The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2006 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sued said:
shenace said:
6 years old  (w00t)   Is that doggy 6 yrs old??
Still doesn't make you that ancient  :wacko:   but does explain the other thread... what do they say about men in their 40's, team it up with a dash of mid life crisis & wah-lah- you have a fencing contractor who can't leave his tool belt alone (w00t)

Didn't the Roisel kennels get taken over by a younger chappy than Dot who reversed the kennel name to Lesior kennels????  What happened to them???

Tony Wills is the fellow who was Dot Stewart's friend and handler. When 'Dotty' passed away he established his own kennel 'Leisor'. He has bred some litters over the years. We don't see too much of Tony these days he calls into the shows from time to time, but has drifted away from the show world and most of the Rosiel lines are unfortunately lost forever.

:cheers:

Sued you should be in bed by now, Leisor Kennels is Dot Stewart's Rosiel prefix spelt backwards. -_- Rag Dog

rag dog said:
sued said:
shenace said:
Still doesn't make you that ancient  :wacko:   but does explain the other thread... what do they say about men in their 40's, team it up with a dash of mid life crisis & wah-lah- you have a fencing contractor who can't leave his tool belt alone (w00t)

Didn't the Roisel kennels get taken over by a younger chappy than Dot who reversed the kennel name to Lesior kennels????  What happened to them???

Tony Wills is the fellow who was Dot Stewart's friend and handler. When 'Dotty' passed away he established his own kennel 'Leisor'. He has bred some litters over the years. We don't see too much of Tony these days he calls into the shows from time to time, but has drifted away from the show world and most of the Rosiel lines are unfortunately lost forever.

Yes 'Billy' Rag Dog I am well away of the Rosiel/Leisor thingo....... How sad it is that these lines are lost, especially when you and I know personally that 'Dotty' was a pasionate and loyal whippet breeder.

Sued you should be in bed by now, Leisor Kennels is Dot Stewart's Rosiel prefix spelt backwards. -_- Rag Dog

Dito dito Lynda... As much as Noholme is definitely a significant influence in NZ., but before Noholme there is Martinique(NSW) and to add to that Wingstar(SA) and others that Noholme was built around.

NOTE: There would not be many whippets that do not have the Martinique influence in their lines. So what does that tell us. Hail 'Martinique' amongst some others.

Yes, I would have to say that the Martinique would be one of the most famous names that kept on appearing when I first started, some stunning animals bred by the guys - they had a dog called Martinique Rag Trumpet, he was a gorgeous fawn & white dog who produced some stunning kids. It's great to see that they are still in the breed & still producing some lovely animals.

rag dog said:
[]Sued you should be in bed by now, Leisor Kennels is Dot Stewart's Rosiel prefix spelt backwards.      -_- Rag Dog

Not only that but "TUMUT" is TUMUT spelt backwards. Also if it was reflected in a miror it would also spell TUMUT. 8)

shenace said:
Dito dito Lynda... As much as Noholme is definitely a significant influence in NZ., but before Noholme there is Martinique(NSW) and to add to that Wingstar(SA) and others that Noholme was built around.

The Wingstar whippets are still showing today. They are Brian Wilson' s Unty & Cousin.

From what I remember when Brian was showing here & then going (back?) to NZ. he took a dog called Martinique SS Showstopper or maybe it was M.SS Showpony. The bitch he took was Skyeway Angels Wings. Angels Wings was 100% Martinique breeding & was living at Martinique at the time. The little bitch was pet named Betty, after my mother-in-law :- "

sued said:
shenace said:

Just a bit of trivia for you. My Tesa was out of Lesior Lets Dance. She also had Calahorra and Lesior lines on her dam's side

Cartman said:
shenace said:

The Wingstar whippets are still showing today. They are Brian Wilson' s Unty & Cousin.

From what I remember when Brian was showing here & then going (back?) to NZ. he took a dog called Martinique SS Showstopper or maybe it was M.SS Showpony. The bitch he took was Skyeway Angels Wings. Angels Wings was 100% Martinique breeding & was living at Martinique at the time. The little bitch was pet named Betty, after my mother-in-law :- "

Hi Cartman

Ch Martinique SS Showpony (house name Marty) was owned by the Cliffburn whippets in Melbourne. He has also been remembered by the Victorian whippet club with a race trophy named after him! We have fond memories of Marty who sired one of our litters. Rag dog

Beenleigh & District K.C.

9/7/06

Judge Mr. M. Hewitt N.Z.

Baby Dog

1st Trusardis Matt Black

Junior Dog

1st Oakway Dress For Envey

Aust. Bred Dog

1st Ch Taejaarn Long Kiss G'Nite

Open Dog

1st Ch Sheberghan Silk Road

2nd Ch Shalique Turnup The heat

CC Dog Silk Road

Res CC Dress For Envey

Junior Bitch

1st Oakway Dress Fth Boys

Intermediate Bitch

1st Ch Sheberghan The Romance

Aust Bred Bitch

1st Shalique Dareto Whisper

Open Bitch

1st Ch Piaffe Rapt In Ribbons

2nd Durhamshire Soldiers Girl

CC Bitch The Romance

Res CC Rapt In Ribbons

BOB Silk Road

Runner Up BOB Dress For Envey

Intermediate in Group The Romance

No whippets went through in show specials.

Jill

Results from Perth. Ch. Skyeway Silver Screen Cartman/Josie, & handled by Josie. :)

Best in Hound Group & Runner-up Best in Show.

Group Judge was Mr. Ed Wylde from US of A. & General Specials was Mrs. Carter from Canada :cheers:

Top secret, the new girl is arriving soon in Perth. :)) Very well breed & another Cartman/ Josie production. :cheers: Photo soon. (w00t)

Hey Cartman

Got any piccy's Silver Screen????

Eewwww.... a secret squirrel hey ;) - what is the latest chick's details - spill the beans :thumbsup:

Do you have a website - for those of us not "In The Know" - tis hard to keep up with 'who's who' - Jo's website is seriously out of date :eek:

Share you wild thing (w00t)

Vinnie & Jo.

This pic is about 4 mths old. :)

Will try to find a pic of the newbie. as yet unnamed. :(

Vin___Jo.jpg

Thanks for the piccy's - what are the breedings????? Like the young lad Jo has - lovely shape.

shenace said:
Thanks for the piccy's - what are the breedings?????  Like the young lad Jo has - lovely shape.

Breeding????? Nah.......too much info. :cheers: Later.

The one Jo has is brother to Jack Sparrow. He is over your way. I think they are both nice. Also I have the other brother Jack Danials staying here for a little holiday as of tommorow as well. He's not bad either. :cheers:

:thumbsup: OK, keep you wee secret (w00t) It will all be revealed when the time is right, we've seen the piccy, so may as well be proud of the parents :clown:

Don't forget to put a piccy of the brother who is holidaying for a bit - Jack Daniels, I have seen Jack Sparrow in the flesh, I love his shape on the stack :thumbsup:

Congratulations Vinnie, Jo and Cartman. He really is doing well. Does that get your hopes up for the specialty Jo, under another american?

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Tis great to see the piccy's of the old history :)) - YIKES - I have a Cover Girl in my back yard!!!! My young Brie is the image of her - having said that, she does have her in her pedigree :thumbsup:

We went to a show today, was only an open show & only 7 whippets, but nonetheless - young Master Jordi (all 5mths of him!!!) won Best Of Breed & Runner Up Best Of Group (w00t)

He was a wee pro, strutted his stuff like a king & stood like an angel, tail wagging all the time, bless him :wub:

Well done Lynda and Jordi... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back