto Impress

Huge congrats to Trevor and Kerry on their great win yesterday.- show should be renamed the Cooney Benefit Show :D (w00t)

Well done to Trevor and WELL DONE JILL WITH THE BLACK DOG, Harry! Allen will be pleased!

More info please Gary (or Jill) ....

What was the total whippet entry?

How did Paris go, Jill? Was Gabby there Gary?

Was Vicki there with Thatcher? Were the Sherberghan dogs there? Did Narelle show them? Were Slingsbys entered? Any southern visitors?

aslan said:
Well done to Trevor and WELL DONE JILL WITH THE BLACK DOG, Harry!  Allen will be pleased!
More info please Gary (or Jill)  ....

What was the total whippet entry?

How did Paris go, Jill?  Was Gabby there Gary?

Was Vicki there with Thatcher?  Were the Sherberghan dogs there?  Did Narelle show them?  Were Slingsbys entered?  Any southern visitors?

I think Narelle lives in the US of A. now. Not sure but pretty sure. :cheers:

Don't have a marked catalogue sorry Lana but can tell you the following

30 whippet entries- total hounds 254- cann't tell you numbers of absentees but weren't many. Gab got 2nd(from 5) in open bitch, Slingsby's didn't enter, Sheberghan dogs were there, Thatcher was enterede but absent- poor bloke is having trouble with a foot, Nareele wasn't there- in the USA I think. Jill might be able to add some other details/highlights. No southerners came up but a northerner came down :thumbsup: Sure there's line in there for Cartman somewhere. :D

Hi All,

I had the catalogue fully marked for whippets. But Delphine took it home with her. I spent half an hour looking for it to give full results. I may see her to morrow, if I do, I will collect it.

Yes Paris won his class, had to, nothing else entered, but did get minor of breed over the bitch. Harry intermediate of breed and Cyrus beat his sister Rhyme for junior of breed.

Yes, the Sheberghans where there.

No, Narelle has gone back to the states.

I have been showing the Sheberghans but it is becoming just to difficult with two males of my own.

Yes it was lovely for Allen. I had to get Glenda Goller to show Harry in the chall line up as we had three males in it. Only had one bitch in the bitch line up. I only entered one bitch so that was a good result.

Cheers Jill

Thanks for that! You had a very good day then Jill.

Which northerner came to the big smoke? Was it Peter with Brockie? I seem to remember him saying that he was going to the hound show. Did Brock do any good.

2nd for Gabby is not bad. Should've been better but oh well, can't win 'em all. ;) I still love you Gabby :wub:

Lana Hi,

It was Christina who was showing at the hound show. I don't recal the other name. Sorry . Looks like I better get that catalogue back. LOL

Jill

Hey Lana,

We made the big trip down to Brissy, had a good time. All three of my dogs placed in their classes :) . Missed showing the Pharoah as there was a bit of a mix up so very disappointed there :oops: Enjoyed catching up with whippy people and meeting Pippa's other mum. Got back to Townsville Monday afternoon and boy were the dogs happy about that, been flat out at work since though, teach me for having 3 days off.

Thank you Gary and Jo on your encouraging comments on Steelie and Chilli - it's nice to get positve feedback. Thanks also to those who made me feel welcome.

Also met Kim who now owns Ronan (lovely person), he is now in a wonderful home. Just a pity some people made fun of him in front of Kim - she was very upset about it - shame some people can't contain their own personal grudges at the expense of innocent people. :angry:

Also congratulation to Trevor on his wins :cheers: - was busy packing up so missed it, actually I missed most of the In Show wins due to packing and saying goodbye to people and stressing that Ray wouldn't find his way back to Durack to collect the dogs and me, but he did well and I didn't have to wait long.

Don't have a marked catalogue so look forward to someone posting the full results if they have.

Cristina

Mychaka Whippets

Hey Cris! Well done! Placings with everyone - gotta be satisfied with that! :thumbsup: Real shame to miss out on the Pharoah though. :(

Will I see you at Charters Towers next weekend? Or do you need some more time to recover? ;)

Sorry guys I missed out on getting that catalogue today. The sensor in my wagon was playing up and its now at the garage. I may be able to collect it Saturday.

Cheers Jill.

Hi Lana,

Yes was pleased with the dogs performance. Would you believe we are going to Cairns tonight for the two shows over the weekend, good old Ray is driving again, can't believe he's going to these shows for me - next thing I may get him in the ring with a dog :lol: .

Denise went this morning for the Ag. show - keen I say. So yes we will be at Charters with bells on :D

Will bring the Hound Show catalogue with me for you to view.

C'ya then.

Cristina

Mychaka Whippets

Results Kennel Association of Queensland

Sunday 23rd July

Judge Mr.J. Skiller (N.S.W)

Minor Puppy Dog

1st Trusardis Matt Black

Junior Dog

1st Oakway Dress For Envey

Intermediate Dog

1st Hydale Flash Harry

Aust Bred Dog

1st Ch Taejaarn Long KissG'nite

2nd Ch Shalique Dareto Impress

Open Dog 2entries 1 Absent

1st Ch Sheberghan Silk Road

CC Dog Silk Road

Res CC Dog Dress For Envey

Baby Bitch

1st Shalique Clearas Crystal

PUppy Bitch

1st Calahorra Taleotwocities

2nd Piaffe Pirouette

Junior Bitch 3 entries 2 absent

1st Oakway Dress Fth Boys

Intermediate Bitch 2 entries 1 absent

1st Sheberghan The Romance

Open Bitch

1st Ch Piaffe Rapt In Ribbons

2nd Durhamshire Soldiers Girl

3rd Ch Shalique Silver Whisper

CC Bitch

The Romance

Res CC Rapt in Ribbons

BOB Silk Road

Runner up BOB The Romance

Junior in group Dress For Enver

Intermediate in Group The Romance

Best in show was the Boston and came from the Junior Class so cut me out and Inter in show went to the Welsh Springer.

Jill

Congrats to the winners :thumbsup: -some different results to last week- the attraction of dog showing I guess.

Just back from our 2nd biggest champ show in the year and the babies first and only champ show as baby puppies :b

Master Jordi won baby dog and his sister Brie won baby bitch :thumbsup: My 8yr old daughter who won the open bitch class with their dam claimed Jordi in a flash for the run off for baby of breed & was thrilled to beat me with Jordi :blink:

Jordi went on to win Best Baby Of Group, knocking out some lovely dachies, beagle & borzoi. I was thrilled as I hadn't pinned any hopes on him, we had an American judge, they are generally known for going for the black eye'd beauty's, so I thought young Brie would be the queen of the day - Jordi whilst he has a very dark eye he is still blue pigmented :wub:

He also made in thru the heat for the puppy stakes - these are 4 - 12mths all breeds - again under an American - again thought Brie would be the queen :unsure: although there were only 6 placings, he showed like a pro, baited like a king & had the most massive piddle in the ring :x

Sounds like a fun day! :D Congrats Lynda :thumbsup:

aslan said:
Sounds like a fun day!  :D   Congrats Lynda  :thumbsup:

FYI K'9ers. :D

Mr Geoff Love (NSW) will be judging Whippets in Melbourne this coming Saturday @ Heidelberg & Dist. K.C. Champ SHow. This is Geoff's first appointment for Group 4 in the big smoke. He has a great entry of 59 whippets which would be the biggest entry we have had here for sometime, other than specialty's and the Royal, but quite an achievement.

Makes for healthy competition, and may Geoff enjoy his day.

:eek: :wacko: :teehee: :thumbsup: :) 8)

:cheers:

Results;

BOB Byerley Longines

R.BOB Dachlah Silver Fern

Byerley Longines - best minor puppy in group

Dachlah Silver Fern – best puppy in group

Dachlah Rare Ruby – best intermediate in group

Congratulations all winners and placegetters :thumbsup: !

Seraphina said:
Results;
BOB Byerley Longines

Thanks Seraphina :D

Byerley Longines went Best Minor Puppy in Show

Dachlah Silver Fern went Best Puppy in Show

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bookworm said:
Seraphina said:
Results;
BOB Byerley Longines

Thanks Seraphina :D

Byerley Longines went Best Minor Puppy in Show

Dachlah Silver Fern went Best Puppy in Show

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:oops: Sorry, I did not stay after the group :b

[SIZE=14pt]That is wonderful, even bigger congratulations! [/SIZE] :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

To cut a long story short and not bore you with long results.

There were three shows this weekend.

Mt. Gravatt Agi. Saturday started 9.00am Judge Mr. D. Staines

Ladies K.C. at Durack Saturday started 5.00pm Judge Mrs. D. Quay N.Z.

Ladies K. C. at Durack Sunday. Judge Mrs. K. Findlayson. N.Z.

I won all three CC for bitches and all three for dogs.

Bitch = Oakway Dress Fth Boys BOB Sunday and Group second to the Saluki

Dog = Oakway Dress For Envey took the two BOB's Saturday and junior in group at the night show.

Usual dogs entered.

Jill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back